Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Keith Millar BC Provincial B Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
holy cow, a game at 8:30 am on sat, so I guess they don't want us to drink

Won't you just be wrapping up the party at that time anyways? I don't see the problem...

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
prolly heh, i hear we might be missing half of our team, well, its not like we were going to win anyways, so i'll be getting the party started :( my goal is to have less than 8 goals scored on me throught the tourney :p

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:

More like they don't want you to drink and play. I was not allowed on the field in Vernon a few years back because i had been drinking and the game officials saw me doing so. Everyone on both teams had been drinking and bullshiting at the park for 2 hours before the game. I was in the group with evryone and i got picked out to not play. I was ok with not playing as i was able to continue my beer dependency without a break. :D

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca,

Maybe the Dragons can lend you a few players? Just make sure they're not in card trouble though...

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tuna said:
FCbytca,

Maybe the Dragons can lend you a few players? Just make sure they're not in card trouble though...

Careful Tuna; weren't allblacks guilty of the same with R.K. last year??? Problem was that nobody brought it up until after the tourney. You'd best make sure that those guys who play in the Chinese League aren't out on reds either;)

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
its seems that way, I didn't check out the other groups but this is how it is in ours :
Richmond (good game premier) we will give them a run though
NK Hrvat (my team :D) recently promoted to div 1, gosh it feels good
Burnaby EAgles? finished 1st in their top league
the other guys, i didn't check

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
FCbytca said:
prolly heh, i hear we might be missing half of our team, well, its not like we were going to win anyways, so i'll be getting the party started :( my goal is to have less than 8 goals scored on me throught the tourney :p
Weren't you crying about the very same issue the last time your team played?

The World Cup starts on the 9th. Does that work for you?

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
keeper, why don't you get a life. So I cried that I couldn't get to play in the Finals (due to the beautitul scheduling by our league) at least I had a reason, cuz I sure as hell don't see you play in any finals. So perhaps once you actually get to play in any kind of finals and can't play, maybe than you might know what it feels like. As for the 8:30am, I don't care, so I don't know who is crying.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know why everyone thinks group 1 is the hardest when one team isn't even decided (Fraser Valley #3), which means they'll be a last minute entry and not very strong. NK is already complaining that half their team can't make it, and Burnaby Eagles play in ... the Burnaby League. It should be a cake walk for the Dragons.

To me the hardest group looks like Group 2, which has a solid competitor from each of the top leagues... VMSL/FVSL/RSSL/VISL.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What?

I don't know about the other teams, but Delta Metro wasn't even the best in their group this year in the FVSL ( http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/standings.htm ). The three best div 2 teams from the FVSL were Celtic, Aldergrove, and Athletics...none of which are represented at this tourney.

BTW, group 3 will be easy, too, since Athletic aren't going. A three team group.

Gotta wonder what the organizers of this cup are doing...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Delta Metro United won your Cup... that's gotta count for something and it looks like if they played their 18th game they'd only have been 1 point behind Celtic. My point is they're on par with the 3 teams you mentioned and should have a decent showing. Certainly they'll do better than whoever slots into the LUFC and Fraser Valley #3 spots, and are likely to be more competitive than teams from the lesser leagues.

I hope the tourney doesn't run with some groups of 3. I know in previous years they've invited a 4th VMSL team when a team from another league dropped out.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You didn't follow the league. Celtic essentially coasted through that group. They had one scare at the beginning, that's it. They were never in real danger of losing the division. They dropped points near the end because they were bored. Tell 'em, Bored.

The Knight's Cup is essentially a non-contenders Cup. If you look at the teams that won the real prize- Promotion- none gave the Cup much focus. I know we sure didn't, and pretty sure the other two group winners didn't give a flying fcuk about that either.

Bottom line...out of the 3 or 4 that would be invited from the FVSL, they are the weakest.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW: if the Gunners get that 3rd slot, and they send their full squad, they are my money's bet to win the tourney. They didn't win our group (they are still young and dumb), but they were probably the highest skilled and fittest team in div. 2...they just lacked a vetran to remind them that ties don't get you anything.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well after reading all this BS. Here is my take since I actually play for Delta. IF we go to this cup which looks iffy with our numbers, we aint taking it seriously, prob gonna drink every night and if we win 1 game, its a bonus. As much as Dude disses us winning the cup, all the teams we played and teams we didnt play worked and played hard. Just because you guys won your group and apparently dont care about the cup, doesnt mean other teams didnt want to win it. Regardless, Div 2A probably had a the worst teams from the groups despite you and the Gunners. Why do you spend so much time in this forum anyways Dude.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just felt the quality of the teams in the first group was really good. really, the dragons are gonna be hard to beat for any team.
nk with a full squad may give em a run. they played well against our team in the cup. And the top couple teams in Burnaby are usually pretty good from what I remember.

I like westsides chances! no bias here. hehe
late starts for your hang-overs are nice, and a favourable group. take home the cup boys.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dear friend dezza, no one was complaining that we are gonna / might be short and if you read these posts than you would notice that I did write that "we will give the dragons a run". So they may and may not have an easy goin. As far as this tourney goes, I know a lot of teams will be missing players so you never know how the teams will fair.

KRIS

May 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re:provincial B Cup

Would anyteam out there be interested in playing in tourney in August only div 2 and lower no div one or premier.. let me know

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No thanks, me and my mates are waiting for something a little less serious. By the way, anyone know when the big Divison 5 tourney is being held?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Provincial B Cup

KRIS said:
Would anyteam out there be interested in playing in tourney in August only div 2 and lower no div one or premier.. let me know
Please explain to me what this has to do with the Provincial B Cup?

(1) keep it on topic;
(2) no advertising w/o admin approval.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0