Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 AMSL Crap and Gossip...

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looked fun from the sidelines. Just got home and still burping the sausages from the BBQ~ Nice to see Regsi, yet again!

Gunners are a quality team on/off the pitch. Thanks for making co-ed the fun thing it's supposed to be :)

Next off, cooking 101 Sunday 10am Osler.

+Withbells
SC

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buddha 7 - Beefeaters 5 (I think). With that many goals it's hard to keep track. Game wasn't very fun, for me anyways, not sure what it was.
Beefeaters are a team with some talented guys and girls, problem is only 5 of the players on the field see the ball. I'll leave it up to you to figure out which 5.

Ref was new to the league, and probably didn't get a very good welcome. Called a suspect PK, didn't call the slide tackle from one of their guys on me, apparently because it was a half slide. :rolleyes:
Best one was when he called an offside on them, we placed the ball where it occurred, he then said, "just take the goal kick". Ended up being a goal kick instead. :confused:

Oh well, i had fun playing with our team, we played well. Just the game overall wasn't fun.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moody Turf

Can someone clarify the rules at Moody Turf?
We cannot drink at the field or in the parking lot at the back (refs now turn off the lights righ after the game)
But can we go to the front of the Arena and drink there?
We gathered all our stuff up and parked up front and had a few but weren't sure if that could also get us a fine as well.

Can someone clarify?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that a 'guest' referee will be in the middle for the 10 and 12 o'clock games. Apparently he got his ticket in Guatemala or El Salvador.

:eek:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the? Cappy, can I have some of that crack?

Eddie should be in fine form at 10am tomorrow. :rolleyes: Osler 'hop', look out! :wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eddie will be in disguise(sp?) tomorrow. The ref might look like he needs a haircut and will appear to be limping around the field. :)

Captain

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Eddie will be in disguise(sp?) tomorrow. The ref might look like he needs a haircut and will appear to be limping around the field. :)

Captain
Does he have cool moves?

~Regs.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Swwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttt.

How the fcuk did the big phat hippy get the gig??? :confused:

+SChopingtocarpooltomorrowam :confused:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons 4 - Broken down golf carts 3

A wonderful day for footy and a BBQ yesterday only ruined but an unbelievably awful pitch. (Osler) The grass, where there was grass, was knee deep and where there wasn't it was filled in with bark mulch. The center circle was almost literally made up of tire tracks from someone doing donuts on the pitch. The ref did well but seemed to have trouble adjusting to the pace of the match or the intensity of the players playing it, most times running past back checking midfielders and in some cases defenders. He did have a fantastic looking hair cut though.

The Dragons as usual were a bit lackluster to start with but managed to strike first when our newest member Dog Biscuit back heeled the ball in from a scramble in front of goal. BTW, Dog Biscuit... May I call you Biscuit for short? Good. Biscuit, it's proper protocol for new players to buy at least one round after their first game. Since you didn't know this we'll let you off with buying two after your second game. Thanks in advance. The Carts then came back with 3 quick tallies of their own. One scored by the Tryhardanator himself, Cart #16.

Half time came and after a pint and some verbal abuse to the Ref who was sweating profusely, looking extremely winded, and seemed to be limping we came out and applied a little dragon pressure of our own, but not with-out a little try hardness of course, (but nothing over the top... we would never do that...) and were rewarded with the two equalizing tallies. We got the winner late when I decided to play the angles, as you do, and let go a superlative super strike from 10.5 yards out. The keeper bit hard right and went for the tuft of grass that was traveling into the top right hand corner, which I of course meant to put there and couldn't recover in time to stop the ball I so obviously had just angled to go off the arse of the back checking defender then over to unsuspecting keepers back and in. All as planned and drawn up at half time by coach SC. She knows everything about banging things in off arses. Dragons win 4-3 and 4-0 on the meg count. Well down Carts. Good game.

We now sit at 2-1 for the season.

