Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Nations Cup....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nations Cup will be held on July 21 to 23.

We have added Friday night games for the Mens Open this year to accomodate for the change of venue and allow the finals to be all played at Minoru Complex on Sunday:)

The tournament has been expanded to 8 teams for the Womens division after a successful introduction last year.

Now if we can sort out the details of the Beer Gardens with the City, this is going to be another great edition of the Nations Cup Tournament.

Lean

Looking forward to the Draw being live on "Up Front"

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hold your goddamn horses.

First priority needs to be sorting out beer gardens with the city. Screw a the draw. have the announcement of beer gardens live on UpFront, actually you should do upfront live from the beer garden this summer. that would be good.

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
lean said:
The tournament has been expanded to 8 teams for the Womens division after a successful introduction last year.

Superstar said:
Portugal would like to enter a team in the Womens Div, any chance it'll expand to 10 teams?

lean, do you have 8 confirmed womens' teams yet?

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There will be 8 teams in the Womens division and unfortunatly it is not possible to add more this year.

I believe the contact information for a Portugal side has been added to our list but I am not sure if there is a spot still available. The person who is contacting teams will be going through the application procedure right now and will contact the Portugal rep accordingly.

Lean

PS Army - You don't have to tell me about getting the Beer Gardens sorted as it is a top priority for everyone involved. I do like the idea of "Up Front" broadcasting live from it during Nations. Any thoughts on that Regs:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been talking with Willy on this mater and I think it is a done deal - just need to work out the best date that we are doing a show to do this... looks like either May 29th or June 12 is going to be the 2 options...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
lean said:
PS Army - You don't have to tell me about getting the Beer Gardens sorted as it is a top priority for everyone involved. I do like the idea of "Up Front" broadcasting live from it during Nations. Any thoughts on that Regs:D

As long as everyone has there priorities straight. :D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lean said:
There will be 8 teams in the Womens division and unfortunatly it is not possible to add more this year.

I believe the contact information for a Portugal side has been added to our list but I am not sure if there is a spot still available. The person who is contacting teams will be going through the application procedure right now and will contact the Portugal rep accordingly.

Superstar,
This is the most info I've heard since my first inquiry... over a month ago. I spoke to Mackers and he'll be heading up Canada, and Dougie heading up England again. That makes three of us in for sure and the secrets of the other teams may be unvailed closer to the date(insert smiley face shoulder shrugging guy here).

I heard a First Nations team is already training... China, Italy and the others...(insert smiley face shoulder shrugging guy here).

Superstar, weren't you on Canada last year? Or at least a few from PCOV were out there:confused:

I sure hope more than 5 come out to play for Ireland, according to our last kick around numbers:( .

+SC

Superstar

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC - This Superstar happens to hold an Irish Passport! You need anymore players?

Didn't play for Canada last year.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't received a schedule from Willy yet so I'm assuming it hasn't been made.

Cheers,

~Regs.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have heard that teams have been informed of when and where there games are, any chance of putting it online Regs? Or directing me to the proper location.

Cheers
JB

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught of bit of last night's exhibition game between India and Canada (open). It was 1-1 when I left, and I believed it finished as a draw.

Both teams looked tough defensively, with enough skill players in the right positions to turn a game. India had more ball possession (but I believe that was part of Canada's strategy). India was made of of mainly Sikh Temple, Indo-Akal and Hurricane players, while Canada was composed mainly of ex-Sportstown players and current Richmond United players with one SMALL exception. :)

Good luck to both teams come the scorching weekend.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ireland open played their O-30's last night in Ladner... A good chance for most of the lads to get a few touches on the ball and work on our attack (toward the beer garden obviously)... Don't really remember the score, but a good mix of youth and experience... Looking forward to Scotland and that turncoat J_B on Friday night!!!

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
India 2 - Canada 2

Decent game by both teams but both teams probably need to play much better to win the tournament.

Why the hell are we not playing on grass instead of the shite turf. With the heat, the turf is the worst surface to play on and definitely not fun.

I thought soccer in the summer time was meant to be played on grass. Guess not

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ankle Breaker said:
India 2 - Canada 2

Decent game by both teams but both teams probably need to play much better to win the tournament.

Why the hell are we not playing on grass instead of the shite turf. With the heat, the turf is the worst surface to play on and definitely not fun.

I thought soccer in the summer time was meant to be played on grass. Guess not

It would be pretty tough trying to get around that excavator just sitting there off to the side of the park doing sweet fcuk all. Oh wait...that's just Showtime:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness,

I believe the score was 7 - 3. :) Not much defense but some very nice goals.

We will be able to score goals this weekend but we need to be a lot more disciplined defensively to have any chance. Time will tell. I do know that I will be drunk for the majority of the tournament which is partially what the weekend is all about. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0