Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2006 Division 2 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
well rattler, their odds did just get better, unless the game is at night time, which is obviously not happening

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For God's sake, quit being such a whiny bitch.

The league schedules games on Good Friday every year and this year is no different. Hell, every team you've played this season has probably had key players out of the lineup because of whole host of reasons. So just suck it, shut up, and go back to your usual NK-hush-hush-before-a-big-game-team-regulated-TTP-gag-order.

:rolleyes:

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK vs WS Rino: I would expect that this will be a close game and if NK will have to come with it, if they want to repeat as Div 2 cup champs.

JB's vs WS Rino: I thought I did a fine job lining the field! The lines were straight...mostly... Anyways, This game was a tale of two halves. First half saw missed opportunities by both sides with Rino having the advantage in scoring opportunites. The 2nd half saw a cameo appearance in 'Father Time' who tilted the field against the older JB side. Just like the end of a 100m race where it seems like 1 runner speeds up when in fact the rest of field is slowing down, so too was it the case on Sunday. The younger legs of the Rino's whittled down their opposition and left them unable to mount any signficant offense. The game was their for the taking with some opportunities that included a post and a defensive error in the Rino 6yd box but it was a breakdown at the other end and what appeared to be an offside play that sealed the deal. It was a well fought game, shoulda, coulda, woulda, see you next time.

JB's vs Westside Knights: The older veterans vs the slighty older veterans should be a good game given the rivalry between the two sides and the recent tie game. I expect the level of play to be much better than our match from 2wks ago. Hopefully we will have more than 10 bodies. We could have used some subs in the last few games but such is Div 2 soccer when April rolls around.

slowmotion

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have you ever seen a dog tuck its tail between its legs and walk away?

All the Nk haters have been doing that for the last 2 months.

If you've never had your d1ck sucked?

Well all those who didnt walk away are doing that for Nk too.

Slowmotion says: Tuck your tail, pluck your wiskers yous a pussy

As for the final should I, ahhhh slow it down..

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The NK Train was derailed at the Kerrisdale tracks today by Westside Rino. 2-1.

No choo-choo'ing was heard whatsoever on the turf at Point Grey. Although there was a loud noise that came from their coach. He huffed and puffed, but he still could not win. NK Players are a good bunch of guys and I wish them well in Victoria in the Provincial Cup.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 -1 Westside over NK.

You can't fault our keeper on the goals. The first one would have beat every keeper in the league as a guy was able to blast a shot top corner on a fortuitous rebound that dropped right in front of him (23 yards out?). Lucky shot as evidenced by their 'stunned celebration.' Their second goal may have been saved, maybe not, but really it was poor marking on NK's part as they drifted a cross from a free kick over the entire box only to have it land on a Westsider's head on the far six yard box line. NK's goal was a nice bit of tic tac toe to evenit in the first. This game could have gone either way with a few bounces here or there. NK missed two sitters around the penalty shot box...one by the real Burnaby Joe and one by yours truly...who knows what would have happened had we connected on those.....but I'm a stopper, I'm supposed to miss those.:rolleyes: Congratulations to Westside as I hear they were avenging a cup loss from a few years back.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll go ahead and say what you all are thinking: slowmotion is a retard. He was one of those lucky few who spent their 5 years in high school in the "Special Ed" class.

Congrats to Rhino for their cup victory.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
yomama, nothing bad to say about goose, he has done well for the games that I could not play, so nothing to take away from him....there is no blame for any of the goals that were scored on him, I was just saying that having me play would have helped, we are the only ones to blame for the loss :D remember: if you dont' score, you dont' win, its as simple as that....so i blame it on you for not shooting at the net :p I heard we played well though

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino 2 - 1 NK

Caught about 65 min. of the game, with west side representing the CAT league well. This puts to rest the theory of div. 2 being so much stronger that it's CAT counterpart as NK did not impress me. Some of there payers will have to step down if they plan to compete in DIV 1. Rino held them in check for the most part from what I saw, With the so called sitters being more difficult finishes than an easy tap in or shot. Rino defended well with speed and numbers limiting any time for NK posession and to get set up in the dangerous areas. In the 65 min I saw Rino had the edge in chances and could of had anouther if not for NKs skiinny guy on the back who had a great game. ( good speed but held the ball too long at times, and was punished for it )

FC Bytca.

