Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 High School Senior Girls Soccer

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shamrock - You must have pissed someone off as you didn't make the latest Province Rankings. :p I think they might use a lotto machine to come up with those rankings though.

We played Tweedsmuir in a pre season tournament. They were a very solid squad but I thought they only had one attacker to really pull the d apart. If you have a solid back line, they are beatable. Mind you that was two months ago, so I really have no idea.

Over in the North Shore & Burnaby zone, Argyle is into the provincials. They are essentially the same team as last year that lost in the provincial finals. Burnaby South is an ok team and will play Sentinel for our 2nd provincial spot tomorrow. The rest of the zone was exceptionally weak all season. I have been really shocked by the calibre of play. Hopefully it is just an off year and everything will be back to normal next year. I went into the season expecting to get shelled but we were competitive. That speaks more to the lack of talent on most teams than my exceptional coaching ability. At times we were starting 3 girls with no soccer playing experience but held our own. A strange year over here.

Thanks, Parkhead Bhoy. I thought Burnaby North was going to be strong this year because they had a core group of players who play for the Cliff Ave U17 team which is a strong team. I found out today that the two NTC players from Panorama Ridge are playing tomorrow which will make it that more difficult. Either way, I hope we play as tough as we did on Monday and we will definitely be in the game............I hope. :)

Go Devils!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the rankings, they are USUALLY in Thursday's paper. We don't concern ourselves too much about the rankings but it is very difficult to get an accurate reading on things because a lot of zones don't update things on time and also it is very difficult to know when teams are going to have their best players available due to NTC/Whitecaps/Provincial programs. Fortunately for us, we NEVER have to worry about that as we don't have any of those elite players. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 2 Panorama Ridge 0

They were missing one of their NTC players but the other one played. The first half was complete domination by us and we scored 8 minutes into the game on a goalie miscue. We had 4 GREAT chances to finish them off in the first half but didn't. The second half they were able to gain a slight advantage but only had 1 shot to show for it which our keeper made a great tip over the bar. They had two dangerous positions for free-kicks but fired over the goal and wide. With 4 minutes to go, we got a free-kick and our girl hit a stunner into the top corner. Fraser Valley Champions for 2011. The girls were fantastic again and this group works as hard as any group I've had in 14 years. Going into the Provincials.....

21 wins 1 loss 1 tie

62 GF 11 GA (16 shutouts)

We have a grade 9 goalie, 2 grade 9 starters on our backline, with a 10 and an 11. These girls have been fantastic. I'm very proud of our team and our school and of what these girls have accomplished. Well done, Devils!

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So when are the provincials? And, where is Centennial in all this? My niece in 10th grade is once again with them.

Cheers.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch, Centennial made Provincials and will once again be one of the main contenders. They lost to Panorama Ridge in the semi-final of the Valleys but apparently didn't deserve to lose. One way traffic and Panorama scored a penalty to win 1 - 0. The PR coach said they had no business winning that game....but that's the beauty of the sport. :) They lost to Charles Best yesterday in the 3rd/4th game 2 - 1. Both those teams with everybody healthy are as good as anyone in the Province.

I"m just glad neither of them will be in our pool in Provincials. :)

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the update Cappy. Is there is site that has the pools and where I can follow the tourney?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fields are mint right now. Hopefully the weather will clear up by then. It rained more today than it has in any single day since we moved here.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like a good idea. PM me your game times and I'll swing by the park and we'll sort something out.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
9:00 and 1:00 on the Thursday...........11:00 and 3:00 on Friday........Saturday is up for grabs........we get into town Wednesday afternoon.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CaptSHAM,
all the best to you, sweeney and the SDSS Girls team this week and weekend. Bring home the Gold.

BTW,
nice photo in "the provice" rag by the way. what's next? a couple of green men costumes? or would that be inappropriate because you and sweeney can't do handstands at your age and sausages showing through skin tight kit :) :p

5BT

and we need a day at the hastings track

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girls were great.......finished 4th.....after winning our group......played our one really poor half of the year against Claremont in the semis and then lost to a good South Kamloops team after playing everyone in the game. These kids have something to be very proud of and as usual, plenty of tears after the game because it is the end of another season. :( Overall, a great tournament which Argyle won.

Auf Geht Devils

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0