Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup 2005 Pakenham Cup Banter

Which is the toughest side of the draw?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iplaysoccer

Dec 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2005 Pak Cup Banter

Whalley Storm 2 Sikh United 1

Sikh United scored some time in the first half,,, probably offside,, also a mistake by our side..

Whalley scored the equalizer before the half. Striker 12 got it,, left foot bottom right hand corner from the 18 yard box.

Whalley scored with one minute left... Steve nailed it top corner.

Whalley deserved the win,, and started to really wear the other team down...

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Does anybody know what the score of LUFC prem vs PA cat !

Cheers
Rex

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good game by both sides with lots of intensity.....Whalley pulled another 89th minute goal against us but we really shot ourselves in the foot by going down a man 10 mins into the second half.....a very weak red card when one of our guys fingered a spectator by our sideline.......the ref didn't want the game to get out of hand so he did what he thought was right to maintain control.

we played hard and it was defintely a good effort right until the end.

FTM

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Get On With It said:
Langley 2 Peach Arch Cat 0

Good game by both teams!

I'll let the boys give their breakdown.

Good start to the game as we were going toe to toe with Langley and if we'd managed to get a goal somewhere that sure would have helped. The 1st goal of the game partway through the half was a little weak as a loosely checked mark took a header from far out that slipped by our keeper's hands as he dove. After that the rest of the half we actually had Langley pinned in at times and our best chance was a header off the crossbar. Too bad the half ended with us in their end in a series of corners we were unable to capitalize on.
Second half Langley got a much better goal on a great run and equally great shot by their striker. We just didn't get through their D enough in the second half and the game slowed down a lot with Langley booting the ball out of bounds as well as keeping it in play bunched up close to the sidelines.
We played well and it's disappointing being out of the cup this early. How 'bout we change this to a double knock out format? ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry to say. Aldergrove 1 - Black Knights 3.
A handball by the BK's player in the box giving Aldergrove a PK to go up by 1, then BK's equalizing. 1-1 at the half.
Aldergrove got another PK early in the second half and elected to have the same guy take the PK. He tried to beat the keeper in the same spot but the Keeper made a great save to keep them tied. BK's got another goal to go up by one. Ref could have called a third PK on that play, but elected to let the play go on and they scored anyways.
Aldergrove started to look a little tired. Forwards made runs but had no help from the rest of the team. Despite this they still could have had a couple throughout the half but Knights cleared 2 off the line when the keeper was out of the net.

Black Knights will be pumped now. Look out.

Still think the best decision the Knights coach made was to pull Lucy. Pace and skill of play improved dramatically and that, i think, was the difference in the game.
:)

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well said Yoda.
It was a very good game and the Knights are full value for their win.
Well done boys, good works rate and some very pretty football at times.

Hate to say it, but today they played like serious contenders.
Two of their goals were beauties.

Nice game to watch.

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

In my opinion & to be 100% honest the game this afternoon couldn’t have been the best game to watch for spectators. I thought Aldergrove started the game well, there was a 20 minute spell in the first half were I thought they might beat us but for the most part they played a kick & run style. #11 who took the penalties I thought hands down was they’re best player, he was patient on the ball & knew where it had to go if the where to create a chance. Our defence played well & I’ll give them the credit for the win, yeah we scored 3 goals but our D kept 2 important goals for Aldergrove out of our net. I wasn’t too impressed with my play personally, & there keeper kick the fcuk out of my face with 8 minutes left (I slipped in to his knee or boot). We won & that’s what counts so WHOS NEXT?

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I forgot to mention I wouldn’t take another keeper in the league over Sam1, whether it’s a PK or just your regular shti the guy is solid…

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toughest side of the draw?

Now that we're officially into a round of 16. Which side (top or bottom) is the toughest?

Top Half:

SFC Rangers (1)
DMU Highlanders/PDD?
DFC Razorbacks (1)
Langley (P)
PM Fury (1)
GEU Ultra (PDD)
Chilliwack Rapids (P)
Poco Dominion (P)

Bottom Half:

Whalley Storm (P)
GEU Black Knights (1)
ND Lions (P)
GEU Ultra (P)
Delta Metro (P)
GN Sport (P)
PAU (P)
Surrey Sporting (1)

Vote on the poll.

~Skip

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

did we change anyone from being haters into believers??!?!?!?

didnt think so.

on to whalley. should be a huge test. And just a peice of advice, whalley you better not lose to us, the whole premier division would lose so much respect for you lads. ahhh pressure.

J D Walker

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

outkast said:
...... And just a peice of advice, whalley you better not lose to us, the whole premier division would lose so much respect for you lads. ahhh pressure.

biggest game of the whalleyes existence........ huge pressure ;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Big T said:
a very weak red card when one of our guys fingered a spectator by our sideline
give us details... did he at least spit on his finger first??? or was it a dry one? the latter being very deserved of a red. :D

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm 2 Su 1

I can't believe that this game was even close. When you create 20 or so quality scorring chances you hope to bury 3 or 4 at least. They scored against the play in the 20th minute when our defender past the ball to the SU forward (linesmen put his flag up for offside) and everybody stopped. He crossed it to a marked Jody Gill who was unchallenged and headed it into the corner. Obviously he wasn't offside when WE passed him the ball. We countered well 10 minutes later bottom corner form 20 yards our and created all kinds of scoring chances until finally finishing in the 89th minutes on a spectacular volley into the top corner from Steve M. The game should have been over 20 minutes in but SU battled hard and stayed in it until the end....

J D Walker said:
biggest game of the whalleyes existence........ huge pressure ;)

I hope for your sake your lot is smarter on the pitch than you are off of it ;)

The storm lost the Eventual champs 1- nil in the semi's of the Cup last year, we won Division 1 with ease (going undefeated in the second half) and took the Metro Ford Wolves to PK's in the FV Summer Knight league championship game in August. I can see how our game against an unproven Division 1 squad will be THE BIGGEST OF OUR EXISTENCE but we will see...

Obviously any cup game in a single knockout format is the biggest of the season so playing a top team or bottom team doesn't make our preperation or strategy any different. So it looks like this game is in Golden Ears somewhere...I am assuming on the new turf pitch out there. How does it look anyways, With all the rain I was very impressed with Newton this weekend....

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission accomplished on that hook

striker12 said:
we won Division 1 with ease (going undefeated in the second half)

For the love of Baby Jesus Curtis remove your fcuking swollen head out of your ass...

'With ease.'

Classic.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyone know who won the DMU Highlanders v DMU CAT? And if so, can you please share?

:D

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Striker 12, you should know better. Have you not heard how good the Black Knights are? You can brag about how good this "Storm" team did last year but thats last year.

You lot were lucky against SUFC and your gonna get your arses handed to you by this bunch of young up and comers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0