Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw/Results/Scuttlebutt

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree with the comment "one that should be happy..." Excluding a PK, Westcoast only conceded one goal in 180 minutes of regulation play, I think westcoast deserved to and earned their way into this competition. Hey UBC scored 3 against Columbus and could not do that against WC.

Were you at this game? It was men vs boys except that the men were UBC and the boys were Westcoast.

I know Westcoast earned their way in but they were outclassed...and they should be happy to have the experience of playing in an A Provincials. Your hangup with the scores is funny.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree with the comment "one that should be happy..." Excluding a PK, Westcoast only conceded one goal in 180 minutes of regulation play, I think westcoast deserved to and earned their way into this competition. Hey UBC scored 3 against Columbus and could not do that against WC.

Were you at this game? It was men vs boys except that the men were UBC and the boys were Westcoast.

I know Westcoast earned their way in but they were outclassed...and they should be happy to have the experience of playing in an A Provincials. Your hangup with the scores is funny.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
just watch seconds 9-18 of this video. enough said :bronco:

[video=youtube_share;KhV4xNmPik4]http://youtu.be/KhV4xNmPik4?t=8s[/video]

div1

Mar 2, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yikes, weird day on the pitch - wish I could have been on the Mailnland today to catch a couple games.

Bays were beat by West Van 5-2. 1-1 at 60', then there was a PK, red card, Bays pushing to get a goal and they obviously got burned x 2.
Cowichan over Langley 2-1. Cowichan was down 1-0, then equalized on some sort of dodgee passback, then went ahead near 90'. Sounded like a weird game - no other details yet.

And yes Regs, both field for the BC Cup Finals are turf.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United beat Chile 2-1 in the other semifinal.
Surrey scored first from a header off a cross, (by Reynolds) I believe. Admir tied it for Chile with a great shot from 30 yards. J Martin put Surrey ahead 2-1 with a fine individual effort, although some lousy defending by Chile's back line contributed.
The bald Macedonian was MOTM, with two red cards and several yellows, but he called all the phsyical fouls, as it should be. The reds were to Streckman and Tchoumi.
The stupidity of some players never ceases to amaze me. Today was an important semi-final game and some players commited late tackles and chirped at the ref which jeopardized their team and teammates by getting yellow cards.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happens if UBC wins the provincials? Im assuming they wouldn't go to nationals as they would be in the start of their CIS season. Would the runner up represent BC?

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United beat Chile 2-1 in the other semifinal.
Surrey scored first from a header off a cross, (by Reynolds) I believe. Admir tied it for Chile with a great shot from 30 yards. J Martin put Surrey ahead 2-1 with a fine individual effort, although some lousy defending by Chile's back line contributed.
The bald Macedonian was MOTM, with two red cards and several yellows, but he called all the phsyical fouls, as it should be. The reds were to Streckman and Tchoumi.
The stupidity of some players never ceases to amaze me. Today was an important semi-final game and some players commited late tackles and chirped at the ref which jeopardized their team and teammates by getting yellow cards.

I thought the bald Macedonian was fantastic in the middle. Called all the North American bullshit physical fouls that are always let go. Streckmam deserved the second yellow as he took a look at the player and then gave him late studs. Tchoumis second yellow was also deserved a ridiculous uneeded tackle. A lot of fans don't have a clue complained the ref ruined the game, the benches seemed unhappy with him(heat of a game a little more understandable). I was impressed, I see how so many cards are handed out when he refs. What I see even more is that Canadians just don't get how the game is actually supposed to be played.

BRFC

Jan 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought the bald Macedonian was fantastic in the middle. Called all the North American bullshit physical fouls that are always let go. Streckmam deserved the second yellow as he took a look at the player and then gave him late studs. Tchoumis second yellow was also deserved a ridiculous uneeded tackle. A lot of fans don't have a clue complained the ref ruined the game, the benches seemed unhappy with him(heat of a game a little more understandable). I was impressed, I see how so many cards are handed out when he refs. What I see even more is that Canadians just don't get how the game is actually supposed to be played.

