Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Blockbuster vs Rogers Video B Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

What's your Provincial Cup Ice Cream

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the last two games, both Richmond teams have come with approximately 20 players. They were doing hockey style substitutions. I saw some guys coming out of the field 3 times in one half!. They would play for 10 minutes, rest 5 minutes, and then go back to the field.

Even though they're not breaking the rules, that's just gross and embarrassing in my opinion.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would rather have a team with 20 guys make constant subs than have a team show up with 8 regulars and 7 call ups and sit their regulars. Mostly im just jealous because the only subs our teams see is from subway. Carry on.

Reactions: GoF

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haha!
Cheapest transfer fee ever...12" sub.

I've got a nice #10 jersey already. Thanks though. See ya at the next Canada game tho!
Heard there's a big section off ttp'ers!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clipping along at a nice 50% here with the B Cup, so clearly my predictions for the semis will most certainly spell doom for one of the two winners I choose...

Quarters 2/4
Overall 10/20

SEMI-FINAL PREDICTIONS

Campo v Impero
In the category of Foreign Language Team Names we have got quite the match up. Impero stubornley refuses to lose despite my picking them to do so in every round they have been involved with. At this point we all know the deal with Campo: "Don't hate the players, hate the mind games." This week's flavour- substitutions are ruining the game and other teams are suffering due to their short sighted approach of rotating players. This prevents them from playing the game tactically and with endurance and blah blah blah. Oh, but we are short bodies this week, probably no subs again so we are the underdogs. Sure... Regardless of whatever propaganda is floating about, Athletico has proven itself a force at the Div 2 level, despite falling short of promotion. The loses they have suffered this season were all tight games, so it begs the question does Impero have what it takes to go toe to toe with Campo tactically for 90+ minutes? Unfortunately, I doubt it. I hope I am wrong, but the safe money is on Campo. "And the award goes to..."

Mundiadvocat v Rino's
Match of the Round here in this one as the lawyers look to keep their title charge going. I predicted a close one with Strikers last week and Mundi came out on the right end of the coin flip we call penalties. Safe to say if they dig themselves the same whole this weekend Rino's won't let them back into it. The VMSL boys have the title in their sights, but, MUCH more importantly a potential date with Campo to settle once and for all whether 2A or 2B is the top dog. Not sure which version of Mundi I believe in, the team that showed a decent number of cracks sputtering for two thirds of the game vs Strikers or the one that showed resolve and a never say die attitude to fight back and get the win. Rino's hasn't faltered at all in their Cup campaign and despite a tough test looming I have to think their consistency wins the day.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clipping along at a nice 50% here with the B Cup, so clearly my predictions for the semis will most certainly spell doom for one of the two winners I choose...

Quarters 2/4
Overall 10/20

SEMI-FINAL PREDICTIONS

Campo v Impero
In the category of Foreign Language Team Names we have got quite the match up. Impero stubornley refuses to lose despite my picking them to do so in every round they have been involved with. At this point we all know the deal with Campo: "Don't hate the players, hate the mind games." This week's flavour- substitutions are ruining the game and other teams are suffering due to their short sighted approach of rotating players. This prevents them from playing the game tactically and with endurance and blah blah blah. Oh, but we are short bodies this week, probably no subs again so we are the underdogs. Sure... Regardless of whatever propaganda is floating about, Athletico has proven itself a force at the Div 2 level, despite falling short of promotion. The loses they have suffered this season were all tight games, so it begs the question does Impero have what it takes to go toe to toe with Campo tactically for 90+ minutes? Unfortunately, I doubt it. I hope I am wrong, but the safe money is on Campo. "And the award goes to..."

Mundiadvocat v Rino's
Match of the Round here in this one as the lawyers look to keep their title charge going. I predicted a close one with Strikers last week and Mundi came out on the right end of the coin flip we call penalties. Safe to say if they dig themselves the same whole this weekend Rino's won't let them back into it. The VMSL boys have the title in their sights, but, MUCH more importantly a potential date with Campo to settle once and for all whether 2A or 2B is the top dog. Not sure which version of Mundi I believe in, the team that showed a decent number of cracks sputtering for two thirds of the game vs Strikers or the one that showed resolve and a never say die attitude to fight back and get the win. Rino's hasn't faltered at all in their Cup campaign and despite a tough test looming I have to think their consistency wins the day.

oh well... I really wish that you would not have picked Campo ATLetico (no H, please) to win this game. In this case, we would have a better chance given your 50% success rate. I agree that on paper Rinos is the favourite. I hope that @machel 's team does not try to be heroes; if they defend well and wait to counterattack.

I rather have to play Mundiovocat. If we have to play Rinos, then we would have no option that to play everything for a win. If we would lose to Rinos directly, then we would have to hear about it for years to end. My sense is that they are at this moment the stronger team out of the four remaining teams.

It is without question one of the most difficult matches for us. I just heard of one more injury, so it is possible that we might have to play only with 10 players. The three competitions have taken a heavy toll in our players; the VMSL Cup, the league competition, and the Provincial Cup have proven to be way more difficult than anticipated. Every single game has been almost a matter of do or die until the last minute. The only easy game was the Serbia 8-1 that was prematurely abandoned. However, all the rest of the games have left us exhausted or with an injury. It has been fun and interesting, but there is no doubt that we have been suffering. Hopefully, next year we can get more players from the beginning of the season.

We have no other option than defend for our lives. Wait for extra time and then try to win on penalties. In fact, the last session was all penalties and defensive shape without the ball. It will be Catenaccio as it best, so do not expect an attacking game. Impero Calcio will have the ball and we will bunker until the last minute of extra time.

It will be almost impossible to win against Impero Calcio. They play well. They have good technique and good imagination. They have a large roster with young people.

I am just praying that we could have some sort of the Italia-Argentina 1990 encounter, where a goal might bring us to penalties. If we reach to penalties, I am confident that we can win because our guys are very good at them.

I can go exit in peace from this cup, because it would be losing to an Italian team.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo ran out deserved winners. Were two up by half time, hit woodwork twice and had a load of other chances in a first half they dominated. Impero then took the game to them in the second, while Campo were happy to hit on the break. Impero then pulled one back to set up an exciting ending. With the game in stoppage time, an Impero defender was dispossessed while looking for the pass and Campo slotted home their third.

Seemed to be a lot of yellow cards in the match and Campo lost a guy in the first half to what looked like a broken nose.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo ran out deserved winners. Were two up by half time, hit woodwork twice and had a load of other chances in a first half they dominated. Impero then took the game to them in the second, while Campo were happy to hit on the break. Impero then pulled one back to set up an exciting ending...

Sure sure, but the real question is how many substitutions did they make?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0