Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I am. Is there a support group?

I'll own it- I'm obsessed. I see his name in the starting 11 and throw shite at the screen. My toddler is learning to swear solely because of Robo's shite tactics, mostly involving his inclusion of Kekuta.

Actually, this weekend was mostly ok with the tactics, save one issue...take a guess...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went to this game. @Dude I'm not sure what you were watching. The Caps were terrible. We should be very thankful we have Waston as he cleans up all of the mistakes. Seattle had all of the ball. The only time we looked like we could compete w Seattle was in the last 10-15 minutes when we made 3 subs.

Manneh, when in a one v one situation, now chooses to dribble out to the sideline and put a foot on it. Are you f*cking kidding me? You have one skill and you choose to eliminate it as an option. Give me strength.

Was expecting to see big travelling support and all we got were crickets. Where are our travelling fans? Literally there were a few Vancouver families down there w their kids. What am I missing? Where are the fake English accent folks?

Most of the attacking happened on the side of one winger who I may or may not be obsessed with.

They weren't shite, but not great. I pointed out my highlights, should have included Parker and Waston.

Laba was not great...nor Rivero.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They. Were. Shite.

Watching Sporting KC and they play properly. They take yards that are given to them and look to play positively. The Caps played much of last night's game in a negative fashion. It's early so here's hoping they can get it sorted but I think we may have a bit of a problem w this roster.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was expecting to see big travelling support and all we got were crickets. Where are our travelling fans? Literally there were a few Vancouver families down there w their kids. What am I missing? Where are the fake English accent folks?

Maybe you had your back to this section? They may not be the best at making noise, but you can't say they didn't travel.

11709898_1107315289334589_2504936985415597735_o.jpg

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@dezza that's hilarious! They must have been above and behind. At no point could I hear them...and I was listening and wondering where the hell the away fans were. Classic!

I also think this photo may me from some other season :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe the big problem in here is we all agree to a certain extent?

Manneh has photos of Robo with goats: discuss.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
City of Maple Ridge has entered into 6x6 tourney on May 28 after the Caps vs Dynamo game anyone else company on here in the tourney?

Seems like a good fit ..drink ...watch caps then get my shins hacked for 2 hours

Last edited:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Saturday, March 26 or the next home game vs Dynamo, Saturday May 28?

This Saturday would be insane since it's a 7pm Caps game. Tournament wouldn't start until 9:30 or 10pm?

Even in May the tourney will be starting at 6pm after a 3pm Caps game?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Saturday, March 26 or the next home game vs Dynamo, Saturday May 28?

This Saturday would be insane since it's a 7pm Caps game. Tournament wouldn't start until 9:30 or 10pm?

Even in May the tourney will be starting at 6pm after a 3pm Caps game?

May 28. Tourney starts right after game.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notes on the match...

Early on we missed some great chances, but loved the movement to create those chances.

Fraser Aired and his pace were very much on display. His speed and fitness is fantastic.

The Bug needs to finish that early chance, no excuse...but he was playing well, looked quick.

Kudo, love how he just comes alive inside the final 3rd. That chance he had blocked by the keeper we can argue should have been finished, but loved the movement.

Manneh...dare I say playing better. Playing to his strengths and using his teammates. Not horrible tracking back, still not great. But, at least he's lively and attacking well. Great cross to the back post to create the spotter. Some will argue it wasn't perfect, I'll argue it was put into a dangerous spot with pace on it. End result spoke for itself. Early in the 2nd not as noticeable. At least he's trying to track back.

Hardly noticed Laba, which for him means he was better. I made an effort to watch him more in the 2nd and he seemed to be getting into those spots to break up plays quicker.

Really like the way Morales was playing. He's better playing deep.

Never been a fan of Kah, he's good for a serious head scratcher every match, but when he comes in for these emergency starts he seems to relish in the opportunity to lead his team.

Jacobson...so calm. Quality and experience.

Seems we're still waiting for Octavio Rivero to produce....

Overall defending was kinda bend-don't-break. Scrambly but the work rate and effort were there.

