Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 VMSL AGM

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For consistency sake the rules regarding subs should be the same at league, provincial and national levels. Not sure why Azzi is so hot on this topic as it seems to be a fairly minor change for the better - what am I missing? Is he worried about protecting the officials and their game paperwork?

You would think that if you're going to quit over something you should perhaps make it over something a bit more impactful - like wearing gloves on the pitch or long undershirts under your short sleeve jersey or maybe even a toque which I believe someone in Div 1 was caught wearing this year??? City FC? Now THAT'S worth quitting over.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
To get get back on Topic; Ballbaby snifs arse and we should string Azzi up by his toe nails and throw rocks at him because Reccos needs to make more subs.

Reccos has already stated that he isn't coaching anymore so he doesn't need to make any subs at this time. He is stockpiling sub slips though, so when parliament finally passes the substitution rule, after the gay marriage legislation, he can make five million substitutions at half-time of the next CAT game then head on out to the West End to officially marry the BC Lions kicker while sitting on KNVB's thrown.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
After attending my first ever VMSL AGM and hearing all the comments on how thing are run and some of Azzi's antics I have to say I was quite amazed by the whole event.

With so many members it is never easy to keep everyone happy but my main observation was the dictoral behaviour of Azzi. Yes it has to deal with a fair bit of whining I'm sure (and I heard some of it) but the last time I checked a board actually reports and works for it's shareholders, or in this case it's paying members facilitating the operations of the organization. Key words "works for".

Azzi blatently refuses ideas and/or motions if he is not in agreement with the idea which he didn't back up with any real reasoning.

I'm sure I'm not stating anything someone hasn't said before but as a newby to the AGM but not the league I was at times amuzed but more shocked by the end.

No one mentioned the idea of Sponsorship on the Web Site???? I thought that was the funniest moment. Azzi said we have enough money but clearly sponsorship money could help....I don't know.....things like pay or new refs or refs to take higher level training. Or how is this. Create a Scholorship in the name of the league. How narrow minded that was.

"We don't need extra money" YES....money BAD!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No one mentioned the idea of Sponsorship on the Web Site????
Don't even get me started on that :mad: Last thing I was told was that the current banners on the site pay enough as it is. Ironically, the 2 banners they have had up there since the beginning are for businesses that are owned/operated by former Metro Ford players/members. I'm trying really hard here not to insinuate anything but, well, OK I guess I am :D But anyone from the outside looking in would surely come to the same conclusion?

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Don't even get me started on that :mad: Last thing I was told was that the current banners on the site pay enough as it is. Ironically, the 2 banners they have had up there since the beginning are for businesses that are owned/operated by former Metro Ford players/members. I'm trying really hard here not to insinuate anything but, well, OK I guess I am :D But anyone from the outside looking in would surely come to the same conclusion?
Oh and to add to that am I correct in understanding one of the restaurants is his son's or cousin???? Like I say new to th AGM and was just amazed

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, and for your correct understanding, you can collect a pizza and consume it on the premises of said son's Cafe! Must be consumed before July 14th, 2005.

:D

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Yes, and for your correct understanding, you can collect a pizza and consume it on the premises of said son's Cafe! Must be consumed before July 14th, 2005.

hahahahah :D

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:

Yes. I beive that is how they pay for their banner too. "In kind" donations. No MONEY.........cause we don't need money.....JUST PIZZA!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhh but you are forgetting they started handing out stiffer fines for suspensions in order to pay for order-in pizza on Thursday nights.

Obviously it's not enough :D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was there any financial statement presented at the AGM?

Wish I had been there. I could have brought my camera and not come back.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you had of tried photos keeper, Willi would have done to your camera what that baseball tried to do the other night to the guy with the tv cam!!!

By the way, David Azzi's restaurant, the Golden Boot, has great food and well worth a visit.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank god i don't have to worry about a ****ing wop running the show. U see were metro-ford is heading well looks like the azzi cancer is going to kill vmsl.lets go callies

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI, this is from the VMSL Rules and Regulations:
Section 8 - Substitutes

8.1. In all matches under the jurisdiction of the VMSL, each team is allowed to make a maximum of five substitutions during a total game, which includes extra time when played.

Becasue this falls under "Rules and Regulations", all one would need to do is (under New Business) put a motion on the floor with the change and then it's a simple majority vote. If he doesn't allow the motion, then you have the right to stir shite up. The Executive simply doesn't have that power to pick and choose which motions from the floor go to a vote.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe the ultimatum should be thrown back at Azzi. You find enough guys to support the motion and if Azzi doesn't follow the rules of order either a whole bunch of teams just plain out quit or just let him quit. Get a seconder, vote and he can't do anything about it.

Why do guys care if he quits? Isn't it a conflict of interest if he is the pres and involved with Metro Ford? Just doesn't make any sense? Either do something or stop bitchin!

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If he quits, someone else has to step up.

Some say the devil you know is better than the one you don't.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Azzi doesn't run the meetings with Roberts Rules of Order as his guide. He could give two dumps about what anyone thinks. As long he has the support of Surrey, Westside and Metro Ford he has little to worry about. They support him and he supports them - kind of an insurance policy for clubs and the President.

Willi relies on the fact that the teams don't line up support ahead of the meeting for inititiatives such as the sub rule change. No one is going to get on the phone to line up support and few who come seem to understand the rules of meetings where motions can be made, seconded, debated and voted upon. Someone brings up the topic, Willi gives his rant and threatens to quit as it will be like kids soccer and no flow to the game...blah, blah, blah and nothing happens.

If any director were to question King Willi about having a vote of clubs on the sub rule, they'd be gone at the next AGM and those big clubs would line up behind their king.

Look at what Willi did to get rid of Joe McIntyre as a director a few years back. I still wonder how Joe didn't win in one of the two votes held that night for director positions. I know he was beat by the Westside guy on the board but in the second vote everyone I spoke to voted for Joe and still he lost. It was a surprise to me he didn't win re-election with the two votes and the independent team reps saying they voted for Joe.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgan is right and this is key. If Willi weren't doing it and he sure isn't doing it for the money, someone else would have to step up and do this thankless job. That is the key. Most in soccer want to run teams and that is where they get their satisfaction. Few want to run a soccer organization where there is NO staff but the officers and directors and not enough to pay people other than honorariums.

Willi would be fine if he wasn't such a f...king dictator and would listen to the teams on things like sub rules. He did listen to the teams in Premier on the number of teams there - he is just hung up on that sub rule issue and has limited capacity when it comes to thinking strategically on behalf of the VMSL and its clubs who enter provincial/national competition where the rules favour other provinces.

Modernization is not always a bad thing. Soccer has changed a number of rules like the step rule for GKs and offsides and even professionally and internationally, the number of subs. They should go further say in the major professional leagues as teams could take chances and bring in their young players for more time and sooner in the games if they had a chance for a free sub at the half. How many coaches and there are lots who will never use their 5 subs now as they fear a player might do down to injury so effectively means only 4 subs will play?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0