Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Blockbuster vs Rogers Video B Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

What's your Provincial Cup Ice Cream

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We'R United FC??????? Wtf is that? BMSL team in the provincials. Almost as bad as a name as the unicorns. Lol this is magic.

Sprusgoose

Nov 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
We'R United FC??????? Wtf is that? BMSL team in the provincials. Almost as bad as a name as the unicorns. Lol this is magic.

That's the "All Name" matchup of the weekend! Saanich Fusion Harris Dodge really rolls off the tongue :rolleyes:;)

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok based on my limited knowledge of these teams (essentially nothing), some gut instincts and some baseless generalizations here are my predictions for the B-Cup.

PRELIMINARY ROUND - PREDICTIONS:

Port Moody Titans v Gorge United
Sets up as an interesting one on paper. Obviously the main factor is the travel. Port Moody isn't exactly ferry accessible so the Victoria area boys will likely need to be on at least a 10am boat to get to the field with time for a good warm up etc. ahead of their 3pm KO. Unless of course they are planning on making a weekend out of it and will be arriving the night before, seems unlikely though. PoMo was 4th in Div 2, while Gorge was 2nd in their group, however VISL Div 3 has an A and a B side, so tough to gauge their true finish. Both teams from clubs with decent pedigree at all levels, so assuming Gorge can get a turn out it shapes up as a really good fixture. I'll have to go with home field advantage an tip the Tri Cities boys to move on.

Vancouver Strikers v PoCo Royals
PoCo finished a couple of points and one place better off than their Tri Cities bretheren who are playing Match #1. They also had a decent little cup run bowing out to Division Champions and eventual Pres Cup Champs Westcoast Utd. after a quarter final shootout loss. Strikers, for their part, are coming off what has to be considered a dissapointing campaign having been title favourites heading into the season. Their second place finish cost them promotion, but a decent cup run saw them make it all the final so they are well seasoned when it comes to knock out competitions. It's a season of "what ifs" for Strikers, who after a win over eventual champion Rinos in the last fixture before the winter break, looked set to make things very interesting at the top, before a slip up eventually reseigned them to another year in Div 2. I am looking for a strong Provs run from the Vancouver lads as they try and bounce back after a less than stellar season and get ready for another promotion push beginning in the fall.

Saanich Fusion v We'R United
This looks to be a classic mismatch. Saanich Fusion won their section of Div 3 on the Island and have been mentioned as possible title contenders, missing out on a first round bye to the other Div 3 winner, Vic West. Meanwhile We'R United finished 5th in the Burnanby League which has not historically had a ton of pedigree in Provincial competition and look to have only qualified due to Bacardi FC not accepting a spot?? Add in the travel and this one looks to be no contest.

South Burnaby v Langley Sparta
Two runners up drawn together in this match up. I can't really BS my way through on this one as I really have nothing on either of these teams. I'll take the Valley over Burnaby Metro on a toss up.

Harps FC v Richmond All Blacks
Match of the round in my opinion. Harps are a plucky bunch (as has been well documented) who were just recently relegated. They had a decent cup run losing to Champions Campo in the semis. The All Blacks are a perennial power house in the B Cup despite not running away with the Richmond league this season. Two teams who play hard and aren't afraid to get in the muck, I'll venture this one won't finish with 11 aside. Let's hope that it doesn't detract from the football however as I am hoping for a cracker. I'll take the Richmond boys pedigree to win the day in a close one.

GN Sporting v Juan de Fuca
Saanich/We'R role reversal. Juan de Fuca qualified via their cup run after a dissapointing season. GN's late season run, coupled with NorVan upsetting Campo in the final match of the season, will see the Surrey boys off to Div 1 next season. The Island lad's have shown they can get it done in knock out play and should not be underestimated, but when you factor in the travel I see GN having more than enough to see off this early round challenge.

Westcoast Milan v Jugadores
It's a trek across the Lower Mainland for Jugadores to Maple Ridge for this match. In a relief for the Richmond guys they've drawn Milan and not United from Westcoast which amounts to 5th place instead of 1st. Games like this usually come down to turn out and availability and with Westcoast setting the time and place I will give them the edge.

NorVan Storm v Rain City
RainCity are a growing club with ambition. NorVan though have clearly stayed in form as their recent defeat of Campo would suggest. They look sharp and, being the home team, I'll give them the edge here.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PRELIMINARY ROUND - PREDICTIONS: [B said:
Port Moody Titans[/B] v Gorge United

Vancouver Strikers v PoCo Royals

Saanich Fusion v We'R United

South Burnaby v Langley Sparta...The Provincial champs from two years back were on fire in the 2nd half of the season!

Harps FC v Richmond All Blacks...looking for an upset here!

GN Sporting v Juan de Fuca

Westcoast Milan v Jugadores...I have no idea why. lol

NorVan Storm v Rain City

Sprusgoose

Nov 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those pesky royals are tough to beat :O

We wanted a rematch desperately bud. Worked fcuking hard tonight but didn't play our best game by far.

Strikers have a tight system and played it to perfection for the full 90. Got the lead about 20-25 in and kept their chances to the outside for the most part. Had the lead til the 70th/75th minute and gave up an OG :vomit: ....pretty big momentum swing. They kept the pressure on after that and struck a clinical header off a corner for the lead with maybe 6-7 min left. We turned the pressure up and took it to them for the last few. Earned a corner and 19 (the favorite of the Knights lads :finger:) was on the receiving end and the keep made an outstanding save for the W (looked like this: :knvb:). Great game Strikers. Beauty season Royals. Good luck in the next round everybody.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Harps lost by a wide margin (Perhaps 6 - 2?). Three red cards for Harps.
They never stopped running. Even with 7 players they were pressing and moving forward. They score a goal with three players down. I guess this speak well of their tenacity. A very nice free kick followed by a good finishing on the rebound. Kudos for them on this aspect.
However, Harps when you are going to learn?
Soccer is not an excuse to kick people and lose your tempers. Once again, they lost the game themselves with the red cards.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
A very difficult match awaits Campo Atletico. I went to watch Richmond All Blacks. They are good team. We are still plagued with injuries and people away. Another good test for us. Will Campo be able to rebound from an undeserved and painful loss?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
No other option, but we will have to park the bus. As much as I dislike to play negative football, we have no other option.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A very difficult match awaits Campo Atletico. I went to watch Richmond All Blacks. They are good team. We are still plagued with injuries and people away. Another good test for us. Will Campo be able to rebound from an undeserved and painful loss?

Boy this is uncannily similar to Barcelona vs A Madrid.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sparta 1 - 2 Fighting Irish. Tale of two halves. They had most of possession in first half, and scored right at halftime. We dominated second half but couldn't finish. They scored on a corner to go up 2. We came back with one, but the story of the game was their keeper standing on his head, making 5 or 6 unreal saves in the 2nd half. We threw everything at them but couldnt find the back of the net. Their goalie was easily the man of the match. Good group of guys, and good luck the rest of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0