Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 BC Mens Provincial Masters Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow! Massive upset ;)

Coastal with there game on a roll. Good for you guys!

Tough loss for Moody

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Almost a perfect round, if it wasn't those medling Coastal kids... Another chance to hit .500 if I can snipe both semi final winners!

Quarters 3/4
Overall 5/12

SEMI-FINAL PREDICTIONS

UVic v Metro Ford
Match of the Round as UVic is on the war path towards hoisting the Provincial Cup at home. Standing in their way this week is a Coquitlam team in fine form having deposed the VMSL champions and then taken care of a plucky Saanich team that had proven its ability to win on the Mainland. Metro Ford are seeking a unique Open/Masters Prov Cup double (as far a I can tell it has never been done) and surely a win on the Island this weekend would make them the favourites to do it again in the final next week. UVic were irresistable in their demolition of West Van last weekend and surely the are sharpening their knives for another VMSL victim. The former students have their tales up and having been the first name out of the hat, their home field advantage is bearing fruit now. I see them advancing to a local final.

Croatia v Coastal
Not sure anybody predicted this particular semi-final, but surely both teams are full value for their spots. To be honest this one is too close to call. Coastal knocked off FVSL top dogs Port Moody last weekend, after having traveled to the Gulf Islands in their opening fixture. Croatia defeated reigning Champions Westside and the cast aside Delta last weekend. I hate to put it down to this (and @knvb is going to hate me...) but I have to take the VMSL team here. Delta finished above Coastal and were no match for Croatia last weekend. I don't doubt the Coastal lad's abilities, nor their desire to capture the Provincial Title that eluded them during their Open hay-day, but I can't separate the teams other than that. Having seen them play a couple of times this year, I will be cheering for Coastal (honestly @knvb I will) and I think they CAN win this game, I just don't think they WILL win this game ;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the Delta Croatia game... Delta were absolutely lethargic. Maybe the heat got to them? Black was probably a poor choice of kit in hindsight. Perhaps the fact they didn't start the BBQ until after the game instead of their traditional half time approach, dunno? Not taking away from how Croatia was playing, because it was well, but that was the poorest I've seen Delta play in, err, ever.

I hope our lads can handle the raucous crowd that is surely to pack the football friendly confines of Van Tech High school... at 4pm... on Saturday. Maybe they have a portlet open... One can dream. :rolleyes:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I didn't like it in 2008 when they beat us in the final either. ;)

Man of the match that Bryan. :finger:

He's just pissed off at me because when I saw his Dad at Tom Brown's 80th birthday party a couple of weeks ago I didn't have my specs on and thought it was him from a distance. :D

Hi Gary! :wa:

gnutheblue

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy is a bloody handsome man Frase! Get over to the island this weekend and bring Johnny Broon. Big Bad Johns await us. CMF enjoy the drive and the ferry, it's supposed to be a lovely day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0