Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Keith Millar BC Provincial B Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SmartCoach said:
I CAN SEE YOUR COACH HAS BEEN GIVING YOU LESSONS IN GRAMMER AS WELL AS SOCCER

It is grammar not grammer. You'd think if you were going to critique the spelling you'd be correct in your own spelling!

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, you are preaching to the converted. As I've said many times in this post this tournament barely warrants a paragraph on the BC soccer webpage. It is a borderline summer tournament and a fundraiser for the hosting club.

To give it some sort of respectability they need to change the format so it resembles the A cup, or maybe hold some preliminary matches ahead of time and then just bring the top teams from each league (or group) together to fight it out.

I just want to know who's Westside parent was on the sidelines yelling at the ref because the other team was not going for the ball and hitting them. Parents???? Little or no partying???? I still don't get it. Like Dude says, congrats to the old dudes for making a party of it!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't understand what all the complaints are. Granted, for a "Provincial Cup" competition, it should be competed for over a longer period of time, but with the way it is currently set I don't see how the winners should be denied their deserved congratulations.

At this point, there are handful of people who think the ability to win is neggated by the fact they didn't -- in The Captain's words -- blooter themselves. By Dezza's own admission, there was no curfew, guys went out for a couple and competed hard. Isn't that the point?

If not, and if true success is based on winning while falling down drunk, then perhaps Kamloops is the best measure of a team.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe they received their deserved congratulations. Now their 15 minutes is up and it is time to take the piss.

It just would have been better if alcohol was involved. Sweet, sweet alcohol. Who plays any game sober or without a hangover when you're under 30 anyways????

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One thing to pat yourselves on the back a little, but fcuking hell Keeper...ice baths? Then this beauty:
CAN SEE YOUR COACH HAS BEEN GIVING YOU LESSONS IN GRAMMER AS WELL AS SOCCER

Besides the obvious faux-pas of making a spelling error in a "grammar" piss take, your Smart Coach :rolleyes: is TTPing a player. First of all, as we all know or are learning (trust me, I'm on the fast track), those who can't play, play 2nd division, and those who can't play second division, coach. Also, how many men's coaches do you know that actually "teach"? How many grown men do you know that are teachable? At this point, you either buy in, or you don't. Your skills are not getting any better. Awareness, maybe, but that has nothing to do w/ coaching.

So, in hindsight, congrats to Westside on winning one of the many difficult tourneys this summer will offer. Well done on the ice baths, and nice to hear some guys can still keep to a curfew. Please tell me somebody sneaked out, though? Question: if they did, were they fined?

:rolleyes:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
hack said:
I just want to know who's Westside parent was on the sidelines yelling at the ref because the other team was not going for the ball and hitting them. Parents???? Little or no partying???? I still don't get it. Like Dude says, congrats to the old dudes for making a party of it!

I think you're just jealous because our team's soccer moms are hotter than your team's soccer wives.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey look, we're the feature article on the BCSA website, I guess they do care about us after all :rolleyes:

Seriously though on the topic of this tournament... It was originally scheduled for May and got pushed back to June due to field availability, so maybe there aren't really that many open fields right at the end of the season. Also, the BCSA only has so many resources - if they ran this tournament at the same time as the A Cup, Masters Cup, and U21 Cup Finals do you really think it would be better organized? The Youth Finals are even later in the summer -- end of June and beginning of July. Do you hear them bitching about player availability? You qualify for this tournament far enough in advance that it's not that difficult to make sure your team is available for one weekend in the summer.

From what I saw this weekend, everyone except maybe the JB's (who wrongly assumed Gorge would beat Delta) were taking things seriously and trying to win. Those who claim not to care are full of shite. If they really weren't there to win then why did they try so hard to sabotage each other last year by ratting on each other about ineligible players?

Also, since when is it cool to be a 35-year-old has-been soccer player with a drinking problem?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is safe to say that some teams were definitely trying much harder than others. Not too take away from your win but ice baths and quasi-curfews seem a little much for a B card tournament. I don't want to downplay things too much though. As you said, other teams were trying hard to win also. And if a different team had won they would likely be crowing mightily about it too.

Dude, I can't agree with your assessment that coaches cannot teach (at this level) or that grown men are not teachable. Coaches can make a big difference. I've seen it myself, mate.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
lol keeper, actually i'm a big fan of Shakespeare thus I shall edure and smithe the foe with all our might :D anyways wow Smart Coach wow, dats all what i'm gonna say

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap, honestly, you're full of it if that's what you believe. Coaches at this level will not improve your skill, or teach you anything. They will put in place a better training regime, and on field system, and accountability. A good coach can help you use what you have to a greater effectiveness, but they can not teach you anything new, as "Smart Coach" implies. If you get players to buy in, voila, successful coach. If not, poor coach. Simple as that. More than anything, it's about managing personalities and time.

As for youth championships...when is the last time a youth has had to drive his kid to swimming lesson, or take the family on vacation, attend to his wife during delivery, or any number of those duties that call to parents? Hopefully not too often. When I was 16, more than happy to play 6 or 7 days a week, whenever, wherever.

Listen, all I'm saying is that, great, you won a fcuking summer tourney. The speech, nice touch. But, Christ, enough already. If it were legit, it would have been planned at the same time as the others, to make sure the best competition was there. As it is, it wasn't, and they weren't.

dutchman

Jun 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
i was in victoria last weekend and attended the game on sunday and was impressed with westside not the most skilfull team, but they outworked their opponents and the constand changing of players was the key to their win.
congrats to all teams and all the volunteers who made it a great tournament.
p,s. for all the victoria based players dont forget the 10 hour soccer game this saturday at hampton, a fundraiser for the ms fund called kick ms

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take it for what its worth...."B" equals beer cup, the abusive mother from the westside team, who was a "A" cup, had her sons alcohol before, during and no doubt after the game....she and her poor old man were absolutey blotted when i showed up at half time...judging by what she looked like i know why he was blotted...he shuda been out with the allblacks the nite before cougar hunting........ ;)

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aztec,

She was the hunted and a hell of a lot quieter on the sideline than out in the wild. Yet another legendary B-cup for us to one day tell the grand kids about...

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
most of the the men's team missed out on the social on saturday night. all the women's teams showed up and were wasted. some were seen crawling back to the hotel at 3am.

looks like Vernon will host next year's tourney. North Enderby club???

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
....if true success is based on winning while falling down drunk, then perhaps Kamloops is the best measure of a team.

Are u even qualified to make such a statement? ;)

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aztec, this 'b-cup' you are describing as legendary, is this her bra size? If so you are a bad hunter.

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
well the 'b' cup on the field mighta been legendary....the 'a' bra, prowling the sidelines was no doubt attempting to compete with the cougs from victoria, she was spewing so much venom i thought she was either a sailors wife or a jetty to the hmcs vancouver......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0