Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Blockbuster vs Rogers Video B Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

What's your Provincial Cup Ice Cream

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow I couldn't hide my disappointment to read this, I personally would like to see him back for few different reasons:

a) It is better for the site and our league as his views create more excitement, traffic and hot heated discussions which I believe makes it really interesting to follow.
b) We should all be able to tolerate different points of views and opinions. I certainly promote freedom of speech otherwise we should just apply to move to Saudi Arabia lol
c) Just see how many ppl have posted and asked for his banters since his suspension. That should tell you there is a hate-love relation going on here which I think fits this site perfectly

I actually agree with this to a certain extent. But I'll take issue with B. This is not about censorship or freedoms of speech. If it were censorship, Regs would have deleted all his posts and posts related to those. If it were about restricting freedom of speech, well, quite simply a site called "Takethepiss" would never exist.

Think of this like a party. Lots of guys will go. Guys from all backgrounds invited into Reg's party. Everyone is having a few beers and a good laugh at each other's expense. But then you get one guys that kinda "just doesn't get it". Ever been to one of those parties? He's being a buzz kill; some pele found him amusing at first, but that ends when he starts threatening legal action against others just having a good time. So, now causing people to just leave in search of another party. So, Regs says, "Hey, you need to take off for a bit, and come back when you figure out the vibe of this party."

But he keeps trying to crash the party before Regs said he could come back, further giving evidence to the theory that this guy is really, really stupid for what appears to be a really intelligent guy.

If you were Regs, what would you do?

Personally, I hope he sorts himself out, can figure out the vibe, and come back and blend in. Minus all the effing videos.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mundi 2 - 0 Milan

Not much to mention about the first half. Our right defender was robbed by their keeper on a break, no real other scoring chances from either side. They tried to hit us on the counter but their forwards didn't have the pace to beat our defenders.

We made our first subs at half and the injection of fresh legs was trouble for them. One of our subs with his first touch of the game took a shot from outside the box and it took a deflection off of their defender thus wrong footing their keeper and in to the open net. 1-0 for us.

I crashed against the crossbar shortly after from 18yards but made amends a few minutes later when a flicked ball over the top came to me about 8 yards out. I chested it down and finished to the corner of the net. The keep did get a hand on it but just not enough.

They had a couple of chances off set plays but their headers were off target.

A fair result in my opinion. We'll have to bring up our level for our next oppenents!

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mundi 2 - 0 Milan

Not much to mention about the first half. Our right defender was robbed by their keeper on a break, no real other scoring chances from either side. They tried to hit us on the counter but their forwards didn't have the pace to beat our defenders.

We made our first subs at half and the injection of fresh legs was trouble for them. One of our subs with his first touch of the game took a shot from outside the box and it took a deflection off of their defender thus wrong footing their keeper and in to the open net. 1-0 for us.

I crashed against the crossbar shortly after from 18yards but made amends a few minutes later when a flicked ball over the top came to me about 8 yards out. I chested it down and finished to the corner of the net. The keep did get a hand on it but just not enough.

They had a couple of chances off set plays but their headers were off target.

A fair result in my opinion. We'll have to bring up our level for our next oppenents!

Good result you always had a nose for the goal
Are you clerking for the Lawyers

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The site shows the last remaining score as Westcoast United 2-3 Vancouver Strikers

Is it fair to say the era of RASA dominance in Provincial B cup is over?

Teams left:
VMSL - 4
BMSA - 2
FVSL - 1
RASA - 1

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strikers!

See you next week @Arch.

Maybe too early to count RASA out, they still have their league champs in play!

All Blacks however have had 2 disappointing cup runs after going back to back in the final before that.

Arch

Sep 15, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
@machel I wasn't at our match today but I am pretty happy the boys pulled it off with some adversity. I didn't think this would be the way I'd lace up with you again but so be it. Should be a fun one.

MasterTATA

Aug 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually agree with this to a certain extent. But I'll take issue with B. This is not about censorship or freedoms of speech. If it were censorship, Regs would have deleted all his posts and posts related to those. If it were about restricting freedom of speech, well, quite simply a site called "Takethepiss" would never exist.

Think of this like a party. Lots of guys will go. Guys from all backgrounds invited into Reg's party. Everyone is having a few beers and a good laugh at each other's expense. But then you get one guys that kinda "just doesn't get it". Ever been to one of those parties? He's being a buzz kill; some pele found him amusing at first, but that ends when he starts threatening legal action against others just having a good time. So, now causing people to just leave in search of another party. So, Regs says, "Hey, you need to take off for a bit, and come back when you figure out the vibe of this party."

But he keeps trying to crash the party before Regs said he could come back, further giving evidence to the theory that this guy is really, really stupid for what appears to be a really intelligent guy.

If you were Regs, what would you do?

Personally, I hope he sorts himself out, can figure out the vibe, and come back and blend in. Minus all the effing videos.

Fair enough and points taken obviously it is his party and as a host he can do whatever he think is the best for his party or his majority of guests, however, I ask you the same thing to put yourself in that guest’s shoes as well, the “buzz kill” one.
What could you do if some other guest in the party openly and publicly accused you of a very serious criminal activities and tried to start a very nasty rumour that you were using your soccer team to clean money for Spanish drug lords !!!!!???
I think the only civil way would be to defend your credibility and remind them you have the right to protect yourself. Yes he did take it a little too far and yes he did act very stupidly by not respecting his temporary time out but on the other hand all he initially asked the staff, before mentioning a legal action, was to delete the comment that was completely out of line by accusing him of committing illegal activity.
The member who made that comment later apologized to the staff member!!!!!! for his inappropriate joke. There are always red lines and certain things one can not joke about.
I am not defending anybody’s action here and only trying to act as a mirror to reflect what has happened from a third person point of view and without any bias towards neither parties the rest is up to you guys.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
all he initially asked the staff, before mentioning a legal action, was to delete the comment that was completely out of line by accusing him of committing illegal activity
That's not exactly how it happened and let's leave it at that as (1) it doesn't concern you; and (2) is off-topic for this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0