Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Blockbuster vs Rogers Video B Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

What's your Provincial Cup Ice Cream

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who scored Sparta's goal ZF? I caught the tail end of it on video but didn't see who took the shot.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
B Cup Weekend Recap:

Port Moody Titans (FVSL) 2-1 Gorge (VISL)
Vancouver Strikers (VMSL) 2-1 Poco Royals (FVSL)
Saanich Fusion (VISL) 2-1 We'R United (BMSA)
South Burnaby Fighting Irish (BMSA) 2-1 Langley Sparta (FVSL)
Richmond All Blacks (RASA) 6-2 Harps (VMSL)
GN Sporting (VMSL) 7-3 JdF All Flows (VISL)
Westcoast Milan (FVSL) 2-1 Jugadores (RASA)
NV Viking Storm (VMSL) 3-1 Raincity (RASA)

---

First Round Matchups for this upcoming weekend:

Richmond All Blacks (RASA) @ Campo Athletico (VMSL)
South Burnaby Fighting Irish (BMSA) @ AC Richmond (RASA)
Port Moody Titans (FVSL) @ Vic West (VISL)
GN Sporting (VMSL) @ Imperio Calcio (BMSA)
Westcoast Milan (FVSL) @ Mundiavocat (BMSA)
Vancouver Strikers (VMSL) @ Westcoast FC (FVSL)
NV Viking Storm (VMSL) @ Rino's Fury (VMSL)
Saanich Fusion (VISL) @ Snipers FC (VMSL)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond All Blacks (RASA) @ Campo Athletico (VMSL)
South Burnaby Fighting Irish (BMSA) @ AC Richmond (RASA)
Port Moody Titans (FVSL) @ Vic West (VISL)
GN Sporting (VMSL) @ Imperio Calcio (BMSA)
Vancouver Strikers (VMSL) @ Westcoast FC (FVSL)
NV Viking Storm (VMSL) @ Rino's Fury (VMSL)
Saanich Fusion (VISL) @ Snipers FC (VMSL)

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond All Blacks (RASA) @ Campo Athletico (VMSL)...lets get some banter going @Soccer Coach :)
South Burnaby Fighting Irish (BMSA) @ AC Richmond (RASA)...My upset pick of the week.
Port Moody Titans (FVSL) @ Vic West (VISL)...no idea about these clubs.
GN Sporting (VMSL) @ Imperio Calcio (BMSA)...Imperio on their day can produce quality football.
Westcoast Milan (FVSL) @ Mundiavocat (BMSA)...:rolleyes:
Vancouver Strikers (VMSL) @ Westcoast FC (FVSL)...Westcoast scores a shite-load of goals.
NV Viking Storm (VMSL) @ Rino's Fury (VMSL)..Could easily have been champion vs champion game.
Saanich Fusion (VISL) @ Snipers FC (VMSL)...Saanich made a decent run last year and maybe the Snipers inactivity lately will benefit the Fusion.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey @Soccer Coach do you consider yourself an underdog for this weekends match? and are you going to make any analogy about rich folks in Richmond and poor folks in east van??

I shall wait for your response while I eat my steak and lobster dinner with my silver silverware at my mansion......ah life is good!!!!!

Breakfast of Champions

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prelim Round 7/8
Overall 7/8

ROUND OF 16 PREDICTIONS:

AC Richmond v South Burnaby
The Fighting Irish ruined my perfect bracket in the first round so logically I should want them wiped off the face of the earth in punishment for their transgression. However, I am a complicated man and now that I have learned that the Burnaby lads have a championship pedigree (see, I told you they were baseless predictions) I'm all turned around on this. AC Richmond are a top seed having won the RASA but I say the Irishmen have a taste for it and know how to grind out knock-out competition wins.

Rino's v NorVan
We've got number one in 2B v number two in 2A. It's a tantalizing fixture and my runner up for match of the round. The Rino's lads won their division nearly two months ago and haven't played a meaningful game since. In fact they lost their last game to lowly Bombastic (albeit Bombastic was in a relegation fight at the time and Rino's no doubt rotated the squad heavily), but, more alarmingly, they got bounced from the cup much earlier than anyone could have anticipated. Can they switch it back on now that the games matter? I'm not convinced. That being said, perhaps they still have some players left from the CAT team that won the Provincial B cup a decade ago, so if that's the case they have guys who should know how to get it done. On the other hand NorVan didn't have anything to play for but didn't they go and get the job done against Campo two weeks ago, plus they took care of business in the first round. It really could go either way, but while I am sure Rino's have been doing everything they can to keep sharp I am going with the team in form at the moment.

