Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Nations Cup

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions in all the categories.....

Men's Open - Caribbean

O-30's - Scotland

O - 38's - China

O - 45's - England

Womens Open - Ireland

Anyone else?

open: India

over 30's: italy or germany

over 38: England. china won't win over 38's. there best player got a one year suspension for threatening to kill the referee.

over 45: England

Women: of course the Irish.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada 5-3 Argentina

What a shocking display tonight was. Probably the worst warm up match I have ever had the pleasure of playing in. At least we (Canada) know that we are not the worst team in this tourny this year:confused: absolutely shocking.

Canada plays the "might Carib" on Wednesday so that will hopefully shake a few of the lads up and get them ready for the weekend.

I hear Ireland were playing over at Minoru.......Any updates there????

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ill go:

Mens Open: Scotland

Over 30s: Scotland

Over 38s: Scotland

Over 45s: Hopefully Scotland, don't know how many are alive though.

Women: The Irish lassies.

I am serious though, especially about the first two choices, and the last.

Sir M.

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gonna have to go with India for the open. Anything less than a finals appearance will be a dissapointment. Saw them play vs. SFU and they looked pretty decent, mind you SFU was VERY depleted.

Good luck to all...

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has any country ever won all divisions in the same year?

Men's open.... Italy
Over 30's...... Scotland
Over 38's....... Scotland
Over 45's....... England
Womans open.. Ireland

looks like the UK just comes into their prime later in life; or maybe it is just me.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, 1/2 of the final, dickensider. :)

India vs Caribbean (if it is possible..I haven't checked if they would meet in the semis)

This would be a fantastic final..........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ireland's Womens Roster

Margaret Cotterell (SD)
Jordan Kitigawa (SD)
Alexa Greenman (SD)
Emily Nicholson (SD)
Caitlin Davie (SD)
Keiko Reid
Candace Lovestad
Tiffany Chester
Ashley McGhee
Kati Montana
Meridith Griffin
Shannon Douglas
Steph Thibert
Natalie Hirayama
Daniella Corazzoli
Zarina Geonovese
Stacey Little (SD)
Natalie Ingham
Maggie Lang (SD)
Kelli-Anne McCabe (SD)

Special honourary beer garden hostess - Kate Qually (SD)

Good luck to all competitors this weekend.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow - everyone is taking the Irish lasses to win it all, eh? What about the defending champs - Canada? ;)

I know Ireland has the easiest draw - especially if TBA ends up being a bye game for them. :rolleyes: And considering it's three days until the tourney starts and they still don't have a team, I'm thinking a bye. Any word on that yet Lean? Maybe we can move one of the teams from the other pool into Ireland's so that they at least have one tough game before the final. ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow - everyone is taking the Irish lasses to win it all, eh? What about the defending champs - Canada? ;)

I know Ireland has the easiest draw - especially if TBA ends up being a bye game for them. :rolleyes: And considering it's three days until the tourney starts and they still don't have a team, I'm thinking a bye. Any word on that yet Lean? Maybe we can move one of the teams from the other pool into Ireland's so that they at least have one tough game before the final. ;)

It's not a bye game, Megan. There is a team representing Greece and there are 20 players on the roster. They are mostly from the Burnaby Canadians Selects team from what I understand but have other players mixed in there, so there is no bye, which is a good thing. YOu want to play all your games before getting to the final. We have 20 players and will be using them all over the 2 days. This is Ireland's strongest team in the 4 years and is vastly improved from last year which was a disappointment for the players. We have been training for a month and managed six friendly games, so we should be ready.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have 20 players and will be using them all over the 2 days. This is Ireland's strongest team in the 4 years and is vastly improved from last year which was a disappointment for the players. We have been training for a month and managed six friendly games, so we should be ready.

Wow - 20 players!! And 6 friendlies!! You are ready. Although personally I'm not sure in a tourney where you only play three 60-70 minute games before the final if I'd be happy with the amount of playing time (or lack thereof). Canada, on the other hand, may only have 14 players - which is a bit low but I personally think no more than 16 in a two-day tourney.

But best of luck, CS. Hopefully we'll see you in the final. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow - 20 players!! And 6 friendlies!! You are ready. Although personally I'm not sure in a tourney where you only play three 60-70 minute games before the final if I'd be happy with the amount of playing time (or lack thereof). Canada, on the other hand, may only have 14 players - which is a bit low but I personally think no more than 16 in a two-day tourney.

But best of luck, CS. Hopefully we'll see you in the final. :)

20 is a large number.......we have some youngsters out there who will be happy to be part of the tournament and don't expect a lot of time. Having said that, we will be able to roll players in and out keeping players fresh and if someone is not happy with their playing time, they can always leave and quit. :D Best of luck to you and I would love to meet your squad in the final, if we're fortunate enough to get out of our group.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ireland's Womens Roster

Margaret Cotterell (SD)
Jordan Kitigawa (SD)
Alexa Greenman (SD)
Emily Nicholson (SD)
Caitlin Davie (SD)
Keiko Reid
Candace Lovestad
Tiffany Chester
Ashley McGhee
Kati Montana
Meridith Griffin
Shannon Douglas
Steph Thibert
Natalie Hirayama
Daniella Corazzoli
Zarina Geonovese
Stacey Little (SD)
Natalie Ingham
Maggie Lang (SD)
Kelli-Anne McCabe (SD)

Special honourary beer garden hostess - Kate Qually (SD)

Good luck to all competitors this weekend.

Feris, you are slipping in your old age...you have neglected to include critical stats on your roster. Please indicate player height, weight and phone number.

Cheers

Oh yeah, what is all this I hear about an India Nations Cup Program, complete with Forward by Wally Oppal?

Predictions:
O-30's: Scotland
Open: Italy
O-38: Ireland
0-45: abandoned final
Women: Canada!
Special Beer Garden Hostess Runner Up: the legend, Kenno Cormack :D

As you were.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada plays the "might Carib" on Wednesday so that will hopefully shake a few of the lads up and get them ready for the weekend.
Where's the game tonight John?

I hear Ireland were playing over at Minoru.......Any updates there????
Must have been the O-30's or O-38's...our open team wasn't playing...final training session tonight.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well,well,well.

You miss one Big Lunch Date and the next thing you know your Hosting a Beer Garden.

Reedie, Reedie, Reedie.;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Feris, you are slipping in your old age...you have neglected to include critical stats on your roster. Please indicate player height, weight and phone number.

Cheers

Oh yeah, what is all this I hear about an India Nations Cup Program, complete with Forward by Wally Oppal?

Predictions:
O-30's: Scotland
Open: Italy
O-38: Ireland
0-45: abandoned final
Women: Canada!
Special Beer Garden Hostess Runner Up: the legend, Kenno Cormack :D

As you were.

I think you have had too many meetings lately.........not quite functioning normally......I'll give Wally a call to confirm things regarding the India Nations Cup program........

As for the other 'figures', there will be no such thing on TTP. We're taking this very seriously, and I forgot to mention we have had 7 warm-up games and 11 practices over the last month.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0