Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2013 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw/Results/Scuttlebutt

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
#ProvincialCup - Saanich Fusion all over the net - Surrey keep with a couple big saves to keep the score at 1-o with a couple minutes left.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
#ProvincialCup - Final from Tyndall has Surrey over Saanich Fusion 1-0. Surrey keeper makes another 3 great saves to earn the W - MVP 4 sure

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like KNVB I finished watching both games, surrey keep gets the nod for the nice saves at the end......saanich didn't really do much the rest of the game, surrey sloppy in the 1st but played much better for first 20 of the 2nd. In the other game, the Metro ford keeper gets the nod, altho MF did have more possession, bays very dangerous on the counter, at least 5 great chances in the 1st half, a number in the 2nd as well. one of the bays midfielders didn't stop running the whole game, he got my nod, think it was 15. Congrats to all the winners, good luck next round....[oh yeah the ref's were good]

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
from what i heard, saanich (sp) is the former Gordon Head. We played them a fews years ago on a mucker grass field and they had a good game against us. They beat us in the Pacific cup. Patty, an ex wv guy was motm in that game. Their keeper had a big game as well and beat us in pk's. They were probably quality today, but SU is a quality team that can get it done. Next week MOTW will be SU vs Chile. Not a fan of Chile one bit, so i will be rooting for SU and I predict they win. Next weeks games will all be tough. Good luck to every team involved.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
rumour has it BC Soccer has called for a UBC vs Westcoast full replay sometime this week at UBC.

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
You really trying to say that UBC weren't the far better team on the night? They were all over you for the first 15 minutes, then you came in to it a bit. Second half was more even, and your guys did have some chances, which I reported, but they were dominating you in extra time before the lights went out.

Speaking to Mike Mosher after the game, he also felt they were dominating (but obviously a coach is going to say that about his team) and that's why he wanted the game to continue even though they knew the lights were going to go out before the end.

BC Soccer have said that game needs to be replayed in full before midnight on Wednesday and that UBC will now be the home team.

Caps reserves are playing at Thunderbird Stadium on Tuesday night, so take it that means a Wednesday night game.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
First 15 minutes and extra time accounts for 32 minutes out of a game that lasted 107. Hardly start to finish domination.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

GoF

Apr 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very true. But I also never said they did, although I can see how me wording it as dominating from first kick off could be taken that way.

I would have added a few more of your chances into the report, but I emailed Greg Andrews for your roster and he never got back to me, whereas I got the whole UBC one from Mike Mosher. Didn't really want a report full of number such and such cross to number whatever.

I'd still like it if someone can drop me a mail at aftncanada@hotmail.com

We're just trying to add some coverage in for the Cups that the Van media don't do, so every little bit of info helps!

Cheers

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good work Michael on reporting this stuff rather than JUST the local community papers etc covering this. With the Caps moving to MLS and the growth we're witnessing in the blogosphere and coverage of all things footy, it's good to see you guys keeping tabs on all facets of the game and you're to be commended for covering it imho, rather than being tarred and feathered for your comments and/or coverage of the games.

My humble $0.02.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 person commenting on the article is being tarred and feathered?

Your post sucks!

~hashtagthis.

div1

Mar 2, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB was just passing on my tweets - yes, man of the match was what I was referring to about the Surrey keeper.
As I tweeted, he probably made about 5 "wow" saves in the last 5 minutes.
I thought it was a good game. Surrey moved the ball around nice, but the Saanich keeper wasn't trested too much at all. I also thought Surrey had more possesion for what its worth, but at the end of the day - it doesn't rellymatter - Surrey scored one, Saanich did not. Was exciting to watch from the side though.

Bays vs Metro Ford - it finished 2-0, but should have been 4 or 5. Keeper made some good saves, but more chances were squandered by Bays. MF did have nice possesion at times - but lacked any sort of finish (obviously as they did not score) or sort of a link up with their forwards. Having said that, it was nice to watch them play - don't know them as I do the VISL guys, but a couple guys in the middle of the park were great to watch.

Cowichan vs Port Moody - weird game. Cowichan could have scred 4 in the first half, but scored 0. It was 1 way traffic for the most part. Port Moody had a better second half and almost scored on a couple occasions, and Cowichan (with less chances) missed their opportunities as well. ETime - well, there was some colorful language which resulted in 2 reds for Port Moody. Cowichan scored when up a man on a corner that turned into a bit of a scramble. Port Moody still had a chance or 2, but no dice.

An interesting weekend of A Cup soccer - might do a roady next week to catch a game or two.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0