Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals [2006 Challenge Cup] Senior Men's National Championship

BC Teams @ Nationals
Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been told that Firemen are all but toast too. The other side already has two teams each at 2 and 0 and with a +6 and +7ish goals for, where as Firemen are -1. It's highly unlikely they'll move on.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
.................................ah...........................................................not yet talk to you soon.

Come on the callies!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
larsson said:
.................................ah...........................................................not yet talk to you soon.

Come on the callies!

You don't need to say anything, Larsson. You're the best player in Canada. You said so yourself so it must be true.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can we get a TTP bookie event on the Calgary - Nova Scotia game tomorrow?

Fukclarssonandupthenewscots

Linus

Oct 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know this Larrson is but he is right, Alberta are the team to beat, their bench beat Yukon 6-0, they are already in the semis (+12 in goals). Larrson, whoever you are you can predict them.

Linus

Alberta/Ontario final

Alberta 1-0

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
You don't need to say anything, Larsson. You're the best player in Canada. You said so yourself so it must be true.

Sounds like larsonn has a fan club here!!it must be nice to have someone look up to you sn...i mean larsson:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen drew 2-2 with MB so they're out now too.

As the story goes though, Dan Kerinsik(sp) elbowed some lad in the dome behind the play which only the 4th official saw, but while play continued Skinner bangs in the go ahead goal. Before the kick off could be taken the 4th official flags down the ref, tells him what he saw, so the ref disallowed the goal, sent Dan off and gave MB a free kick where it happened. Brutal luck.

I hear there were loads of scrums all game and I think Dan threw the elbow because the guy faked or missed with a head-butt.

Calgary Callies were lumping some team 5 or 6 nill on the other park and had the ass kicking continued and Fireman had won with that goal it would have meant they had enough on goal difference to become the 4th team through on the wild card.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Being retired I found the time to catch both games this morning and had to say that the fan turnout was unbelievable:rolleyes: .

Sapperton played really well this morning and i thought they were unlucky not to come out with the win. Ontario is fast and had some good counter attacks but Sapp controlled most of the play. WAB gave a full 90 chasing YBG'S around for most of the match.

The Fireman-Manitoba game was nothing short of a rugby match. Neither team played well and some of the tackles were viscious. The grass looked like it hadn't been cut since last year and was a big factor. I did witness the Human Burrito, what a sight. The incident at the end of the game was a lil confusing as the fourth ref brought it to the attention of the ref and not to many people knew what the final score was when the game ended. Still a bad game to watch.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that the correct call? Can the "4th official" make a ruling like that?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what I said so I asked my ARS, who by the way, is a big ass is his own right and he said the fourth official has the same authority as a linesman.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah but I heard the time difference between the foul and the goal was like 3 minutes. Shouldn't the 4th official have gotten the refs attention right away, like a linesman would? I think Fireboys got screwed here. I mean perhaps the fourth official can get the ref to give the card that far after the fact, but to go back and restart is absurd.

I am guessing the ref didn't add 3 minutes of time-added-on for that eh?

Even money says fourth official not from BC.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As soon as the goal was scored (nice finish) there was a large scuffle at the centre circle. The foul occured at the most 30 seconds or on par with the goal. The Manitoba guy seemed furious and was trying to get at the fireman that got sent off.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton At the Nationals

Real good job by Surrey FC, City of Surrey, CSA. What a load of crap! Slogging around on a cow pasture. The grass was so long I was tripped by bunkered-down soilders who didn't know the war was over. Could they cut it just once?! Could ANYONE from SFC go and look at the grass 2 days prior?! Could ANYONE take any remote responsibility instead of passing the buck?! A real big dissapointment all around.....I will go on next post.

Bottom line for Sapp was we couldn't finish ANYTHING this weekend. We dominated every game and shite the bed every time. We have no one to blame but ourselves......

....but I'll blame the refs and fields anyway. In the Firemen game I was wiped out 20 minutes in on the grass, but in the Ontario game the next day I ran 90 against a couple of speedsters. That field was an equalizer for Manitoba vs Sapp and Fire. Manitoba ran hard and were agressive, but put them on a decent field and they get crushed (Ontario 5-0 on the turf). They're terrible.

