Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecobra13

Apr 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a UVIC Alumni player...... not sure about those rankings. Yes we beat a team that was a force in the league, but they were without 7-9 starters....no indication. Also, I have learnt through the years of BCs with Gorge that the league records and "last games" mean absolutely nothing.
Someone is stirring the pot ............ that is what this site is for......... so here we go. :)

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tryouts in august for what positions? i thought bootlicker, beer runner, and chronic ttp hobo were already taken by bored. what i didn't see was an opening for a sweet talking brown fella, then again urs is not the first invite ;)

We are living in the past browncow, not sure that you want to travel back to the past where trophies are collected.
No surprise that you would throw your team mates under the bus and then jump ship.
Please clarify, why isn't a player of your calibre playing in the open division if you aren't eligible to play Masters?

"Grandpa Bored, tell us about your most memerable soccer moment"
"Sure, great grandson Notso Bored, I remember back in 2011 when we were in the cup final"
"What was the score"
"Oh boy, can't remember the score...."
"Did you win?"
"Sorry, can't remember who won...."
"All I remember is this ultra talented player for the other team, in the dying seconds he flicked the ball over one of our defenders heads..."
"Did he score"
"No, In fact I don't think he played much in the game, he must have been a substitute in the dying minutes. All he did was salvage his pride with this terrific move that resulted in him turning the ball over to our far superior defencemen"

If only we had a player like that maybe we'd accomplish something

browncrow

Nov 11, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are living in the past browncow, not sure that you want to travel back to the past where trophies are collected.
No surprise that you would throw your team mates under the bus and then jump ship.
Please clarify, why isn't a player of your calibre playing in the open division if you aren't eligible to play Masters?

"Grandpa Bored, tell us about your most memerable soccer moment"
"Sure, great grandson Notso Bored, I remember back in 2011 when we were in the cup final"
"What was the score"
"Oh boy, can't remember the score...."
"Did you win?"
"Sorry, can't remember who won...."
"All I remember is this ultra talented player for the other team, in the dying seconds he flicked the ball over one of our defenders heads..."
"Did he score"
"No, In fact I don't think he played much in the game, he must have been a substitute in the dying minutes. All he did was salvage his pride with this terrific move that resulted in him turning the ball over to our far superior defencemen"

If only we had a player like that maybe we'd accomplish something

"but grampa wasn't that a beer league, did you ever win anything when pints and smokies weren't ur motivation to show up."
"no son, you see it wasn't untill i slowed down a few steps that i was actually able to find a team that didn't make me look so out of place"
"so ur saying besides mating with ur first cousin, your only sense of pride comes from winning a beer league trophy"
"well if you put it that way, i suppose so"
months later....
"hey grampy, look they gave me a blue ribbon for just participating, now i can be just like you...so do i get to see uncle mark 4 times a week before i can play for poco"

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I"ll give you credit browncow, you won't give up on TTP. If only you had that spirit on the park.

Let's review:

Poco is living in the past, We (WR) will dethrone them.
-OK, you beat us this game but we should have won, [insert excuses here, pick any]
We will beat you the next game..
-OK, we didn't but we are better than you
We will crush you in the cup final
-OK, we lost again, but I flicked the ball over someones head
Ooops, we got pounded in the BCs [insert excuses here, more than one is required]

Your obsession with me is mildly flattering in fact I am getting a little bit of a chubby - which ironically are the 2 words we use to describe you. Go on Little Chubby, tell us again how great you are.

PS: who is living in the past browncow
I actually don't disagree with your assessment of me, slow tired and old. That must kill you, slow tired and old is better than you?
The good news is you can rest now until next year, we still have at least one more game to play.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stop living in the past boys. Get on with the task at hand!
Good luck to the remaining teams left...That West Van vs Po Co game is going to be a Cracker.

By the way...2005 and 2007 were Great Years! :)
Sorry carry on now

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stop living in the past boys. Get on with the task at hand!
Good luck to the remaining teams left...That West Van vs Po Co game is going to be a Cracker.

Sorry carry on now

I agree with coach.