The nooner had Cheetside draw 2-2 with Beafeaters after a fairly pacey first half. Young veteran stalwart keeper Jimmy Holiday preserving the second half tie with some superlative goal tending. It's amazing he found time in between trying to land planes like he was. (SC the picture please)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
keeping on top of things

Nice read of the game yesterday KNVB, you gave a great depiction of what happened, i could almost imagine it all in my head, except the part where you played the BDGC? I was damn sure we were playing them at 6:00 last night at Kway (which i might add is looking better than last year).

Our game against BDGC was shocking BDGC 6 Buddha 3. We stunk, but it was a FUN game for all. Pretty easy going, except the girl on the GC's that got hammered by a guy............from her own team.

1-1 at half after a great performance by yours truly in goal, although i must admit they beat me short side where i thought i was standing beside the post. :rolleyes:
My apologies to our keeper in the second half as we left him stranded on numerous occasions.

then the flood gates opened. Oh well, beer was cold and dogs were hot.

I think we have an 8 day break now and match up against Gunners.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shite, who the hell were we playing then? Mountain shadow perhaps? Blue t-shirts and not the gay cheetside blue either? Dunno. They had some guy walking around like he was the president of the league or something.Complete wanker.

Thanks for the reminder Yod's, Our keeper was taken down unnecessarily three times yesterday. Three flipping times in co-ed it totally un-freaking-acceptable and not a damn call on any of them. His team mates were fined for their reckless actions.

Next up for us, I think, is the Cheetside darby on Sunday May 30. Iron chef off to follow I'm sure...

Dog Biscuit

May 11, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
The Dragons as usual were a bit lackluster to start with but managed to strike first when our newest member Dog Biscuit back heeled the ball in from a scramble in front of goal. BTW, Dog Biscuit... May I call you Biscuit for short? Good. Biscuit, it's proper protocol for new players to buy at least one round after their first game. Since you didn't know this we'll let you off with buying two after your second game. Thanks in advance.
I reckon we should fine someone a round of drinks for not telling me.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh sure like it's my fault he didn't know the rules that I just made up. How about I buy the first round right after DB (which is short for Biscuit which was already shortened from Dog Biscuit because I'm tired of typing out Dog Biscuit) buys his two and you buy one for missing our game for something silly like an "injury" and a hang over which I believe DB can help you with. The injury that is not the hang over.

Next I suppose you'll want my trophy avatar...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Moody Turf

Yoda said:
Can someone clarify the rules at Moody Turf?
We cannot drink at the field or in the parking lot at the back (refs now turn off the lights righ after the game)
But can we go to the front of the Arena and drink there?
We gathered all our stuff up and parked up front and had a few but weren't sure if that could also get us a fine as well.

Can someone clarify?

Deal is if we get caught drinking at the turf field we will not be able to use it anymore. Sucks but the Golden Spike is near by.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knobby, were you at the wrong park yesterday?

I put in a 9 hour shift at Osler, and the sunburn kept me up all night. :rolleyes: I have some great photos from yesterday's events. I even have evidence of the Dragon's interacting with both Mountain Shadow and Young Gun team members. Perhaps I'll put them in the photo gallery :)

Good times, good reffing, can't complain!

+SC

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Moody Turf

STD said:
Deal is if we get caught drinking at the turf field we will not be able to use it anymore. Sucks but the Golden Spike is near by.

So we can't drink on the field at the back, but can we move to the front and drink in the parking lot out front?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ATTRACTION!!,I didn't want to do disclose this but my hand was forced!!Apparently there is a a member of YG.INC who has a big crush on Cheatside and is looking forward to the game in 10 days!!Also I'm wonderingn if the rumuors are true about Jimmy Holiday maybe being a free agent???By the way for SC's comment earlier that YG. member is known to be around free food and bevi's so the management of YG.INC is not concerned!!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumours From The Hot Stove

Also I'm wondering if the rumours are true about Jimmy Holiday maybe being a free agent???

I've heard the Jimmy Holliday rumours as well. We've already got his initials scribed into our BBQ. We're willing to give up ten pairs of red socks as compensation.

By the way, for those keeping score at home..

YG Inc :) :)
Mt Shadow :)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0