Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
TW, please let your lads know West Van will be in all blue this aft. See you in a few hours, looking forward to shaking hands and saying hello.

Sir M

Sir M,
will do,see you soon.Looking forward to being on the bench again.

Watching the Spurs Chelsea game right now,hope our ref will be better than theirs,just awful.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
News from the Dragon Camp,a couple of their top players didn't want to make the trip,unbelieveable.
Uvic will take that game.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0
West vAn final
Poor coaching I hear
Well there is always rebuilding & next year

Sid

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0
West vAn final
Poor coaching I hear
Well there is always rebuilding & next year

Sid

Poco had a glorious chance 5 minutes in the game and missed. After that I thought Westvan controlled the game and were the better team. Westvan had 60/40 ball possession, also Sir M did a good job with his bench. Overall the best team on this day won the game. Congrats to Westvan....

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco had a glorious chance 5 minutes in the game and missed. After that I thought Westvan controlled the game and were the better team. Westvan had 60/40 ball possession, also Sir M did a good job with his bench. Overall the best team on this day won the game. Congrats to Westvan....

Are you kidding me??? WestVan had 1 chance(if you want to call it that) and put it away. the game had no flow and really Poco was the better team and should have won.
I'm not sure that was the best either team had to offer...very choppy and tentative all game. Thought Poco bottled 2 or 3 chances in the first half that would have changed the game. either way it is still the same result with the Vmsl taking the game

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watchman, looks like you should worry more about players from your team showing up instead of players from Dragons!!

News from the Dragon Camp,a couple of their top players didn't want to make the trip,unbelieveable.

Congrats to West Van as I honestly thought that Poco would win this game with all the hype throughout this year. I honestly believe that WV is now the team to win it all this year. IMO I had predicted Poco to be BC champs before the start of the BC's. I also said today that who ever wins the derby between Poco, WV will win the Bc's. After talking to some of Yoda's coed teammates today at coed, I heard there is some dissention in the Poco camp, as JTL still wants minutes in games during the FVSL season when they are up 3-0. Instead of being a true team guy and not worrying about the 40+ goals during the season, he should worry about his teammates!! Again not my words, but what I heard today from a few FVSL players!! Congrats to the Dragons for coming through for the Valley and looking forward to their game against the dark horse Pork Chops!! WV will steam roll the winner of NAFC vs S Delta game!!:D

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, I was 6 for 8 in my round of 16 predictions. I fully expect to be 4 for 4 in the quarters.:rolleyes:

UVic Alumni 3, Peace Arch Dragons 1.
As well as the Dragons have played of late, Uvic's depth proves too much to overcome at home.

Westside 2, PCOV 1.
An interesting battle bewteen 2 teams that were both arguably winners as underdogs the week before. So who is the favourite going in? I say the returning champs.

Castilians 2, West Van 1.
In the undisputed MOTW, two heavyweights go toe to toe. Poco want to make up for the disappointing quarter final result against Columbus last year while West Van want to make up for narrowly missing the VMSL league title against the Valley's best. A very slim edge to Poco with home field.

South Delta 2, NAFC 1.
South Delta finally get over the hump of playing poorly away from home in this unlikely quarter final match up.

Maggie the Monkey

I think Maggie the monkey and the watchman have been hanging out at the marina drinking too much. Whatever they have predicted has gone the other way...

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you kidding me!? Possession was about 70% WV!!! You had a couple of half chances from free kicks from 30 yards.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 1 Poco 0. Not sure if Poco intended this to happen out in Poco, but this game evolved into a game with WV having a lot of posession, and Poco countering. A lot of guys hurt or unavailable on both teams, but bottom line it was West Van's best players kind of shutting down Pocos's best players in an away game. Depth was a definite factor too, but Poco competed well with what they had off of the bench. I disagree with previous statements that Poco cannot compete with the Big Boys, they were just a bit outclassed on the day, but it was close.

Poco are a good team, and represented their league well today.

Sir M.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Sir M and Besty.....way to put an end to the POCO LOVEFEST! Remember....the best team does not ALWAYS win...hence,the boring hockey displayed by the Knuckleheads and their overpayed goalie......anyways...good luck the rest of the way.

Cheers!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you kidding me!? Possession was about 70% WV!!! You had a couple of half chances from free kicks from 30 yards.

And you had your shanks off corners. We can't all have our best games every week. ;)

Posesssion maybe yes, but did you generate any scoring chances? No.

SirM nailed it. We didn't control possession but we countered well, but didn't finish our chances. WestVan go there goal off somenones groin and that was it. I think had that shot off the bar at 10min mark gone in, it woulda changed the game. But it didn't and thats that. Finishing your chances is what provincials is all about, and we didn't.

Until next year, hopefully we can "represent FVSL", however, there are still 2 teams doing that still.

South Delta and Peace Arch are still making their run.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to WV who won a hard fought battle today at Gates Park. We knew it was going to be a tough go and could go either way. We had way more chances on the day but they held much greater possession. Good luck to them along the way to the finals.

Sid should try and play in a provincial cup game before he makes any comments, the guy has no clue what it means to compete in a game that actually means something.

Good luck Sir M and the WV crew and again congrats on a hard fought battle. See you in July.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0