It doesn't matter that The Castilians won everything there was to be won in the FVSL for the second year running.

League Champions,Cup Winners,Golden Boot and Leagues MVP.

This is all in the past and the trophies are now displayed in the Trophy Cabinet.

Now we are playing the best of the best and West Van are one of these,along with champions Westside,and Uvic.
These lads are a different level to what we are used to playing.

Will be interesting to see Sir M power ranking when it comes out later today.I'm expecting something like this for the top 4:

1/ West Van
2/ Westside
3/ Uvic
4/ Castilians

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a revolutionary break from tradition, due mostly to the lively discussion on this particular thread, staff have agreed to temporarily suspend copyright rights held by Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings.

So, in this thread, we are going to go forward now with the final eight edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings 2010-2011...

1. Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL). Last rank: 1. Poco hammered Qualicum, who staff report are a Quality bunch of guys in the round of 16. They host West Van next in the quarter finals, and will be up for that one.

2. UVIC Alumni (VISL). Last rank: 3. UVIC supporters are touting this team as easy winners of the BCs this year. They had an easy win at home last week against a FVSL side. They play Peace Arch Dragons next, I believe at home again. If they win that one, the semis are also on Vancouver Island.

3. West Van FC (VMSL). Last rank: 5. West Van had a an easy win on the Island, and an easy win away to the NSCL #2 thus far in this tournament. Whole new ball game when they must travel out to the home park of the #1 ranked Poco. Staff are wondering who the referee scheduler is for the FVSL, if anyone knows?

4. Westside A (VMSL). Last rank: 7. Defending BC Champs, they won easily against the upstart and overrated Sapperton. Away to PCOV next.

5. Peace Arch Dragons (FVSL). Last rank: 9. This team is making a bit of noise all of a sudden. Away to UVic next.

6. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL). Last rank: 12. PCOV have been playing well defensively of late, and move way up after beating Columbus on PKs. They host Westside in the round of 8.

7. South Delta FC (FVSL). Last rank: 14. SDFC beat VicWest 2-0. They travel to North Van to play NAFC next.

8. New Amsterdam Football Club (NSCL). Last rank: 19. NAFC had an easy win against the #1 seed out of the NSCL. They host South Delta next.

So there you go. May the best teams win. Stay tuned for the final four in a fortnight (and no that is not a reference to a sleepover at Antifan's place)...

Sir M

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding The Qualicum lads,I believe The Staff misinterpreted "A quality bunch of guys" :)

I guess we're stuck with Sir M power ranking as #1

Now we just have to prove it and give it our best shot.

We just lost one of our big Scottish lads who had planned on going home for 3 weeks.

Next

thecobra13

Apr 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The avatar is definitely the way to get noticed on here.... years of posting has increased my brain cell count by 2.
Guess you boys are lining up to meet my sister now? :)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd ask the same question about your superstar the "Gladiator" RP - pot calling kettle.....

I think the real "Gladiator" is playing Masters. As for RP, i think he just enjoys our company :)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's some funny stuff SirM. Great rankings as usual
Bet you were having a little chuckle as ranked yourself #3 and tried to make yourselves out to be the underdogs. :)

Having us at the top of the list for most of the season is the best TTP all year.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Staff reports that Poco was #1 in the last rankings, and then won their first BCs game by a converted touchdown. So based on the extremely complex system that only Bonesfish seems to be able to understand, Poco is a solid #1 still Yoda.

Regards,

Sir M

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
coach:Stop living in the past boys. .

[/QUOTE]

Who's living in the past now??:rolleyes:

Cheers

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
No score predictions yet,so here goes.

UVic 3 Dragons 1
UVic done their homework on Kuschy,will attack up the flanks.Kuschy could see red.

POCO 1 Westside 2
dancing bear quiet on ttp,will do his talking on the field.

Castilians 2 West Van 1.
Very tough game,but being the Original Castilian who else would I choose? Yoda scoring the winner from just over the half like last year against Peace Arch,the ball never rising above his knee.

NAFC 2 South Delta 1
South Delta's away record speaks for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0