Manitoba
Up 1 buzz with 20 to go we had 2 chances from 6 yards out on a completely open net-screwed it up. Tie game on an own goal.

Firemen
1 buzz Fire, PK Sapp. We score, ref calls it back for guys 2 yards in the box (both teams). Next shot saved. Franks was great that game.

Ontario
They'll win it all. But it was a good game with Sapp having most of the play. But.....just couldn't put the ball in the net.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Callies Group. (btw larrson doesn't play - I beleive he is either an assistant coach or equipment manager. I'm not sure which, but I'll let lars respond.)

Here's the real kick in the nards.

Calgary plays:
PEI - Valley Div 2
Yukon - Valley Div 3 or 4
Nova Scotia - VMSL Div 1 bottom half

NS and Alberta (+7 and +12 repectively) both sit on 6 points. Both through to the semis by default. Prediction - Ontario 11 vs NS 0.

Fantastic!!!!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CSA

They are in their element here.

BIG! HUGE meeting the night before the tourney starts about dissent, uniforms, kicking the ball away, cards, blah, blah, blah......

Game time; Manitoba f-bombs at the ref right from the get go as we take the piss out of them.....NOTHING. Earring - yellow card. Thumping the ball 40 yards after the whistle blew - nothing. Black shorts under non-black uniforms - take them off, but dark, midnight blue under royal blue unis, nothing.

But wait, I guess the CSA needs money, because all of a sudden, come Friday morning, they make up a new rule; "any team that leaves behind any garbage; tape, water bottles, tissues, etc, in the changing rooms of at the benches will receive a $150.00 fine." Well I guess with only 2, yes 2 changing rooms for 24 teams they now realize they might get a little dirty. But with teams going in and out every moment of the day, who are they going to pin it on?

Just a bunch of simpletons with absolutely NO clue of what they're doing. Complete disgrace.....

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton plays for 9 through 12. Firemen 4 through 8.

The way this thing is set up is beyond words. We got Yukon up next. Manitoba vs NB and we'll play Man for the prestigous "what a waste of time" trophy.

LFCdude

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB? You dominated the game vs MB? I'll tell you what I think you may be delusional. Sapp took the game to us for the first 20 mins after we Gifted you a goal with a massive communication error between back and keeper. After that Lucania took over the game and you got dominated in every aspect. We out chanced you at least 2 to 1 and you were extremely fortunate to escape with the draw. I would love to know at what point you thought that you bunch of hacks began to take the piss out of us. Pretty sure the ref allowed you to foul at will as our central midfield made yours look stupid. You should actually thank your lucky stars that your keeper is very good. He made some huge saves!

Also no argument about the ont game they handed it to us. They had 6 chances and finished four. We unfortunately couldn't finish one of the 10 chances we had (3 of which were breakaways) and thats how the cookie crumbles.....They will win the whole thing. Your thoughts on our abilities on turf are insane. I wish we would have gotten both BC teams on turf. We would have smashed either one of you on that turf. I think at best you strung ...what maybe 4 passes together? Give your head a shake.....ask anyone who watched those games and they'll tell you that you loooked good for 20 mins then got dominated.

will agree on the grass tho.....shocking!

As well I would love to know if you are actually dumb enough to think that ONT played all their starters vs you guys when they had absolutely NOTHING to play for? I'd be disappointed with a draw considering you played the Ont bench. Fact is if we played you 10 times we'd beat you at least 8 times. I'm gonna be honest I've been to quite a few nationals with Lucania and those were the two worst BC teams I've ever played at nationals.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFCdude said:
Fact is if we played you 10 times we'd beat you at least 8 times.

Can we get this fraction reduced please? That's like saying we'd beat you 24 times out of 30. Thanks in advance.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vs ONT neither did we, so what. But 4 buzz! Come on Dude.
Too bad we won't get a chance to play you on the turf but on the crap hole again.

BTW coming from Man, it isn't very impressive that you're at almost every National championship. Hell, there's only 5 teams from Man that go in it.

When we played you, yes you guys had a terrible 1st half and played way better in the 2nd, but I feel we allowed you to come at us instead of us keeping the pressure, as well as your increase in calabre of play. But no doubt we should have buried you with the 2 sitters. Give your head a shake.

May have been the worst BC teams you ever saw, but the best Manitoba team couldn't beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0