Neither team is Mexico....sigh...

And at 65 minutes this morning had to get out of the house.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure I've missed a post here on it somewhere but where were all the flags usually waving from various support groups?
First game we've made it to this season. Has it been that way all season?

As for the game, they didn't look any better in person than they did on TV. And I wasn't impressed by either

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it should be "Fraser Erred." Kid definitely has pace, but some of the decisions he makes...

Manneh was definitely trying to move the ball to teammates for a change, but a lot of his passes were dodgy.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll take Fraser Erred, with the effort he puts in, and the added pace.

I have to say I was expecting a little more grooming in that aspect, but I also don't think it'll take him long to settle right in.

Manneh...at least he was trying harder last game, but again, why is he getting time? Why is Nico Mezquida on the outs? All we hear from the boss about his player is "Not fit.". Not fit?

So...Manneh, Tetchera, and now Mezquida are all "not fit" to start the season? Seriously, WTF?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-4-2 is working it seems. Looks like Morales and Laba compliment each other.
I'm still worried how they will do against a 3 man midfield with some higher class players.

I think the pk's are going to dwindle a bit for the caps. 4 pk's in 4 games is nuts. I think teams go through entire seasons with less then that.

Our right back should only improve with coaching.

I think Manneh starts as he brings us so much pace and keeps back lines honest. So when morales winds up they need to drop tons or they leave them selves exposed with the space in behind. If we don't have the pace they can press higher on us.
So this gives more space to our midfield when opposing team needs to drop their line as they don't have anyone to deal with his pace.

You saw last year with no Manneh that we had no true outlet or no option of a ball over the top. As Rosales and friends just didn't have the legs. So everything needed to be to feet.

Pace can kill a team and changes how they defend.
You put mezquida out there and our threat of a ball over the top on a counter is taken away. Just my thoughts on it.

I'm all about target men anyways. Put 3 of them up top. ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion- I'm glad we can have these conversations in such an intimate setting.

One question I have: what good is the nuclear threat if the threatened country knows the missile is unarmed? Not to be too harsh on Manneh, but that is what the situation has become with his lack of both technical and tactical development, never mind his perpetually poor fitness. Fast on it's own isn't good enough.

I will grant this, that Manneh did put in a better shift Saturday (for what I saw of 65, mostly 1st half, quiet in the 20 I saw of the second). In fact, it was when he switched ever so briefly to the right side and put in that cross to cause the PK.

I made the argument, um, elsewhere, that Manneh has effectively become a Net Loss contributor on the pitch most of the time. In fact, this past game he was finally a Net Positive contributor because of that PK, and sheer dumb luck that Houston couldn't break through and finish a couple. His side was still getting picked on, and he was still quite unable to do anything about it, even though he "tried" to track back.

No, we don't have another nuclear threat speed demon we can put in there. Well, maybe we do...we traded one to Portland, and the other has seen his hair go white, it's been so long since he's seen the pitch. Welcome to the MLS, I'm afraid. The cupboards are bare.

I advocate putting Mezquida or even Bustos out there because what I think you lose in the nuclear threat, you gain in tactical & technical ability. You will also gain a player who tracks-back (certainly in Mezquida, not sure in Bustos, but I'm sure he will considering he wants to win the spot) and free up the left back to overlap more often with more confidence he'll be covered. At the very least, you go from being a Net Loss contribution at that position to at least neutral, if not a Net Positive. More possession = more opportunities for us = less opportunities for them = getting the ball into our striker's feet more often. All that should mean a better formula for winning games.

The past two wins have come despite Manneh, not really because of him. As you say, 4 PKs this early, yep, those are going to dry-up (somebody get the note to Octavio, his diving act will be even less effective going forward). There are many players we can point to as having a positive influence, others with a negative. I just want to remove the players showing to have a negative influence, and give them time in USL, with a stated list of issues to remedy, and bring in the next guy on the list, to see if he can do better. Unfortunately, thus is the cruelty of professional football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0