Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 World Junior Championships

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good start for the boys keep it commin:wa: Although I do agree that 16-0 was a bit much, I would love to know which team wouldn't do that to us (canada) if given the chance. Plus I think it would be more embarassing if they stopped shooting and played keep away. Its the best of the juniors and they gotta shoot, it just so happened that Latvia had Girth in net that game ;) but 50 saves is still pretty good.......considering:D

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My only issue with that 16-0 drubbing is that it sets the bar for future drubbings....not particularly sporting in my mind. I think they either need to change the format or eliminate crap teams so it doesnt happen

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My only issue with that 16-0 drubbing is that it sets the bar for future drubbings....not particularly sporting in my mind. I think they either need to change the format or eliminate crap teams so it doesnt happen

It has nothing to do with format....it has to do with goals for as the tie breaker.

If you eliminated crap teams then this tournament would only have 4 teams in it.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It has nothing to do with format....it has to do with goals for as the tie breaker.

If you eliminated crap teams then this tournament would only have 4 teams in it.

Thats all Im saying.
I want us to win...But with class and without all the hoopla.
They need to change the format, No goals for tiebreaker and the tournament should be run like the Fifa Club World Champions,where the weeker countries play each other and only the best of the 4 bottom teams get a chance at humiliation. But that woud mean less money at the gate,(less games) and its all about the money.

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gball! The weaker teams do play to see who makes it... which is why you see Belarus, Germany, etc...every now and again.

Relegation format

The four teams in the Relegation Round play a single round robin series. The two teams which finish first and second at the end of this round play again at the 2011 IIHF World U20 Championship, while the third and fourth-place teams are relegated to Division I. Teams carry over the points they earned from the Preliminary Round from the game against the other team from the group participating in the Relegation Round.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
this should be a 6 team tourney.. Looking at the history for this event...

CANADA
RUSKIES
CHECKS
FINS
SWEEDS
YANKS

5 game round robin
top 3 to medal round
1st place bye to gold medal game

last place team plays slovakia for next years tourney
or something similar

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Almost glad that wasn't the score Franchise, that one rivaled last years game vs the US but not quite as good.

Nice to see the Ruski's lose yesterday. :)
Bring on the Cheese............the Swiss Cheese that is.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Switz will be way to tired today and the Canucks are rested..I say another blow out.

US Can game was great...I did think we played bad. Maybe from hammering everybody before hand and then playing a good team threw the guys off.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And it's games like the Swiss vs Russia that bring these smaller countries back to play in this tournament. There are just enough upsets to keep them coming back. :)

Doesn't look to be a blowout if the Swiss Keeper keeps playing this Gouda. :rolleyes:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Swiss keeper is doing great..Im surprized how well the Swiss are doing. good for them. 3-1 now....still more to come. I cant see the swiss holding on much longer,they must be feeling yesterdays game by now. I can see a few more goals for Canada in the 3rd. 6-1 final maybe.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im a hockey fan and all, but does anyone other than people from outback Canada care about this tournament?

Other than Pierre McGuire of course...

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As i previously mentioned, 3.7milion people watched the finals last year.

My guess is yes.

It's the future of the NHL.
I'm guessing you wouldnt watch Olympic hockey either then?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
3.7 million ....Is that good for prime time full coverage with advertizing every 20 minutes weeks before...All the hoopla and radio....Paper adds...That to me seems not so good.
there are how many people in Canada now..29 million....3.7 million to watch a final on TV dureing Prime time is kinda like what the littlest Hobo at prime time would get...Or the Trailor park boys...
I love hockey but Im afraid we make way to big a deal out of the Jr Worlds.
Not enough competition out there in the sport called ice hockey...YET

I will watch Olympic over any other hockey. Not sure why but it is my fav.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
.3.7 million to watch a final on TV dureing Prime time is kinda like what the littlest Hobo at prime time would get.

Ya but you can't compare the tourny to the littlest hobo as they are apples to oranges. This dog never had a home and could do amazing things! He went from town to town and always found food and shelter! His fur never seemed to get too dirty either as he must have really groomed himself behind the scenes. AMAZING! I'd say well over 3.7 million for the littlest hobo!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0