Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Keith Millar BC Provincial B Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
big juggs said:
Truth be told, FVSL has never won Provincial A or B. That's one great league. zero and four this year in provincial A. Will probably be winless in B too just like in the previous years.:eek:

agreed FVSL won't win it but div 2 fvsl is on the same level as richmond premier. If the valley is weak richmond is pathetic. Dragons probably will win and they should win but that team wouldn't finish top 4 in fvsl premier.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
agreed FVSL won't win it but div 2 fvsl is on the same level as richmond premier. If the valley is weak richmond is pathetic. Dragons probably will win and they should win but that team wouldn't finish top 4 in fvsl premier.

You're now comparing the Dragons to the Top 4 in the FVSL Premier League. :) Nice one......

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
my team was lucky to have represented the VMSL in 2003 and 2004 B cup. Having been at 2003 and 2004 and watched last year's the dominant teams have come from the Richmond premier league. The winners in 03 were Shamrock Rovers over North Delta Lions. FVSL. The winners 04 were a very young team from Campbell River over Genesis aka AFC Leopards. And last year was Richmond All Blacks over Burnaby Inter. It should have been all Richmond final last year, the Richmond Dragaons were disqualified for use of and illegal player which was messed up by the BC Soccer. Last year North Delta FC aquitted themselves very well in the semifinals against the All Blacks. The winner of this tournament is definitely dependent on your group draw. Four divisions of 4 teams . The Richmond teams are equivalent to top end of VMSL div 1 and Fraser Valey div 1. As this is meant to be a div 2 cup, I cannot figure out why BC soccer does not enforce them to enter in the A cup. Richmond Dragons is loaded with ex SFU players and has as its player -coach a Canadian national player. The All Blacks have some players that can play VMSL premier. The rest of the teams in this draw can only hope that theAll Blacks and Dragons are put in the same division for round robin play. Apart from the Richmond teams anyone from amy other leagues can win their games. Having said this, the VMSL is sending 3 extremely good teams this year . All of these teams are equal as a team but have different strengths. My only hope is that on of the VMSL teams can make it through to the final. Anyone of you that draws a Chilliwack team , watch out for extremely dirty play. In 04 an
all
Settler Pub p[layer broke the leg of a N. Delta FC young player with an extremely bad tackle, and in the next game booted one of our players in the back of the leg as hard as he could as he ran by him. The refereeing on the island was not up to par of the lower mainland as the offending player whould have had 2 red cards in this tournament. The Chilliwack players are all in their late 30s to 40s and slow. So watch out for this team.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It does seem a little strange that any team in the "premier" division of a league would be on B forms. Unless of course it's the Ladner Senior Citizens and War Amputees Premier League. There has to be a perfectly reasonable explanation that the Richmond teams don't have to enter the A cup. I'm thinking something along the lines of, oh, say, corruption.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
It really makes no sense for us to go over to the island just to get drunk and try to compete.

Maybe that is part of your problem for not winning...;)

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has anyone else noticed that this cup barely makes one paragraph on the BC soccer webpage. All the games are crammed into one June weekend. It is what it is, just a fundraiser for the hosting club.

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SmartCoach said:
Anyone of you that draws a Chilliwack team , watch out for extremely dirty play. In 04 an
all
Settler Pub p[layer broke the leg of a N. Delta FC young player with an extremely bad tackle
hehehe yeah that was dopeashell, he complained about that for like a year on TTP:D. You must be the coach from Westside Rino.

Other teams to watch out for in this tournament are the ones from smaller towns in the interior, like a Williams Lake, Prince George or a Campbell River. They tend to put together a local all star team compiled of their best players.

It looks like a couple of the FVSL teams have chosen not to compete so I have no idea who the FVSL will send. If the Port Moody Gunners enter, they would be the only threat coming from the valley, their extremely young (all under 22) and talented. I'm sure they are all in pretty good shape and can handle the 5 games in 3 days deal, and they don't look like the type to go boozing it up in the Vic nightlife so that gives them a superior advantage right there.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
wayne's world said:
FVSL know who the are sending to Victoria yet???

All games will be held at Topaz Park.

If you're into 19-21 year olds or cougars, Victoria has some great bars.

