Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Nations Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any idea whas happening with the Tourmanent this year? I know that Allstar Nationals are in Richmond from July 18-26. Does this affect anything?

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was waiting until the Provincials were over to start the 2009 Nations Cup thread but you beat me to it.

The 30th Anniversary of the Nations Cup Tournament will be held this year on July 17, 18 and 19th at Hugh Boyd and Minoru Park.

As PAU will attest it is a challenge to run tournaments and Beer Gardens in the city but with the hard work of the crew we are going to put on another great event. We are working on increasing the size of the Beer Garden and it will be open late on Friday night again. And as this is going to be the 30th Anniversary we are looking for people that have any memoriabilia from previous years who would like to share it with the crowds at the event. Please get in touch with us.

Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks for updates and take a look at the website at The Nations Cup

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was waiting until the Provincials were over to start the 2009 Nations Cup thread but you beat me to it.

The 30th Anniversary of the Nations Cup Tournament will be held this year on July 17, 18 and 19th at Hugh Boyd and Minoru Park.

As PAU will attest it is a challenge to run tournaments and Beer Gardens in the city but with the hard work of the crew we are going to put on another great event. We are working on increasing the size of the Beer Garden and it will be open late on Friday night again. And as this is going to be the 30th Anniversary we are looking for people that have any memoriabilia from previous years who would like to share it with the crowds at the event. Please get in touch with us.

Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks for updates and take a look at the website at The Nations Cup

If anyone has a bike from a few years back, bring it along. We can reminisce about our time together. I plan on closing the beer garden again this year on the Friday night as the wife and kids come home Saturday this year......but I'm working on them staying an extra night so everything should be good.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larsson, come back home for the 30th year, you were once the scoring champ, Scotland's pride, but now you are in Oil-town, come home boy.

hos

Last edited by a moderator:

Shwiggidy

Oct 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
was wondering how the teams are organized, I wouldn't mind seeing if i could make it into the germany squad if they hold tryouts...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
was wondering how the teams are organized, I wouldn't mind seeing if i could make it into the germany squad if they hold tryouts...

You should be good to go.......they basically just grab whoever they can and whoever is willing to admit they're German for the weekend.

:D ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Buddy will be in Barcelona that weekend. Depending how they do against United i might never leave lol.

I heard Pepe Guardiola is looking for a way out to open the door for you, Larsson. They've heard about your successes as head coach with the Calgary Callies. I would say it would be a step up for you and for Barcelona.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Pepe Guardiola is looking for a way out to open the door for you, Larsson. They've heard about your successes as head coach with the Calgary Callies. I would say it would be a step up for you and for Barcelona.

We will see how the negotiations go! lol

Hoepfully we can combine the 2 tournaments and have the winners participate in each others tournament

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Call me when you get to 30 years and we can talk about you having the opportunity to play the Real Nations Cup winner!!

Cheers, Lean

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Call me when you get to 30 years and we can talk about you having the opportunity to play the Real Nations Cup winner!!

Cheers, Lean

Sure! and hopefully Edmonton can have theres outdoor as well so we could have a 3 team Tourny

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are under a month until the 30th Nations Cup Tournament and I thought I would give a little heads up on some of the things for this year.

We will have two changes to the teams, 1 in the Mens Open and 1 in the Men's over 38s

Argentina has not been asked back into the tournament this year and will be replaced by Serbia in the Men's Open.

In the Over 38's Fiji is in and England are out.

We will once again be playing on Friday night and the beer garden/hot house will be open late. We will have some games at Minoru on Friday night & Sunday Morning and will be using the two turf fields there (Oval and Turf 2). We will not be using Richmond High this year.

I know that everyone is waiting for the draw and unfortunately we are unable to do the draw live this year. It should be done this week and we will post it on The Nations Cup website along with the schedule. I will post on here to let everyone know when it is ready to look at.

Cheers,

Lean

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And don't forget the Friday night bash after the beer garden on Friday in Steveston. :D

Nutmegs......I'll be ready for that Wii challenge again. ;)

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the Cpt was asking which nationality you have played for:rolleyes:

Send and email to info@thenationscup.com and we will get back to you regarding contacts for england. Are you looking for the Open or over age group!!

Cheers,

Lean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0