Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 BC Mens Provincial Masters Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hearing metro ford took it in pks today... down 2 nil after only 11 minutes, the leveled it up to take the game to extra time

Salty Dog

Apr 6, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro ford/poco won 8-7 in pk's
Correct me if I am wrong. When the PK shooter sets the ball on the spot and ref blows whistle ball is live. If shooter bends down and re adjusts ball with hands it's a handball. This is what Metro Fords last shooter did.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia knock off CFC 2-0. Basically it was a 0-0 game that had two goal scored. Bloody Maca got them both too. Bastage! Croatia have some terrific players... To many to list. Good luck to them.

Van tech is a diabolical place to play btw... #pavement

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't believe there is such thing as a hand ball in pks (especially in amateur) however if I were poco I'd put an astrix on that MF win. Cheating bastards.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lost the kamloops tourney one time when the ref blew the whistle and Happy Gilmore stepped up and put his hand on the ball and slotted it. About ten years ago an I'm still gutted. But I think it can be done. Should be against a keepers code or something!!!

Sep 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct me if I am wrong. When the PK shooter sets the ball on the spot and ref blows whistle ball is live. If shooter bends down and re adjusts ball with hands it's a handball. This is what Metro Fords last shooter did.
Procedure

• After the players have taken positions in accordance with this Law, the referee signals for the penalty kick to be taken

• The player taking the penalty kick must kick the ball forward

• He must not play the ball again until it has touched another player

• The ball is in play when it is kicked and moves forward

Salty Dog

Apr 6, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Procedure

• After the players have taken positions in accordance with this Law, the referee signals for the penalty kick to be taken

• The player taking the penalty kick must kick the ball forward

• He must not play the ball again until it has touched another player

• The ball is in play when it is kicked and moves forward
Read rule 9 as well rule 14 clearly states PK taker (MUST) kick the ball forward. So handball red card. Rule does not say player ( May) pick up ball with his hands.

Sep 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Read rule 9 as well rule 14 clearly states PK taker (MUST) kick the ball forward. So handball red card. Rule does not say player ( May) pick up ball with his hands.
I am confused as to why you think there should be a red card! Law 14 clearly states that the ball is in play after the ball is kicked and moves. From what I understand, it hadn't been kicked yet. So the ball is clearly not in play!
Besides, if a player did kick the ball, only slightly and then proceeded to foolishly pick it up or handle it with his hands, it would never be a red card!

124 LAW 14 – THE PENALTY KICK Procedure

Feinting in the run-up to take a penalty kick to confuse opponents is permitted as part of football. However, feinting to kick the ball once the player has completed his run-up is considered an infringement of Law 14 and an act of unsporting behaviour for which the player must be cautioned.

I wasn't there to see what happend, but it doesn't sound like a run up to kick the ball happened, rather standing over the ball and resetting it after the whistle. Could be wrong though

page126image8824
page126image8984

Larry Dallas

May 8, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Salty, the wind blew the ball off the spot. Player taking kick obviously had to reset it on spot. Ref said it was ok to do it. If the ball hadn't been moved back to spot it would have kept rolling. Funny because when it happened there was no mention of it. It was clearly obvious the ball needed to be reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0