Hmmmmm....... Cougars and youngans, mabey we should go. Now thats something to play for.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SmartCoach said:
my team was lucky to have represented the VMSL in 2003 and 2004 B cup. Having been at 2003 and 2004 and watched last year's the dominant teams have come from the Richmond premier league. The winners in 03 were Shamrock Rovers over North Delta Lions. FVSL. The winners 04 were a very young team from Campbell River over Genesis aka AFC Leopards. And last year was Richmond All Blacks over Burnaby Inter. It should have been all Richmond final last year, the Richmond Dragaons were disqualified for use of and illegal player which was messed up by the BC Soccer. Last year North Delta FC aquitted themselves very well in the semifinals against the All Blacks. The winner of this tournament is definitely dependent on your group draw. Four divisions of 4 teams . The Richmond teams are equivalent to top end of VMSL div 1 and Fraser Valey div 1. As this is meant to be a div 2 cup, I cannot figure out why BC soccer does not enforce them to enter in the A cup. Richmond Dragons is loaded with ex SFU players and has as its player -coach a Canadian national player. The All Blacks have some players that can play VMSL premier. The rest of the teams in this draw can only hope that theAll Blacks and Dragons are put in the same division for round robin play. Apart from the Richmond teams anyone from amy other leagues can win their games. Having said this, the VMSL is sending 3 extremely good teams this year . All of these teams are equal as a team but have different strengths. My only hope is that on of the VMSL teams can make it through to the final. Anyone of you that draws a Chilliwack team , watch out for extremely dirty play. In 04 an
all
Settler Pub p[layer broke the leg of a N. Delta FC young player with an extremely bad tackle, and in the next game booted one of our players in the back of the leg as hard as he could as he ran by him. The refereeing on the island was not up to par of the lower mainland as the offending player whould have had 2 red cards in this tournament. The Chilliwack players are all in their late 30s to 40s and slow. So watch out for this team.

Guys can play whatever league they want to play in. If they want to play for the Richmond Dragons and play in the Provincial 'B' Cup because they're not allowed to play in the 'A' Cup, that's life. The Richmond Premier League is the best league of all-time. I witnessed it first hand.......while winning a QUAD that year. :D

Go Dragons!

Pooner

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alikira,

Sorry I missed you at the game. My other kid's session went longer than anticipated.
Will need to perhaps recruit Capt Shamrock to the Dragons... either that or Two Goal Tilley for next year!

Talk to you soon... don't wish to make predictions as anything can happen. Cheers!

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
hack said:
Maybe that is part of your problem for not winning...;)

Not winning.......we missed 1st place by a couple points and went on to win the league cup this past season. How do you think we got a berth to the B cup?? :confused: If you have read anything in this form you would see most people with the same opinion, Richmond Premier should be in the A cup. I know a few players from some the Richmond teams and trust me, they take this tourney very very seriously. Would just be nice to see the best div 2 teams from all around duke it out.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
If you have read anything in this form you would see most people with the same opinion, Richmond Premier should be in the A cup. I know a few players from some the Richmond teams and trust me, they take this tourney very very seriously. Would just be nice to see the best div 2 teams from all around duke it out.

I'm in Richmond Premier, I've been to this cup numerous times on various teams and have won the cup. Those who are taking it very, very seriously have to give their heads a shake. It is a B cup. B!!!

It is a fun weekend away and a good road trip. But we are so far removed from our competitive days it isn't funny anymore. Given the format any team from any league can beat another, it is a long 3 days on turf and hopefully sunny weather. It takes its toll.

The RSSL is almost turning into an O 35's league for former premier players, like me, who just want to enjoy a (somewhat) competitive kick around now. The days of two practices a week and doggies before and after games are long behind us.

Good luck to all teams who make the tournament and remember if Anaheim can advance to the Western Conference final anybody can! (except the Canucks)

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
wayne's world said:
FVSL know who the are sending to Victoria yet???

All games will be held at Topaz Park.

If you're into 19-21 year olds or cougars, Victoria has some great bars.

FVSL still undecided? They do sell black label beer on the island and you can take the ferry across the water instead of a rubber raft.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, let's break down the facts:

~It's a "B" Cup. No real prestige.
~It's an out of town tourney. Usually not a big deal, and even a good reason to plan a trip. Continigent on teams being allowed to fill in the gaps of players unable to attend because of other summer priorities.
~This touney isn't allowing any pick-ups.

I know, above all, the last factor nailed our coffin shut. Plus, most guys are already commited to at least one out of town tourney, many two. Throwing in a 3rd makes it tougher.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Chilliwack representative would appear to be Characters Pub. The Vernon Team based on the standings posted is North Enderby. Any word on the FVSL teams to round out the tournament entrants?(Or cannon fodder for the Richmond teams)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Richmond Premier league is the best league BY FAR and will once again destroy the opposition. You guys should just send the trophy to the dragons now and play 5-aside games while holding a beer in your hand.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Dragons will romp over their competition and then enjoy their ice teas afterwards. Wankers!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow Tuna,

What Richmond bar were you at to gain your liquid courage for that post?:confused:

+theBucwashoppinglastnightSC;)

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC,

Which Richmond bar wasn't I at? AllBlacks training runs 3-4 days/week at the Buck;)

chickenofthesea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0