Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2006 Division 2 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent ! We could use a few younger guys like him. An affinity for beer, and women who would be considered cougars if they weren't younger than us, are the main criteria !

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup play is FINALLY set to resume this weekend!!!

DIVISION 2 CUP - SEMI-FINALS

Norvan JB’s v. Westside Rino “C” - TBA, TBA
NK Hrvat v. Westside Knights - Byrne Creek Turf, SUN/ 5.00pm

I also notice both Hrvatski and the Knights have friday night league games to play ... unless B United / DPR forfeit again :rolleyes:

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
b united will show, they don't default unless they really have to, i hear next year they will actually have a decent team........but i won't play for them again. they are a great bunch though

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
Where is Dapotato these days I wonder. Did he finally fulfill his destiny and reach his inevitable outcome......OVERDOSE. I hope his one training with NK didn't make him exceed his cardiovascular capabilities.

I haven't overdosed yet Watcher. My tolerance level is very high these days. And no, the one day of training didn't exceed my cardio capacity but I did incur a six-fcuking-month hip flexor injury about a week later which has done absolutely nothing for my fitness level. That said, I will be back playing footy when I return from my backpacking trip, which is where I have been lately. I'm typing this from Goreme in Cappadocia, Turkey, you see. Went to the Fenerbahce match the other week, it was very cool. I'm almost done my three weeks here in Turkiye, then it's on to Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Berlin and maybe, just maybe, Reykjavik, Iceland if I can swing it. I bet you feel sorry for me. Good luck in the cup Watcher. Hopefully a JB-NK rematch is in the works.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan JB’s 0 - 1 Westside Rino “C”

We showed up at Kinsman to find a half-lined field with some fresh tire tracks and no opposition in site. Finally the parks board guy opened the change room for us and shortly after the JB's started to arrive. The conditions made for a bit of a sloppy game as both teams had trouble finding their touch.

The JB's defended well in numbers and seemed most dangerous on the counter. Most of the chances for both teams came off mistakes by the opposing defenses. The key to me in the match was with about 20 minutes left with the score tied at 0-0 when the JB's decided to pull a defender in favour of a striker. With 3 in the back, we finally found a way through and then held the lead to the final whistle.

Looking forward to the finals next weekend, and the Provincials in June! :wa:

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK Hrvat 1 : Westside 0

As usual, one chippy game, I must say, Westside controled much of the game, we scored a goal much vs the run of the play about the 70th mark. I would love to see these guys play about 10 years ago cuz I am sure they must have been good.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats to NK for finalizing a promotion spot, a berth at the provincials and a second consecutive trip to the finals of the div 2 cup.

nice work.

manager

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
I would love to see these guys play about 10 years ago cuz I am sure they must have been good.

Try 20 years ago young pup. You guys put up a hell of fight in the first half. You looked the most disorganized I've every seen you. We should have been up by at least 2, maybe 3 by the half.:eek: ;)

The second half was a different story. Hvrat seemed to settle down and relax. They weren't as panic'd as they were in the first half. I'd say they controlled about 65/70 % of the play.

Unlucky for us old guys. Lucky for the younguns... See you in Victoria.;)

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist said:
It was lined by game time, so what's your beef?

No beef...

I could be wrong, but it just seemed from some of the banter on here and the way your guys were showing up late that you may have been looking past us a little bit.

p.s. well done Keeper in correctly predicting our 1-0 victory! ;)

~ earning CAT teams respect one game at a time

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow, this is terrible, the final game is on friday, no time set yet, well anything between the times of 9am to 7pm is a no go for me since I will be at work and not only that but is the league on crack??? its a GOOD FRIDAY of of the most religious days of the calendar, at least for me, I am twice as pissed now, all that ****en work and nothing

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think we were looking past you guys at all. We struggled to have any build up from the mids to the forwards. It seemed at times that guys were struggling with the ball. You guys ran at us hard and we didn't move it fast enough at times. And of course lately we have been sucking on grass..............must stay on turf.

Good luck against NK.

Looks like we'll be playing the Knights for that 3rd spot in Victoria.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
uhmmm no, you will play this friday vs knights for third, read the above post, perhaps u didnt' get the hint how pissed i am at the moment

APRIL 14/15

DIVISION 2 CUP- FINAL

Game 48
Westside Rino “C”
NK Hrvat
TBA
FRI/TBA

DIVISION 2 CUP - 3RD / 4TH PLACE

Norvan JB’s
Westside Knights
TBA
TBA

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap.......... Be careful in those eastern countries, They like to decapitate blonde white backpacker guys in the name of god. Looks like there will be no NK-JB tilt in the final but NK will avenge your semi-final loss in the name of 2b. If your game was played three or four weeks ago the result would surely have been different. Oh well. I hear that Westside C is very young. Should make for an entertaining game. As far as the Knights game today. NK was missing a couple and sat one so it wasn't like we had our first unit on the pitch. We weren't looking past the Knights (great bunch of guys) but were experimenting a little. This was risky as a bite from a haggard Westsider can cause an nasty infection. Great run by the Knights with some big wins. Legends never die they just get drunker from less beer. Gonna miss Div. two but will still be keeping one eye glancing there to see how our many old nemesises are fairing.

NK has been registering alot of goose eggs lately. This speaks volumes about our goaltender. He is definately looking sound and occasionally brilliant these days. Now if only we can teach him to smile and drink beer more often. Believe you me. The Watcher (back to that third person thing) knows what it is like to be let down year after year by suspicious goaltending. Hope we get a good crowd of familiar faces out to the final.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i'd like to see all four teams make it to Victoria. . .sometimes all four semi-finalists get to go ( like Belmont, 4th place, last year).
Should be fun!

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would be great if all 4 got to go. Reuben was saying that 3 for sure, and he has to wait and see if any other teams drop out.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sloppy marking, hesitation on 50/50 balls and holding the ball too long in the first half proved dangerous but not deadly against the Knights yesterday. The second half saw us iron out some of those wrinkles and soon we were fortunate to go up one nil. It was a divine goal of the 'intervention' variety by our Minister of Defense. Looking forward to the final!

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nk Hrvat 1 - Westside Knights 0

Well before we get rolling congrats to the Nk boys for winning themselves a ticket to a new Div 1 train that leaves the station starting next September. That being said away we go to the game and the debauchery that was the end of the Knights run. We absolutely took the piss outta these guys for a solid 75 mins. only to have an errant cross go in the net. Our goalie was none to happy with his performance as it was probably one of the more weeker goals the rattler has seen in his years. With well over 30 corners and several shots on net thwarted by Hrvat in the end you could just say it wasn't our day. Hopefully a team will drop out of the provincials and all four semi-finalists will get to go party in Vick cause' I know that would be one hell of a pissup ! Anywho to Bonefish et al. it looks like one more game for us in the near future. I just have to say though that having the final three of four come out of 2B undisputably leaves our group the group of death. Well good luck to NK against the youguns' from Westside as they will definately give you a hard run as I will be cheering for the local club to pull out a cup win.

cheers , The Rattler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0