Bulljive,

What planet are you on son? Seriously you must have been watching a different game. The macedonian ruined a game which starts so well and showed two different styles of play, and which could have been a cracker of a game. Streckmanns first yellow was a joke, a 50/50 tackle which wouldn't warrant a yellow even in the premier league. Yes the second one was late, but he could have used some common sense and gave him a final warning instead of being so card happy. Are you a fellow referee? Macedonian seemed to want to make the game about him, dishing out cards like candy, saying otherwise is just foolish. And to say fans dont understand the game makes you sound like amateur, many fans on the touchline have either played or coached. Anyways, a good grinded out result for the SU boys, and we look forward to a semi agains the tough UBC and hopefully a (easier) final on the island.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRFC,

Actually I play premier and have done plenty of coaching, I also was watching from an unbiast standpoint. In terms of Streckman I said the same thing watching it, the first one was soft(not so sure his mouth didnt get him the card) and the ref could have used discretion on the second one because of it, I would have. However what the fukc are you doing putting your leg in that position when on a yellow with no chance at the ball. The moment he did it, first words out of my mouth were "thats a yellow." Do you watch professional soccer in actual leagues full of players not playing in a country ranked 206? The sooner people here realize you can't just clatter people and then complain that the ref is calling everything the better. It is getting us nowhere, we have this hardnose mentality and then wonder why we lack quality. I thought the ref was extremely consistent with what he was calling, the fact that people can't adjust is what surprises me. I still enjoyed the game and hope Surrey go on to win it.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV 5-2 Bays. Not a 5-2 game and i don't think anyone who played or watched today would say it was. We scored in the first and fought hard for the rest of the half. Instead of stepping on the gas we sat a little more in the second and they tied it up on a pk (kinda soft, but was a pk). We got a pk late with about 10 left and they got a red on the play. We scored that and scored pretty soon after that. Everyone thought the game was over but about 35 seconds later they got their second. Couldn't believe it. So it was 4-2. About 35 seconds later we thought they scored again but it was called back on an offside. A reliable source on the line said it wasn't offside. We scored 1 more and sealed it. Bays were good and big but relyed on their counter too much, which is what our scouting report said they would do. Whatever, a win is a win. On to Cowichan next week. Should be another battle.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to say I agree. The constant (weekly!) complaints by a player or team who committed a foul of "that's a soft call ref!".....absolutely does my head in. A foul is a foul. But it'll be a long long time before that mentality is out of men's league....because it's still rampant in youth soccer in these parts.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
But to be fair, that shout out by players is usually due to the inconsitantcy of the refs week in and week out...

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is ironic how refs want to be the center of attention at the begining of the year, and again at the end.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ruben is a great official and doesn't take any bullshit during a match. Everyone knows this and still try to play North American style of soccer. People whine way too much when a player receives a second yellow that the ref should give a warning before and then the second yellow.... People that understand the game know the first yellow(caution!) is the warning, and yet still go in for silly challenges and cry when being sent off. Too many times we've come across this. Either we get more refs like Ruben and play the beautiful game properly or we keep playing hockey on our local pitches and wonder why we can't qualify for a World Cup or even beat hopeless third world countries that probably can't even spell football... The sad thing is Ruben is doing vmsl prem games week in n week out you would think after 6 months some teams would realize how he calls a game n adapt to it.....

ilovesoccer

Sep 30, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive,

What planet are you on son? Seriously you must have been watching a different game. The macedonian ruined a game which starts so well and showed two different styles of play, and which could have been a cracker of a game. Streckmanns first yellow was a joke, a 50/50 tackle which wouldn't warrant a yellow even in the premier league. Yes the second one was late, but he could have used some common sense and gave him a final warning instead of being so card happy. Are you a fellow referee? Macedonian seemed to want to make the game about him, dishing out cards like candy, saying otherwise is just foolish. And to say fans dont understand the game makes you sound like amateur, many fans on the touchline have either played or coached. Anyways, a good grinded out result for the SU boys, and we look forward to a semi agains the tough UBC and hopefully a (easier) final on the island.

Shut up you muppet, did you even play or watch from the bench like always. Coming here calling someone son when you are 22 year old punk. I agree with Bulljive (did I just say that?) everyone wants to blame the Macedonian but look at the position that the players put him in. IF you foul someone and it gets called just take it like a man walk away instead of trying to convince him that its not a foul. He does sometimes go above and beyond by handing out yellows but just go with it. Let the captain or the coach do the talking. He is one of the better refs in the league since he came down to earth (im sure after he got a talking to). Good luck to those still involved.

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cowichan FC

Hard from a Langley perspective to say much today after snatching defeat from the jaws of victory as they say, but a couple thoughts about the squad we played yesterday.

Cowichan may not be the most talented team to ever make the semi's, but they are very deserving of being here. They exhibited yesterday what men's was 10+ years ago when I really got involved. Could tell looking from the outside that they were 18 buddies there ready to really battle for each other. In this day and age of colorful boots and hair gel first, they were a refreshing reminder that the good old days are still possible. It was a a hard lesson for our group to learn, but watching them not only carry themselves very graciously in victory, but also how to truly celebrate a big win will make us a better team in the seasons to come. Good luck, and whether you win or lose, made me a little less cynical of where the adult game is going.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0