Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M,

When you get to your game next week against POCO, and listen very carefully, you might hear the following pregame motivation song playing in their changeroom.

That's Sumner on vocals, Slater and Deacon on guitar, and the Gray brothers on keyboard and drums.

Shokar might take his shirt off and start dancing!!

Good luck to both teams, should be a good game.

You got it all wrong gilly,ask Mission last year in the cup final and White Rock in this years final.

This is our song.

YouTube - ROCKY TRIBUTE -- EYE OF THE TIGER

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van's center of the park players don't believe in music,dancing or any kind of fun for that matter. They have a weird pre game ritual involving some type of red fluid. I try to turn my back on this type of activity, so I have no further details.

Sir M

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tuna !!!!!!! where are you lad ? No predictions ?

What kind of pre game ritual do the Dragons have ? Does it involve you and Kuschy ?

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watchman, you must have me confused with someone else. I've never had the displeasure of having played with cooshie. UVic vs. WV in the final. South Delta and Poco as my dark horses. Happy?

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watchman, you must have me confused with someone else. I've never had the displeasure of having played with cooshie. UVic vs. WV in the final. South Delta and Poco as my dark horses. Happy?

Thanks for the predictions Tuna,happy Easter !!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watchman my friend, it looks like you are either a very early riser, or you have the stamina to pull the occasional all nighter...:cool:

Sir M

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watchman my friend, it looks like you are either a very early riser, or you have the stamina to pull the occasional all nighter...:cool:

Sir M

Sir M,
I thought someone would notice that.

Late night,after hours at the Marina.

Yes I can still pull it off now and again but napping alot today :)

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M

We actually had a Dominoe/Darts tournament.Thetis Island over 60's Vs Penelekut over 70's
(trying to get the name Thetis changed to another name)

It was sort of like playing Qualicum,great bunch of guys.

Funniest part of the night was when my partner in crime Georgie(thats not his real name) doubled out.Our team started jumping up and down celebrating,so the losing over 70's did the same,3 of them falling down and having a hug fest :)

The stand by medics calmed everyone down and the players phoned their wives to come and pick them up.

JTL,I sold 3 scarves last night.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately Uvic has been hit by the injury bug also. Four players were heading over to the Red Lion to watch the game and were hit by a bus. All starters and each spoke two languages. I know everyone is having their injury problems, we'll battle through as well. Good luck!

Welcome Gnu! Was one of the second languages Scottish?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see that the following games have now been scheduled:

April 29, 730 PM:

Westside vs PCOV, South Memorial Park Turf

April 30, 400 PM:

PoCo Castillians vs West Van FC, Gates Park Turf

May 1, 1000 AM:

New Amsterdam FC vs South Delta FC, Confederation Park Turf

Peace Arch Dragons are away to UVic Alumni, but VISL hasn't scheduled anything yet for that one.

Go figure...

Sir M

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tri Cities News
23 April 2011

Poco Castilians Masters team who won the FVSL over 35 league,and also the Masters Cup entertain a strong West Van in the quarter finals of the Provincial Cup at Gates Park 4.00 pm kick off.Last year the Poco team lost out on penalty kicks to Columbus at the same stage.

Unfortunately the injured,leagues top goalscorer Mark Slater has only a 50-50 chance of playing.

However the main interest in the game has shifted to the half time show.

A first ever PECTORALIS MAJOR competition with Poco boys The Gray Brothers being favorites,if you don't have tickets by now,good luck.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watchman, how do these two teams match up?

Sir M,these 2 teams, Castilians and West Van match up very closely.I believe The Castilians have a lot of character and want to win this one,after failing last year.I watched West Van on the Island,they are a close knit team like us and also has alot of character and skill.

If JTL does not play,obviously it will be a big blow,he has scored 42 goals so far this season,which team wouldn't miss that?.

If the game was today,he wouldn't be playing.Knowing him quite well,if he is 50% fit this time next week,he would want to play a part.

He had the same injury this time last year,even in The Nations Cup.

I also believe West Van will miss Gibby,with his running and he is not frightened to take on defenders,gets himself into the box.

Will be a close game.Two good teams who want to move onto the semi finals.Both teams respecting eachother.will be hard but a clean competitive game.

I should have signed on,could have filled the void.

See you next Saturday Sir M.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, I was 6 for 8 in my round of 16 predictions. I fully expect to be 4 for 4 in the quarters.:rolleyes:

UVic Alumni 3, Peace Arch Dragons 1.
As well as the Dragons have played of late, Uvic's depth proves too much to overcome at home.

Westside 2, PCOV 1.
An interesting battle bewteen 2 teams that were both arguably winners as underdogs the week before. So who is the favourite going in? I say the returning champs.

Castilians 2, West Van 1.
In the undisputed MOTW, two heavyweights go toe to toe. Poco want to make up for the disappointing quarter final result against Columbus last year while West Van want to make up for narrowly missing the VMSL league title against the Valley's best. A very slim edge to Poco with home field.

South Delta 2, NAFC 1.
South Delta finally get over the hump of playing poorly away from home in this unlikely quarter final match up.

Maggie the Monkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0