Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 World Junior Championships

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SirM, i'm guessing that's the whole olympics, which has just a couple more events than World Junior Hockey, as well there are a few more countries involved in the Olympics, like 80+!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You got me googling info here SirM and i've found some interesting information.

This was reported on Jan 6th, 2009:

Team Canada's gold medal victory at the World Junior Hockey Championship last night has made ratings history for TSN as the most-watched broadcast of all time on the network.
Preliminary data revealed 3.7 million viewers watched Canada take its fifth consecutive gold medal in a 5-1 victory over Sweden. The audience surpassed TSN's previous audience high of 3.5 million viewers for the gold medal game at the 2003 World Junior Championship in Halifax.
The gold medal game on TSN is the most-watched program ever on a Canadian specialty channel and is also the most-watched program overall across all Canadian television this broadcast season. Audience levels for the game peaked at 4.7 million viewers at 9:58pm et, as Team Canada celebrated its victory in Ottawa.

I believe that was until this years Grey Cup.

Just shows that there are people watching out there. Maybe not in yours and GHouses circle of friends, but they're out there. :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The World Juniors also produced the highest number of online viewers for a single event in Canada a couple of years back.

That number was surpassed by Upfront, episode 13, You're a Muppet Reedie.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Littlest Hobo Facts:

The Littlest Hobo once ate a whole cake before his dog friends could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Some people like to eat frogs' legs. The Littlest Hobo likes to eat lizard legs. Hence, snakes.

When The Littlest Hobo falls in water, The Littlest Hobo doesn't get wet. Water gets The Littlest Hobo.

The Littlest Hobos' house has no doors, only walls that he walks through.

The Littlest Hobo always knows the EXACT location of Carmen SanDiego.

The Littlest Hobo ordered a Big Mac at Burger King, and got one.

The Littlest Hobo can sneeze with his eyes open.

The Littlest Hobo, Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building.

The Littlest Hobo FTW.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously. Is this not exciting hockey?

Well, i guess not if you are an American right now, but come on! Another comback for OT?

You couldn't write this any better.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess you could - like winning it in OT :D

Awesome stuff though!

I haven't watch a stitch of these games and yet as I was driving home I gave a loud shout out when Canada tied it up... unreal.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best hockey game I have watched in a long time.....miles above NHL games.....these guys went 100% for 60 minutes....just to bad Allan played like shite today

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Second best game i've watched, next to 2 games ago vs the US, and even the last one too i suppose.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I kinda agree with Girth, although it was heartbreaking to watch the American's celebrating. Wanted so bad for Eberle to get the winner and cement his status in World Junior history as the best clutch performer ever.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eberle is still the best clutch performer ever. Period.

The officiating (or lack thereof) is the real problem in International Hockey... That is the only thing that took away from last night. I'm not saying it was bad for any one team, or the reason Canada lost... It's just bad overall... It's too bad that we can't have just NHL refs doing the olympics and they have to invite those donkeys from Russia, Sweden, et al.

Canada did pretty good considering that their best D Man in Hamonic was out due to a bad cheap shot late in the Swiss game.

They just didn't have an answer for the top two Yank lines' pace. The States might have been the only better transition team in the tourney than our boys.

And... I'll agree with a lot of the talking heads (McKenzie, Maguire, Dreger, etc) that it is GOOD for international hockey that Canada didn't win this gold, bad for us, but good for the game overall. I just hate seeing them yanks win it, I would have preferred to lose the Swedes or Ruskis. :(

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it just me ,or does this new Eh Oh Canada Go ,cheer sound bad when a crowd says it..
I dont like it...
Does anyone like it ?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
nope... it is just a stupid ploy for Pepsi to get in on the Olympics...

Coke is the official sponsor of the games, yet Pepsi is the official sponsor of Hockey Canada(they own Gatorade)... I read somewhere that they got this thing going at the IIHF World Juniors in Canada to try to have fingerprints on the Hockey at the Olympics in Vancouver. Since the IOC and IIHF have cokc-blocked Hockey Canada from their own things at the games (see uniform fiasco) Pepsi needs to ninja this in...

But it sounds terrible and comes off as weak, almost as weak as GM Place being prompted to shout WOOOOO after a Canuck goal...

Booo.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it just me ,or does this new Eh Oh Canada Go ,cheer sound bad when a crowd says it..
I dont like it...
Does anyone like it ?

I actually thought they were saying "Eh O Panago" at first. I was like wow, Panago has some real pull at the Juniors. :Dlol But then i saw, the Pepsi commercial and it explained it. There are just too many syllables in Canada to make a cheer. Go Canada Go, is good enough.

USA were the better team and deserved the win. Canada deserved silver.

I don't think Canada deserved silver, though US played good. Canada came back tied it up, and if it wasn't for Allen having an off-game Canada should have won it.

But that's what happens when you have the two best teams in the world playing. Two close overtime games, that could have gone either way. Awesome games to watch.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually thought that at first half the crowd started saying Pepsi's cheer, then as the game went on it sort of morphed back into Go Canada Go, cuz they realized how stupid it sounded saying Eh Oh, Canada Go.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0