Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 VMSL AGM

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
Willi would be fine if he wasn't such a f...king dictator and would listen to the teams on things like sub rules. He did listen to the teams in Premier on the number of teams there - he is just hung up on that sub rule issue and has limited capacity when it comes to thinking strategically on behalf of the VMSL and its clubs who enter provincial/national competition where the rules favour other provinces.
Everyone has their style and some are just very one dimentional. Azzi is one dimentional in his approach to stearing the league in the direction he thinks is right. The reason he get's away with it is the fact that he does do the work and there are few that would or want to do it.

Can anyone enlighten me on why VMSL went to 3 divisions instead of staying with 4? I've been told Azzi doesn't really care about anything under Div 1 but half the Cat 2 teams either have no affiliation or are unable to compete while all three Div 2 Groupings have 2-3 teams that are just plain brutal.

Just curious on the history of WHY. Van Island has 6 or 7 fricken Div's

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can anyone enlighten me on why VMSL went to 3 divisions instead of staying with 4? I've been told Azzi doesn't really care about anything under Div 1 but half the Cat 2 teams either have no affiliation or are unable to compete while all three Div 2 Groupings have 2-3 teams that are just plain brutal.

The history, as I understood when I was coaching in the VMSL, is that Willi and the board were fed up with the brawls and crap coming from Div. 3 teams and players. If I recall correctly, that year had teams being suspended and nothing but hassles and bitches. It wasn't worth it to the League to have that kind of crap going on.

Secondly, that kind of crap coincided with Willi's and Metro Ford's "master plan" and that was the club system - CAT as we know it today.

His view was that all individual teams would disappear and no team would be admitted that was not a club team. That has since fallen by the wayside as the league directors are not in touch with the reality of many of those that serve these august officials (ie. teams and players). His view was that far fewer teams would improve the quality of soccer played locally and make the VMSL superior - has that occurred? Also, I think they believed that far fewer teams means easier access to fields which it has not.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
The history, as I understood when I was coaching in the VMSL, is that Willi and the board were fed up with the brawls and crap coming from Div. 3 teams and players. If I recall correctly, that year had teams being suspended and nothing but hassles and bitches. It wasn't worth it to the League to have that kind of crap going on
Secondly, that kind of crap coincided with Willi's and Metro Ford's "master plan" and that was the club system - CAT as we know it today.
Reccos said:
His view was that all individual teams would disappear and no team would be admitted that was not a club team. That has since fallen by the wayside as the league directors are not in touch with the reality of many of those that serve these august officials (ie. teams and players).
Interesting. I can see what they were trying to do. When I joined the league 6 years ago the "CAT" System was in place with Div 3 so I must have come in as they were moving that way. As far as I know there are stil the same number of teams or very close at least in the leage. Our Club uses the CAT system and like it but I just find 3 DIV groupings and "2 X DIV 2 Cat Groups" makes no sense with only two DIV 1 Groupings.

Off topic from AGM but they should look at

2X Div 2 Groups, 1X Cat Div and one Div 3 Group with two teams going up.

As I say not goin to happen but I was curious as to original reasons.

Cheers Reccos!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, that's just it... in theory it made sense until all those problem teams in the lowest division were just lumped into a huge second division. Or something like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0