Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2006 Division 2 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Douglas Park + Ref John Vegevoda 2 Temple 0

When we first saw john come to the park, we knew that the game would not be decided on the field.

How the VMSL gives us John as a ref for a fkcing Cup game is something that I cannot even comprehend.

First minute of the game, a phantom hand ball in the boxz, John gives a red to our player, and awards a pk.

Douglas scores.We play a man down. Not even 10 mins after, our player jumps for a head ball, bumps into their goalie, ball goes out. Eveyone starts getting ready for the goal kick when suddenly their goalie pushes our player, which everyone sees. So, our player pushes back.

Guess what the moron john does?

Straight red to our player, and nothing to the keeper. Even guys on Douglas were shaking their heads.

Then, down to 8 men, we send a thru ball to our speedy striker who is about to go on a break away. Someone on our sidelines yells to John to watch the play, as their player wiped out our guy as he passed the ball.

John blows the breakawy dead, comes over to our sidelines and starts telling our supporter to zxip it, AND AWARDS DOUGLAS A Free kick, in our own end!

The most amazing part was when a player from Douglas Park came over to our bench and told us that we were being robbed by the ref, and that there was no way that the game was going to be decided by the two teams on this day.

We played with 8 men for over 70 mins of the game. Our guys played well, but when you have a moron for a ref who uses no discretion whatsover, what can you do.

A special thank you to the VMSL for providing us with Father John as a ref for our cup game, you guys are an absolute joke. The guy is 80 years old, cant see, cant run, and is not even fit to ref a u-5 game.

You would think after the beating he took from Kosova that he would have learned, but i guess not.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
Douglas Park + Ref John Vegevoda 2 Temple 0

You would thing after the beating he took from Kosova that he would have learned, but i guess not.
I watched most of this one, although the score was already 2-0 by the time I showed up near the end of the first half. I did see the second red card, though, and thought it was complete horseshit. Both players should have received yellows, DPR free kick, end of story.
Not much you can do with nine men, but things might have been different if your striker had dished the ball off every now and then rather than trying to beat six players. He's definitely got skill, but once people figure out that you're not going to pass, you'll get stuffed a lot.
I was in the game in which Kosova had their "dispute" with John, and I must say his refereeing was much better in that game than it was today. :(

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your right Oggy, our striker was holding the ball, but playing two men down he basically had no support up front.

Oggy, if you can believe it, he did a better job in the second half. I guess when you hit bottom, the only way to go is up.

Was that you reading the book on the bench? if so, I was the one who came by and picked up the jersey.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:
Your right Oggy, our striker was holding the ball, but playing two men down he basically had no support up front.

Oggy, if you can believe it, he did a better job in the second half. I guess when you hit bottom, the only way to go is up.

Was that you reading the book on the bench? if so, I was the one who came by and picked up the jersey.
Yeah, I was catching up on some reading and hoping you guys would score to make it exciting. DPR are actually not too bad at the back, but going by the number of 5-on-2s they missed in the second half when you guys were pushing forward, its no wonder that was only their second win of the season.
I don't think any amount of crazy officiating would be enough to see them past Signmaster in the next round...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont 2 - 1 Maplewood (OT)

Was out of town for this one but heard we squeaked by. That's 3 wins against Maplewood this year but their older, veteran squad is a team that has a knack for hanging around in tight games and making things interesting. Definitely a team that can play spoiler in the cup. Hopefully we can get some of our bodies back for next weekend as I hear we were a bit of a skeleton crew...

