Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals [2006 Challenge Cup] Senior Men's National Championship

BC Teams @ Nationals
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What time are the semis tomorrow? I wouldn't mind checking out the games but have no idea where to find out times etc.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive,

I think I put the link in the first post in this thread - no games tomorrow - Sunday are 'semis', Monday 'finals'

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manitoba are junk, I wish we could have played them any other time other than a day after sapp. I think we will be lucky to field a team Monday at this rate.

Animal

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bandcamp said:
Can we get this fraction reduced please? That's like saying we'd beat you 24 times out of 30. Thanks in advance.
Did anyone else find that funny?

WAB said:
Real good job by Surrey FC, City of Surrey, CSA. What a load of crap! Slogging around on a cow pasture. The grass was so long I was tripped by bunkered-down soilders who didn't know the war was over. Could they cut it just once?! Could ANYONE from SFC go and look at the grass 2 days prior?! Could ANYONE take any remote responsibility instead of passing the buck?! A real big dissapointment all around.....I will go on next post.
To think Surrey FC got to host this cluster fcuk because they "hosted" a youth tourney 4 or 5 years prior. Nice decision making process.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
The grass was so long I was tripped by bunkered-down soilders who didn't know the war was over. Could they cut it just once?! Could ANYONE from SFC go and look at the grass 2 days prior?!

How was the 18 yard box?? Was it actually 18 yards?? My ASS tells me that it was actually 16.5 yards..... :eek: No wonder you guys didn't win.... WAB didn't complain that the box wasn't proper size.... Next time WAB, Next time... :rolleyes:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
To think Surrey FC got to host this cluster fcuk because they "hosted" a youth tourney 4 or 5 years prior. Nice decision making process.
I heard that SFC released the super virus HIV into the world and played a huge roll in starting WW2. THose bastards, anything else we can pin on them!:mad:
BTW, those fields are never cut short by the PARKS BOARD (even in the summer).

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is ironic is that the Firefighters head into the back of the Sapperton net followed a FF throw-in that should have been called "foul". The guy lifted his foot like a 6 year old school kid.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild said:
I heard that SFC released the super virus HIV into the world and played a huge roll in starting WW2. THose bastards, anything else we can pin on them!:mad:
BTW, those fields are never cut short by the PARKS BOARD (even in the summer).
I've already piled on my shitty lot in life, my crumby touch and my inability to have sex for more than 12 seconds at a time, but it's good to know the door is open if I need to heap more on.

Fact is, Stepchild, is it's not some hummy div 6 games being played there and it's not the bloody summer...all it would have taken is a call and a request for an extra cut. It's done all the time.

It's an easy game from sidelines...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right, it's the parks board fault... that's fricken WEAK. As KNVB said, all it takes is a phone call and maybe a bit of coordination weeks/months in advance to sort this kinda shite out.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Right, it's the parks board fault... that's fricken WEAK. As KNVB said, all it takes is a phone call and maybe a bit of coordination weeks/months in advance to sort this kinda shite out.
Errhhmm, in case I was unclear....the fields are NEVER cut short for whatever reason the powers to be keep it thick. That field floods all winter and .....ok, your right.....its weak....they should have cut it to perfection this one special time.:rolleyes:
BTW, how are the other 3 grass fields? Are they being used? I know they are cut well.

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Yeah, but I think the issue is more with the local associations/host club. The last 2 championships had their own websites.

Who are the local sponsors? Will there be any photos?

I doubt you'll see anything on TV or in the papers when a finger can't even be pulled out to post something about it on soccer-specific websites in the area :rolleyes:

There will be photos on our website following the tournament. Our photographer took a bunch of great shots of the Firemen and Sapperton games, as well as the women's games.

The lack of coverage in mainstream media is frustrating though... if it were a hockey championship, it would be all over the Province/Sun.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 2 - 1 Newfies

Newfie's get one early after sap hits the bar. 30th minute a Newfie player goes in for a high cleats up tackle - straight red. Sapperton carries the play into the second half and after numerous chances finally get the equalizer at about the 75th.

Sapperton comes close near the end of the game, but are forced into overtime. About 30 seconds into OT it's all over, a nice volley/lob over the Newfie keeper who was caught in no mans land.

Some interesting comments from the Newfie fans during the game, especially from a pair who happened to be father/son and brothers somehow?:confused:

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The final is tomorrow 12pm on the turf between Ottawa and Calgary.

The BCSA site says the FF lost 2-1. FF play for 7th tomorrow @ 11, SAP plays for 5th also @ 11.

It will be interesting to see the croud the final draws tomorrow.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can anyone explain why the finals are on turf when most of the games(if not all?) have been on grass? What a bunch of ****ing tossers. :mad:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Both finals are on grass I think.

The final is tomorrow 12pm on the turf between Ottawa and Calgary. NO 2

Also received this e-mail from the president of the MWSL........................oh the irony.......

Well guess what folks. The CSA and the "S" stands for "Stupid" have changed the time of the final from 12 Noon to 9:30 AM and from a grass field, where all the teams have played since the start of the tournament, to Turf. It's not as if either team has to catch a plane and head east after the game. Never expect much from the CSA competitions committee's and they will never disappoint you. (It was close this time but they came through, as usual).

Bob Cormack, President
MWSL

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just saw the changes on the CSA website - joke is right :rolleyes: TURF for fcuk sakes!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0