Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [2006 Division 2 Cup] Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2006 Div 2 Cup Predictions, Results & Banter

davey_bc said:
I am quit surprised that WFC Rangers didn't get that 4th spot with 30 points to Romanias 29 points??? Is the vmsl head quarters getting into figure skating judging or something:eek:

The reason that Romania got the seed is b/c they have 2 games in hand and are only 1 point behind. I'm not saying that I agree with it, but thats how they came up with it. What they should have done was give it to the next best 2nd place team in Div 2, which would have been NK. CAT and regular division soccer are two different worlds. Also, the League should put it in their constitution (assuming they have one), that whatever team has the most points prior to the draws will be seeded, irrespective if the second place team has games in hand. If games are cancelled, thats tough luck, its BC.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

davey_bc said:
Gurps,

Whats with the prediction that the 1-1-9 C-men come to Beach Grove and win:confused: That has got to be a 10-1 odds.

Davey, my bad, I din't realize that they were that far down the table, although I heard that they have been missing like half their team for most of the season, and that they would be back to full force after the break.

I'll change my pic to you lot now however after seeing their record.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

SofaKingGood said:
CAT and regular division soccer are two different worlds.

Sofa King, the top five or six team in Cat "A" could beat any of the top teams in regular Div two.

Div two is strong in each division three, maybe four teams down. That's it.

It's funny that you say NK should get the seed, yet you picked Rangers "B" to beat them.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
Div two is strong in each division three, maybe four teams down. That's it.
Here we go again with the Div 2 vs CatA vs CatB arguements. There is so much disparity between the calibre of teams at the group (CAT or Non CAT) level that your statement is pure gesticulation. The Cup games like NK vs Westside, where two top teams are pitted against each other will be a good measuring stick.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps said:
It's funny that you say NK should get the seed, yet you picked Rangers "B" to beat them.

Yes I picked the Rangers to beat them. I'm not a fan of the train. But, they should have been seeded over a CAT team. The top 2-3 teams in CAT could prob beat a few teams in
Div.2, you are right on that. I think a few CAT teams will beat some "A" teams in the first round of the cup. But, a CAT team shouldn't be seeded over a regular div team.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh well, on to the cup, and who knows what's gonna happen.

Bonefish, any predictions?

Anyone have any insight on the Douglas Park Rangers?

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

bonefish said:
The Cup games like NK vs Westside, where two top teams are pitted against each other will be a good measuring stick.

Thats true, NK is probably a better than average team in Div.2. They are not the best, but better than average. And Westside is one of the top teams in CAT. Westside 3- NK-2. And what the Hell happened to the JB's? I had you guys winning 2B this year. Did you lose a bunch of players or what?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The thing with the Cat Teams is they will not have access to their Div One Players.

I don't know how many Div one players the Rangers use, but if they do use a few, they will not be as strong as they are during regular season play.

Keeper should have some insight....

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Predictions...
The two best matchups have to be NK - WS'B' and Kosova - Richmond United. I'll take NK for the upset and Richmond U in a high scoring affair.

What about JimBeam this year... As usual the slow start(ie team does not play together in the summer), no coach and no proper consistent training all combine for a shoulda, coulda, woulda.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Douglas Park have a few guys with skill/understanding. Competent in the mid, a bit anemic up front. They work pretty hard but they are not in the best shape and usually fade in the 2nd frame.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rino "C' and the Primos game in the second round will be a good one as well.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Last year we all got caught up in the cat system vs the others. For now I think we should let the NK vs the Rangers game call this one. Two good teams from the top of their respective leagues will be a great marker for this forum. I know for our club, we are in cat to devlope players for our A team in the first division. Not because we are a lower caliber team.

As for our game, does anyone have any insight into Kosava? 43 goals for and 20 against is pretty good. And who gets home field advantage?

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gurps I'm looking for a stronger showing from you guys this year. I think with our top teams in cat we should be able to represent it more than last year

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

We got you guys this weekend. Will you have a healthy team for the game?

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree with Keeper that the teams that have 1 or no wins at all should be playing the first round to weed out the weak. It would be nice to have the top teams from each club representing the division.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Devo said:
As for our game, does anyone have any insight into Kosava? 43 goals for and 20 against is pretty good. And who gets home field advantage?

Kosova likes to attack, but doesn't like to defend. They have big gaps in their play. We spanked them and I'm sure Oggy has some insight as they beat the Albanians in both meetings this year. Just hit them hard and swear at their sideline occasionally as you are running by. They'll crash the field and you'll take the 1-0D.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Devo,

We were bitten by the injury bug last time we played you, but this week we will be back to our full line up. Game has been moved to King George as well.

If you guys can get by Kosova in the first round, you should do well in the cup.

If we can get by the first round ,we have to play Signmaster, not exactly the best draw for us, but oh well, thats the beauty of the cup.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Devo said:

As others have said, Kosova prefers to attack, but they're respectable on the back end as well. They have some good players up the middle of the pitch, but from what I remember they're weaker on the flanks. They'll play hard and they're not afraid to get a few fouls in the process, but if they don't score they seem to get rather frustrated and they start to get a little more physical. They gave us a good test in both of our games against them, but the charge from the sidelines in our second match definitely didn't help their chances in that one.

I hope for your sake that you don't end up playing at their home pitch (Clinton north?). The condition of that field is ugly ugly ugly, and I'm not even including their supporters in that assessment. :wa:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Rangers use basically no Div 1 players as far as i can tell in our 2 games against them this year.

I'm thinking we should beat C-men but then we get the Hurricanes which will be pretty tough.

It's too bad we didn't draw MAcdonald Realty as i will basically throw the game if i ever see them in the league or cup. Believe me, i can easily lose a team a game. Ask my old Delta United boys or Club i, i have lost at least 3 times to them were i lost a game they didn't win one. I really appreciate the fact they are still out there having a good time escpecially after last season.

THe CAT versus DIV 2 debate is an interesting one. I believe they should be about developing players for your so called A squads but in a lot of cases i think it is an easy way to get a second team playing where the 20-24 guys in a club can mke sure they see lots of playing time in a weekend. I know we have built our CAT team this year and don't rely very much on our A squad. (With our A squads record why would you? :D HI RUss and Davey_bc) The younger guys have leaned a lot playing this year in CAT and getting some time in Div 1. I think 4 or 5 of the guys will be on our A team squad next year and a few of the A guys will drop down to the B team. That is a perfect example of the CAT system for me. Guys pushing for spots on the A teams of your club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0