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham 2- RFC 1 (OT)
We had no business even being in this match! We had our usual situation, 16 guys committed the day before, 4 cancelling on game day, and another showing up at the half. We even had 2 youth players up on permit and still only had 11to start with! Fcuking pathetic. Anyways, they took it to us, and played surprisingly well considering their weak record through the season. They had many clear-cut chances to put it out of reach in the first half, but luckily our goalie made some unbelievable saves to keep it close. We scored (on our only real threat of the half) with about 2 mins to play to make it 1-1 at the break. Then one of our players (fcuking idiot), decides to retaliate against a guy after the free-kick went against him, kicking the other guy right in front of the ref. straight red. down to 10 guys, with no gas in the tank. We pretty much defended the whole half and both overtime halves, until they finally ended it with 2 mins left in the 2nd OT. We were pushing for pks, and were almost there, but then they scored on a cracker of a shot from the edge of the 18.
I think most guys were relieved that this nightmare of a season was finally over. It's discouraging to show up at a game and wonder how many guys are gonna be there, and if we're gonna have enough to field a team, or if we're gonna have a goalie that day. The million dollar question is whether we'll be around for next season or not?! If we don't get some help in the form of new bodies, this might be the end of it, as sad as that may be. It'll be a long off-season of intense negotiations :rolleyes: to see who we can recruit, or whether we pack it in.
Best of luck to the remaining teams in the cup!

TS

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 3 - 1 WFC Rangers B

MVP: Golden Goose with a lunch bucket goal and a highlight reel goal to give NK the early 2-0 lead.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps said:

Gurps...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Vegelda ( the ref) is a nightmare.... goes without saying..
Both teams should have walked off the park.... If he refs any more games the teams shouldnt play, cuz he will make a debacle of the game...

Rufc b- 4
Kosovo- 3
Ot.....
An absolute shite show... We were luckly too have Angelo as our ref..

Deucy

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yomama! said:
MVP: Golden Goose with a lunch bucket goal and a highlight reel goal to give NK the early 2-0 lead.
There were no highlight reel goals in that match. :rolleyes:

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deuce said:
Gurps...
Vegelda ( the ref) is a nightmare.... goes without saying..
Both teams should have walked off the park.... If he refs any more games the teams shouldnt play, cuz he will make a debacle of the game...
Deucy

Seriously, if any teams have John Vegelda as a ref, I would walk right off the field. There is no point in playing if that guy is reffing, I am still bitter......If he refs any of our future games, none of our players will play the game, we will take the fines and default.

P.S. Congrats on the win Deuce.

Keeper, no match details?

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
TS said:
Wickham 2- RFC 1 (OT)
We had no business even being in this match! We had our usual situation, 16 guys committed the day before, 4 cancelling on game day, and another showing up at the half. We even had 2 youth players up on permit and still only had 11to start with! Fcuking pathetic. Anyways, they took it to us, and played surprisingly well considering their weak record through the season........Best of luck to the remaining teams in the cup!

TS

TS,

Yes, you are right...Wick is a surprisely better team than their record indicates. However, their finish is dreadful, hence, their record. I watched the 1st half and I wasn't shocked that the score wasn't 5-0 in the first 10 minutes. Wick had (counted) 11 excellent scoring chances, but scored on none of them. Decided to let my nuts defrost from the F'ckin cold weather at Wick's home field and catch a game at Adanac.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"There were no highlight reel goals in that match".........well perhaps not, but a few were good, on the other hand I AM PISSED OFF, I was promised a SPORTSNET highlight top5 plays of the day for the save that I pulled off in the second half.......and nothing ! I was watchin and waiting and watching and waiting, perhaps tomorrow right guys?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cleos 4 Ravens 0

Tough one for Ravens' keeper - he was trying hard to keep them in this one, but wasn't getting much help from the guys in front of him. Bob the Knob reffed this one. Jeatt STILL sucks....:D

Gurps ma homey - glad to see that you're getting in training with Father John's Random Call Generator for the summer league. The reason you're seeing him is most likely that Angelo ran out of other bodies this weekend. :rolleyes:

Trece

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SofaKingGood said:
Any comment on the City FC "B" vs C-Men game. The site has a 6-1 shlacking on it. Even Real Macdonald only lost 2-1.
C-Men must have had a howler. I haven't seen City FC this year, but we drubbed them 4-0 in the cup last year. We were pretty motivated after having to drive all the way to Tsawassassawassewawen to play, tho...

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
City B is not the same as last year, I think they have added alot of new players and have completely changed the team.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurp's....game's over so move on.....John should retire. You had one red card and went to 8 guys....what happened in the rest of the game....did you guys start off with not enough guys?

Hard Ballz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0