Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 VMSL AGM

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So there was an AGM last night.

So far we know that Walks was named Official of the Year, Sulentic was named MVP and... ?

Nothing on the Excellent site nor do I think anyone should expect something.

So, what else came out of the meeting? Is Azzi back for another year? Any big changes in the constitution?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was a moment of Silence for the missing Hiker :rolleyes:

As far as i know Joe Scigliano of Columbus-Clan won the golden Boot.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
people yelling about gettin teh same ref at there games who keeps screwing them.... :confused:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB:

That's WCOTSL and VMSL. Basically, it gives the VMSL 36 new teams (6 new teams added since the end of last season) playing in a 4 division o35 structure. About half of the teams are CAT'ed to clubs in the open section; the others are not. Some of them may be looking to take advantage of the opportunity to do so; others may choose to remain as single-team organizations.

VMSL Masters (I guess that's what Willie wants to refer to us as) will keep the majority of the same rules that WCOTSL was operating under - unlimited subs, carded players, 3 underaged players per team. They have already been sharing referee scheduling and discipline with the VMSL, so no big changes there.

One thing that might be interesting (or not) is that WCOTSL directors have moved into director positions in the VMSL. Roles and responsibilities remain to be seen, but I'm guessing that they will continue to bear responsibility for their previous tasks.

beerZ,

stew :cool:

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had asked that a motion to modify substitution rules be brought forward. Essentially, it would be nice to have a structure that allowed unlimted substitutions at halftime while still keeping a 5 sub limit during the halves. This could be used in Div2/Div2-Cat and perhaps Div1Cat. i believe the response from the top was something to the effect of, "I will quit before I see a change as that"... That attitude of "conviction"(euphemetically speaking) is a nice juxtapostion to the BCSA's wish-wash handling of the Fireman/Rangers selection for hosting the Soccer Tournament.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The more things change the more things stay the same at the VMSL.

Yes Bandcamp, the rules during provincial and national play are as you describe - 5 subs during play stoppage and unlimited at the half from your 18 man roster. That is how I understand it.

Bonefish: As a former cat coach I brought this up with Willi via email and his reply to my polite question was very simple and went something like 'because we are the VMSL and we make the rules here.'

A month or so later it gets brought up the Canadians CAT coach at the AGM and Willi goes into a tirade and rant that he'd quit first before that rule came into play. What was interesting were the number of coaches and clubs who supported this immediately including Sapperton, West Van, Burnaby Canadians, etc. I don't think either Westside or Surrey spoke up for this.

I submit that our VMSL teams are at a disadvantage in provincial/national play versus clubs who use this sub rule all year round and who know how to work their bench effectively and what not to do given the team and its personnel.

It is interesting but there is NEVER a vote on this and teams mostly seem to favour this at least for CAT play.

I had situations crop up like a Premier player coming off an injury and wanting to get 15 to 20 min on a Saturday to see if he is ready to start Sunday with the Premier side. If I had too many of my own subs that day that would mean burning one of my 5 subs and possibly not playing a CAT player at all just to accommodate the legitimate needs of the Premier team and the player.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
I had situations crop up like a Premier player coming off an injury and wanting to get 15 to 20 min on a Saturday to see if he is ready to start Sunday with the Premier side. If I had too many of my own subs that day that would mean burning one of my 5 subs and possibly not playing a CAT player at all just to accommodate the legitimate needs of the Premier team and the player.
Exactly the reason for a rule change and one of big reasons we did not CAT this year....

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's rich Azzi would walk away if a rule of unlimited subs would be brought in but in true dictatorship form changes a by law right in the middle of playoffs regarding illegal players (not that I condone that). Do the bylaws even allow him to make changes like that. I thought it was up to the teams in the democratic process to vote on any and all bylaw changes. After all it is the teams that pay and players who register that bring the money. Oh sorry I forgot about the team fines that Azzi has no trouble collecting. If he wants to walk let him, quiting if you don't get your way what grade are you in?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Azzi, Azzi, Azzi... do you really think he pockets these fines, robj? Is our registration going towards Metro Fords new tops because the new coaching staff keep out growing theirs? Do you honestly believe Azzi sits on a thrown off Boundary and passes new laws as he sees fit? No, they're not and no he doesn't. There is a constitution to follow and other directors involved. Come on dude, slag away, but keep it on an even level. I

I like the provincial sub rule as well. If we're going to use a CAT system I think it'll allow teams to best better use ALL its players.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the fcuk? That post is more confusing than the time I passed out at a party in Vancouver and woke up in a graveyard in Burnaby. Or you supporting the proposed rule change or not? Sounds to me like you're trying to scrape together some brownie points from Azzi. You might want to remove your nose from his arse before he gets thrown off his "thrown".

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa! I never said he pockets the fines knvb (that's what I meant anyways). I received an email from him on a rule change in the middle of playoffs about illegal players. I was questioning if he had the authority to make that rule change without the vote of the membership at the agm. Does the constitution allow him to do that? I am not aware if he is.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is not "unlimited" subs overall that teams are asking for, it is the provincial and national rules with 5 subs during play stoppage and unlimited at the half. The last AGM I was at (not this one as I am not coaching any longer), it was using this type of rule with the CAT teams.

Consider this thoughtfully: If VMSL Premier teams played with the national rules during league play, I suggest that they would have become quite comfortable knowing what to do with the unlimited subs at the half as they had some experience with it and knew how their team would react.

I like this rule even for Premier teams as it would give a Premier coach MORE flexibility in situations like the following:
* a top player coming off an injury but there might be fitness issues and the guy can't guarantee what he can give the team in time and fitness.
* a CAT guy the coach wants to give a run and a chance to break in slowly.
* a sub who gets limited playing time.

A coach could put a sub on at the half for the 15 min run and not burn a sub until he wants to replace the guy and then the team is just down 1 sub not 2 like at present. That is one good reason to do this.

How many teams from year to year are managing to retain their subs now??

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
What the fcuk? That post is more confusing than the time I passed out at a party in Vancouver and woke up in a graveyard in Burnaby. Or you supporting the proposed rule change or not? Sounds to me like you're trying to scrape together some brownie points from Azzi. You might want to remove your nose from his arse before he gets thrown off his "thrown".
It could have been worse, Dap you could have passed out and woke up in a graveyard in Surrey with a couple of dead guys Johnny Danglers on your melon. That happens out here you know? Ask any self respecting FVSL soccer player. Or walls.

I was on the Fastshow arse waiting list but it was much too long. RF and Ballbaby booked 3 years in advance to get their 'box seats', as it were and I figured since they are both such superlative writers, why not?

I hope this all make sense now.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
It could have been worse, Dap you could have passed out and woke up in a graveyard in Surrey with a couple of dead guys Johnny Danglers on your melon. That happens out here you know? Ask any self respecting FVSL soccer player. Or walls.

I was on the Fastshow arse waiting list but it was much too long. RF and Ballbaby booked 3 years in advance to get their 'box seats', as it were and I figured since they are both such superlative writers, why not?

I hope this all make sense now.
No it doesn't and are you inhaling PAM again?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, she dumped me. I'm currently involved with Sara Lee. My Aunt Jemima set us up.

To get get back on Topic; Ballbaby snifs arse and we should string Azzi up by his toe nails and throw rocks at him because Reccos needs to make more subs.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0