Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Nations Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazling

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh I see....no, I've never played this tourney before. Looking for the Open section. I am from England though so I figured that would be a start. But I'll play for anyone that needs players.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Draw is complete and the Schedule is done. You can download the entire Schedule at The Nations Cup

Some interesting games, especially on Friday night with Croatia vs Serbia at 7:45 on Boyd Turf 1

We have made sure there is a game before the Men's Open Final for the gang in the Beer Garden to watch. The O30's Final will be played at 3:30pm on the Boyd Oval and then the Men's Open Final at 5:15pm

We are finalizing the new look website so check back over the weekend to see the changes. There will also be a link on the new site for a hotel deal at the Holiday Inn for Nations Cup.

Cheers,

Lean

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In bigger news, Mr. Ally McCoist is back in town, seen last night at the WAG in White Rock, will he be making another apperance for Scotland this year?

Can't wait lean, good job once again.

hos

Attachments

• 610x.jpg
    610x.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 68

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The revamped Nations Cup site www.thenationscup.com is up and running. There are promotional deals for hotels and team kit for the tourney. For those of you on Facebook there is a link to "the friends of the Nations Cup"

We are always looking for pictures to add to our photo Gallery so contact me to send pictures. I'll use the appropriate ones and just look at the other ones;):eek:;)

Anybody scheduled friendlies yet??

Cheers,
Lean

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to be a prick but I'm pretty sure you didn't get permission for the current pictures in that gallery on the new revamped site.

Unless you can hear dead people (RIP Marcus).

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that a quite diffferent Scotland over 30s (although the VMSL MVP is not available this year), and the Scotland over 38s will be strong this year. I do not know about the open team at this point, but hopefully...!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know the Ireland Over 38's are not looking good.......as I've been given the token yearly call........that's never a good sign. Really looking forward to chasing the Indian, Chinese, and Canadian squads. :rolleyes:

Sweeper's are us......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ireland is playing India in open play tonight at the Temple on Scott Road and 72nd.....India are pre-tournament favorites slightly.....

India 5/2 at the moment.....while defending champions Ireland come in at 3/1.

India 5/2
Ireland 3/1
Caribbean 7/2
Italy 4/1
Croatia 5/1
England 6/1
Germany 8/1
China 10/1
Scotland 11/1
Canada 12/1
Portugal 14/1
Serbia 15/1
Fiji 25/1
Korea 30/1
Greece 40/1
First Nations 50/1

If anyone wants any 'action' on these prices, send me a PM and we can work something out. :D

Money must be handed to me BEFORE the tournament starts. I'll be home on Friday pre-gaming for the Friday night festivities. I'm really looking forward to the Croatia/Serbia match-up. Lean, have you guys sorted the security out for that? Are you going to charge $15 for entry fee? :confused: :rolleyes:

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Security will be in the Beer Garden right beside you, just to make sure you don't lose another bike;) Entry Fee is a pint like all years!!

By the way for those that care about silly things.....we got the beer garden up to 380!!!

Cheers,
Lean

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that like an elevator thing? What do the rest of us do if BlazeArmy is the first one in the garden?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada vs. Portugal - Richmond High tonight.........

I think I'll go watch that one.....was going to catch the Pretournament favorites play but that is a much longer distance to travel........besides G-Spot isn't playing for India so there really is no reason to go watch. Right, G-spot? :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ended up reffing the damn game.....after a BIG Spaghetti dinner. :( Felt like shite.

Anyway....3 - 2 for Portugal....a couple of nice goals.......

India 3 Ireland 2...............Ireland has some pretty good fire power this year.....Rizal O'Flynn added to Angus Burke, Tiernan King.....pretty good pace one would say.

Should be a great tourney.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched india v ireland -it was a very entertaining open game .
Ireland,s no 9 playing left mid was very quick . Ireland hit the bar + post in the last 10 mins.
I don,t know much about the Nations cup but both these teams played good football and any team that beats these 2 must be pretty special.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For those that aren't fimiliar with the Nations Cup, the tournament is made up of players playing for their countries of origin or ethnic backgound.

So, Ristricted you need to find out the team that you are eligable to play for and then contact the team manager to discuss playing opportunities. You can contact us at info@thenationscup.com

Are there anymore games planned??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0