Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigunit11

Apr 24, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, one inch cut in my eyebrow and have a black eye. Actually a purple eye. Pride is in worse condition. Sorry we could not give you guys a game and basically wasted your day. Have a great run!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We will be lucky to keep the Dragons to only 2. We are going to be very very thin as Regs pointed out earlier and lots of injuries to deal with right now. Don't like hearing the Dragons are healthier than they have been in a while....will try not to be BOOTW and keep it respectable.

The Sandbagging in this thread is climbing to epic proportions.

Watch Qualikym take the pitch w/ mis-matched hand-me-down, ball-huggin old '86ers shorts (they'll have a pre-match scrap over who gets to wear Captain Shamrock's old tighties), florescent shoelaces, and wifebeater jerseys with a silk screened logo of a rooster and the words "Qualikym Big Cokcs FC" written underneath. Watch them show up 8 minutes before KO, w/ barely enough time to do the ID check, and watch them absolutely hump the Castrations in all their glory.

A guy can dream, can't he?

:D

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some big matches this week. IMO definitely the second quadrant is crazy with 4 VMSL teams all squaring off. POCO and West Van loving this round as basically it's another practice week for them before they need to go to War against each other!

Re: 2011 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter
U Vic Alumni 2, White Rock United 3

WRU will take this one in OT

Peace Arch Dragons 3, Metro-Ford 1.
Dragons have more fire power than MF. Plus MF is gonna ran out of gas as they have been basically playing playoff games for the last 2 months!!

Columbus 1, PCOV 2 PKs.
Too close to call

Sapperton 2, Westside 1.
In the MOTW, Sapperton battle hard and find a way to sqeak this baby out. Agreed

Poco Castilians 8 Qualikum 0.
The funny thing here is that POCO, stops short of doing double digits cause the Qualikum team are nice guys

West Van 7 Roma 0.
VT beat Roma last year in pk's, WV will be basically playing at home as the game is on the North Shore.

NAFC 2 vs Norvan 1 in overtime

South Delta 2 Vic West 0.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure where Tuna is these days with his accurate predictions on his Dragons team :) Last time he was out by about 8 goals as The Castilians thrashed them 6-0.
So much unrest in that game,Kuschy yelling at the coach when he made a wrong sub according to him,Kuschy being sent off,and with no supporting cast went down heavily.
I'll take Metro Ford over The Dragons.

UVIC and WHITE ROCK both play 5 men in midfield,UVIC ALUMNI stronger in defence.

Final.......2-1 UVIC

thecobra13

Apr 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it seems like a shocker for Island teams this past weekend. Feel for the Van boys who had to come over and NOT get a competitive game....maybe a fun beer-filled ferry ride was worth it in the end?
I hear alot of guys have finally made the move from Premier to Masters on the mainland....... gets me fired up again for BCs.
Hoping one of us Island Teams can restore some pride with some "W"'s this weekend.
Regs - we both have graduated to the Masters Page now? :)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bob you are putting yourselves in the finals are you?
Sir M

I would hope so. I have a WV or PoCo final.
I'm sure you have WV vs Columbus or Sapp final.

Like you and probably 4 other teams, we can beat anyone. This year is an exciting tournament.

bohica

Oct 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 3 - Gorge FC 0

The scary thing for Westside next week is Sapp played without Alex (resting for next week) or even McNabb after 30 minutes.

WAB you are to modest, you forget that you did not play either. The game could of went into extra time easy if you got into the game.:wa:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bohica, I also forgot that you DID play and we still managed to create a few scoring chances.

Sapp is definitely firing on all cylinders and now with Alex fully rested, Westside will have to come up with some sort of strategy to stop him - as if anyone has this year. Coming to Canada at 35 years of age after playing professional in Europe! Canadian players just do not know how to stop him.

I wonder when there will be news coming out of the WS camp.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder when there will be news coming out of the WS camp.

The players from WS who used to be on here(TTP) like Freddy and Peter have moved onto different WS teams I believe! After talking with a few of their players this past week after an exhibition game they are excited to try and repeat as BC Champs. They did think their road was tough, but said to win it all they would have to beat the best anyways! They actually weren't really groping about the draw, like I was. The only thing that really seemed to worry them was something you already touched on WAB. Mind you WS did say they have a few guys who aren't Canadians that they might try against Alex to stop him!!:D

Alex fully rested, Westside will have to come up with some sort of strategy to stop him - as if anyone has this year. Coming to Canada at 35 years of age after playing professional in Europe! Canadian players just do not know how to stop him.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Uvic Alumni VISL - White Rock Utd FVSL Uvic Stadium Sun 2pm
Peace Arch Dragons FVSL - Wolves South Surrey Ath TURF #9 Sat 4.30pm
Columbus FC VMSL - PCOV VMSL Memorial South TURF Fri 7.30pm
Westside FC VMSL - Sapperton Rovers VMSL Jericho Park TURF Sun Noon
Poco Castilians FC FVSL - Qualicam NISL Gates TURF Sat 4pm
Roma NSCL - West Van FC VMSL Confederation TURF Sun 3pm
Norvan NSCL - New Amsterdam FC NSCL Confederation TURF Sun 10.30am
South Delta FC FVSL - Vic West VISL South Surrey Ath TURF #10 Sun 3pm

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shady Rest Eagles triumphant
Brad Bird, Oceanside Star
Published: Thursday, March 17, 2011
A group of soccer-playing local men is pretty pumped about winning a tournament in Qualicum Beach last weekend.

The Shady Rest Eagles, in the Over-35 Division of the North Island Masters Soccer League, defeated Powell River 3-0 to win a place in the provincial championship tournament in April.

The smiling,oyster eating Qualicomedians are looking foreward to travelling to sunny Poco to face The Castilians.

The Castilians won't be taking this game lightly and are hoping JTL has recovered from his illness that he obtained in Mexico.

West Van and South Delta having easy rounds and will move on to the last 8.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
news flash from westside camp:

tonite's scrimmage in the gym will feature at least 10 guys, (hoping for 12). that is a record for a tuesday nite. all participants are also committed to attending the dunbar pub after, (that won't be a record). chalk talk on how to stop alex is on the agenda. we in fact, may consult with ballerina panda on what the best tactical formation is...stay tuned.

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
news flash from westside camp:

may consult with ballerina panda on what the best tactical formation is...stay tuned.

I heard the prancin panda signed with WV last week? Oh wait, I think he has since signed with SAPP... Wait a minute... signed this morning with POCO... Hold on.... Just got the call... he's back with WS... Sorry, as you were.....

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watchman I agree with you, but you forgot to put your choice on New Amesterdam/Norvan on tthat final 8?

The Castilians won't be taking this game lightly and are hoping JTL has recovered from his illness that he obtained in Mexico.

West Van and South Delta having easy rounds and will move on to the last 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0