Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you kidding me!? Possession was about 70% WV!!! You had a couple of half chances from free kicks from 30 yards.

I agree with besty that West Van had 70% of he possession,they are a good team no question.

Castilians had a great chance 7 mins into the game and didn't take it,maybe could have changed the game.We had another good chance,open header that went straight to their keeper,and one other good chance not taken,and almost an own goal that came close trickling over the line.

Backline played good for West Van shutting down the Poco strikers.Poco backline also playing well.

I feel the game could have gone either way,but overall the best team won and good luck to them in the semis.

The Castilians had a great year in the FVSL winning the double again,but yet again ,failed to a class VMSL team.

Nice having a drink with Sir M afterwards,good luck lads.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV/PoCo result was a given. PoCo has a few good players and then there is a big drop off in talent. WV has 16 strong.
PCOV over WS was no real surprise either. PCOV has had their number for years. With a few exceptions, they lack skill but work hard all over the park. They are very driven right now and with a few lucky (or unlucky opponent) bounces, PCOV is now my favorite.

The island is a few years behind the mainland when it comes to the age and quality of player. Many more of the 35 year old players need to make the jump to Masters before they can compete.
The valley only has a couple teams left because they have not faced any metro premier teams. I hope the draw someday changes to reflect the power of the leagues so that all the good teams are not in the same quadrant.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best team did win on the day. I was pretty tight as the score shows. WV scored on a half chance as noted, we didn't score on ours.
Good luck to WV.
Good luck to the Valley Teams.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard yesterday that if there are not any Island teams in a semi, then the home team will be at home. If that is the case, West Van will host the winner of this morning's SD vs NAFC game, and I believe Peace Arch will host PCOV.

Bob thanks for your views on PCOV, that should move them way up in the rankings.

Sir M

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard yesterday that if there are not any Island teams in a semi, then the home team will be at home. If that is the case, West Van will host the winner of this morning's SD vs NAFC game, and I believe Peace Arch will host PCOV.

Bob thanks for your views on PCOV, that should move them way up in the rankings.

Sir M

Sir M... a Saturday afternoon???

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to confirm that we are not going to the Island still Luch. As you know BC Soccer has a tradition of making teams wait til the last minute to try to arrange things, but I will let you know when I know!

It also depends a bit on what happens at Tech this aft.

Sir M

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to confirm that we are not going to the Island still Luch. As you know BC Soccer has a tradition of making teams wait til the last minute to try to arrange things, but I will let you know when I know!

It also depends a bit on what happens at Tech this aft.

Sir M

True Sir M. Congrats on the big win yesterday.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to WV who won a hard fought battle today at Gates Park. We knew it was going to be a tough go and could go either way. We had way more chances on the day but they held much greater possession. Good luck to them along the way to the finals.

Sid should try and play in a provincial cup game before he makes any comments, the guy has no clue what it means to compete in a game that actually means something.

Good luck Sir M and the WV crew and again congrats on a hard fought battle. See you in July.

Mark
sour grapes

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peace Arch Dragons vs PCOV is pretty much a tale of David and Galiath. Peach Arch spanked Roma 5-0 in an exhibition game early last month, they dismantled the newly promoted MEtro-ford 4-1, and than they took out the VISL CHAMPIONs, University of Victoria 5-3. I think if PCOv can make this game respectable and keep Peach Arch under 5 goals i think it will be a great accomplishment for PCOV. We are happy to have made it this far.

WEstvan vs Peach Arch is shaping to be a great final.

VMSL vs FVSL in the FINALS..

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SD 2 - NAFC 0 ............. 10 minutes into the 2nd half at Confed. SD were the better team, so should be going through v. WV.

Ladnerdad

Oct 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final Score South Delta 5 - NAFC 0

We scored in the first minute, and then got a second one about 10 minutes later. Also hit the crossbar and had some other chances in the first half. NAFC woke up after about 25 minutes and played us fairly even until about 25 minutes into the the second half. That's when their big centre back got a straight red for using his hand to stop a sure goal. We converted the PK. NAFC had another surge for the next 10 minutes, and a had a couple of good chances but could not get the ball on the net. Finally we converted a counter attack for 4-0 and they pretty much knew the game was done. Our last goal was a breakaway with no time left.

We are looking forward to the game next week against West Van, and are happy with our run so far. Unfortunately we are going to be missing a few bodies next week because no one thought we would be playing this late in the season. One of our starting strikers is going to be at Disneyland with his family, and shockingly my wife thinks our trip (without the kids) to San Fran & Napa shouldn't be postponed because of a silly soccer game.

Ladnerdad

Oct 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, and let me also say something controversial. We have had by far the easiest draw (Bye, Island 4, & North Shore 3). As much as we appreciated the expanded playoffs this year because they allowed us in (Fraser Valley 4), I believe the allocation needs to be tweaked for next year. In my opinion, and no disrespect to the teams that we have played, Delta United (Fraser Valley 5) would have beat both of them too. So my suggestion would be to take away a slot from the Island and from the North Shore and give one more each to Vancouver and the Valley.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think if WAB had his way, the BC's would just be the 16 best VMSL teams, because nobody else can compete with them anyways.
Or maybe just put all the other teams against a VMSL team in the first round as a warmup for them, then the real tournament can begin at 8 teams.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Ladnerdad. Something should be done to get these weak teams out and stop wasting everyones time with the allocation as it stands now.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If WAB's team was any good they"d be playing next weekend:D

Cheers!

If Sapperton didn t have to play against any VMSL teams they would of made it all the way to the finals 100%. The only 2 teams that would of maybe slowed them down would of been Columbus or Westside. Unfortunately, the BC champs Westside bite them in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0