VicWest v Port Moody
It's rolls reversed for the Tri Cities boys as, after having hosted Gorge they are off to the Island themselves this weekend. Despite the travel it appears that Gorge gave them a decent run out last week and the difficulty is set to be ratcheted up against VicWest, the VISL Div 3B winners. Add in all the headaches that accompany a travel day and I'll be looking for the island boys to get by comfortably.

Imperio Calcio v GN Sporting
Imperio Calcio's Ruldolph Cup win earned them not only a Provincial Cup spot but they ended up with a bye to boot. Fellow Richmond cup winners We'R United fell at the first hurdle last round and I can't say I have too much faith in their latin sounding counterparts. Especially when you consider the demolition that GN put up over Juan de Fuca last week and the appearance that the Surrey lads are still riding high from their improbable promotion courtesy of the aforementioned NorVan/Campo result. I've got the Surrey boys running rampant again in this one.

Snipers FC v Saanich Fusion
A very interesting match up in this one. Snipers had a nice little cup run but really overall their season was underwhelming. They can thank Guildford for their provincial spot as they were the 7th and final VMSL team to qualify and got that spot because the VMSL had the championship winning side last year. On the other side, Saanich were unlucky not to be seeded as Div 3A winners however their 2-1 win over We'R in round 1 was not as robust as some my have anticipated. They face a side with similar credentials this weekend (mid-table, strong cup performance), but must come to the mainland to do so. Snipers should not be taken lightly, they are capable of a result on any day, but I think they're camp is likely more in summer mode than cinderella cup run mode, I'll give the traveling contingent the nod here.

Campo Athletico v Richmond All Blacks
So match of the round. As much as it pains me to pick Richmond and feed @Soccer Coach and his underdog complex, the bloom seems to be off the Rose as the once invincible looking Campo will spend another entire season in Div 2. The sheer enormity of that and how close they were to promotion likely still hangs over their heads. What does winning the B Provincials prove? You cannot earn promotion for it. Will they be able to refocus and commit to the tactics and resolve they will require to win or do they still have half a mind on what could have been? On the other side this is what the All Blacks do, Prov Cup is their jam. They throttled Harps last week (though as I predicted the VMSL bunch failed to keep a full 11 on the field) and I tip them to defeat the all powerful Campo.

Westcoast Utd. v Vancouver Strikers
The Strikers got it done last week over PoCo and without reliving their season highlights (or lack there of) let's just say their Fraser Valley opponents this week will be a class above last week's encounter. Westcoast have built to this for 3 seasons and I don't see them falling at the first hurdle. Should be a fun match from the neutral perspective, but I am confident the favourites will take it.

Mundiavocat v Westcoast Milan
The doctors and lawyers are gearing up for a tournament in Spain and if their travelling roster is at all similar to their B Cup roster they should turn a few heads. Not sure they have the pedigree to go all the way, but I fancy the RASA champs to make the last eight at least.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond All Blacks (RASA) @ Campo Athletico (VMSL) - heard these guys already have BBY Lake booked for their QuarterFinals. There's no stopping them!

South Burnaby Fighting Irish
(BMSA) @ AC Richmond (RASA) - Experience over youth in this one. AC Richmond's time may come, but it's just not yet.

Port Moody Titans (FVSL) @ Vic West (VISL) - Would be more likley to pick PMO if it was Brittany Timko instead of Brandon on their roster.

GN Sporting
(VMSL) @ Imperio Calcio (BMSA) - Imperio have a few top players, but not a balanced team. GN will expose the weaknesses.

Westcoast Milan (FVSL) @ Mundiavocat (BMSA) - UBC Varsity alum to lead Mundi through.

Vancouver Strikers (VMSL) @ Westcoast FC (FVSL) - Best team in FVSL will have to work for it, but will get the job done

NV Viking Storm (VMSL) @ Rino's Fury (VMSL) - in the words of @machel :rolleyes:

Saanich Fusion
(VISL) @ Snipers FC (VMSL) - Snipers with too much time studying for exams and not enough practicing soccer

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond All Blacks (RASA) Vs Campo SHITHELTICO (VMSL)
South Burnaby Fighting Irish Vs. AC Richmond (RASA)
Port Moody Titans (FVSL) @. Vic West (VISL)
GN Sporting
(VMSL) @ Imperio Calcio (BMSA)
Vancouver Strikers (VMSL)
@ Westcoast FC (FVSL)
NV Viking Storm (VMSL) @ Rino's Fury (VMSL
Saanich Fusion (VISL) @ Snipers FC (VMSL

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-1 AC Richmond over South Burnaby Fighting Irish.

Richmond dominated the first half and looked like they'd be out of sight. Burnaby fought back well and dominated first 20 minutes of second, pulling it back to 2-1 and having some chances (including a good penalty shout), before they were caught on a break for a third and Richmond added a late fourth.

Richmond looked a pretty decent side. Lot of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0