The second goal for Rino would have been tough for any keeper to stop, as the striker headed it perfectly downward on the just inside the 6 off a nice bending cross. To stop it would have had to hit the goalies foot as he attacked the ball, or the goalie sit deep perhaps behind the line and try to knock it wide with a hand on the big bounce. It would have been tough to pick out of the air as there was to much traffic infront, and the cross just cleared the traffic.

Anyhow congrats to Rino c for a good cup run and NK for promo to div 1.

slowmotion

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist said:
I'll go ahead and say what you all are thinking: slowmotion is a retard. He was one of those lucky few who spent their 5 years in high school in the "Special Ed" class.

Congrats to Rhino for their cup victory.

Ohh..im so hurt by your words...chump...I'm sorry whose going to be posting here next year....NOT ME LOSER..:wa:

As far as the cup goes well played by the rhinos..NK well we were not to bad but again it seems we always shoot ourselves in the foot by missing players in key games.:cool:

Victoria looks to be a good showing

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
slowmotion said:
Ohh..im so hurt by your words...chump...I'm sorry whose going to be posting here next year....NOT ME LOSER..:wa:
I thought you were getting replaced this summer, no?
slowmotion said:
NK well we were not to bad but again it seems we always shoot ourselves in the foot by missing players in key games.
WTF? I thought NK never shoot themselves in the foot. :rolleyes:

Excuses, excuses. Don't you think the holiday affected Westside too?

Speaking of which, congratulations, Smart Coach. I guess all those countless hours watching other matches finally paid off.

As for today, I'm picking the Knights over JB's -- but only because Point Grey H.S. used to be the stomping ground for half the guys. Neighbourhood advantage, I suppose. Good luck to both teams.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca said:
I hear that if I played it would have been our game.
FCbytca said:
yomama, nothing bad to say about goose, he has done well for the games that I could not play, so nothing to take away from him....there is no blame for any of the goals that were scored on him, I was just saying that having me play would have helped
Better keep back-pedalling, Bytca, because there isn't any other way to interpret your first comment. :rolleyes:

By the way, I meant you give you props last night -- you did an amazing job at work yesterday.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the kids from Westside as they won the game fair and square. There are no excuses like we didn't have our goalie etc etc. Sometimes you lose and thats why they play the games. All the could have would have should haves are all just piss in the wind. I'll say this though. Aside from some of the all to serious folk involved in organized sport, today was a cleanish friendly classy affair that the VMSL is very proud of according to one of their hierarchy. If this result dispells the
CAT crap theory so be it. In fact Westside C is the model Div. 2 CAT team. I want a rematch coaches only, in sumo outfits, using the center of the field as a ring, . Now thats entertainment. I will say that once you win promo and you are the defending cup champs the whole shebang is a little less exciting. It becomes more like work. NK will have to work a bit harder in order to recapture that winning feeling at the provincials this summer. Sometimes it is good to lose. Getting that shitty taste in your mouth inspires one to give a little more the next time in an effort to avoid retasting it. I for one can't wait to start training. The more doggies you do the better the beer tastes.

PS .........For the second year in a row the Watcher is the sole tallier for NK in the final. The cream always rises to the top.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
The cream always rises to the top.
And the bullsh!t gets shoveled right along with it. Such as....
watcher said:
I will say that once you win promo and you are the defending cup champs the whole shebang is a little less exciting.
:rolleyes:

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i say keeper is just a hater and i sence a little jelousy since he was not able to achieve what NK did this year :p
say what you say people, we got promoted and got into the cup finals, I think its a great accomplishment since even the sporting who finished 18-0 (which is pretty nice) were not able to do that. By the way I would like to see a friendly between NK and Sporting, it would be a nice tune up for the div 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0