Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 AMSL Crap and Gossip...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
I don't think any of the Beernuts remember about it..... :rolleyes: was each team given tickets? Cause I don't think we have any...?

I think you do have tickets and I could even give you the numbers on those mystery tickets if you like.

Always glad to help needy people because thats what sheep do.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
SC can you PM me details? Maybe I'll come by after the Whitecaps games, depending on where it is....
First off, these are hotter tickets than any Whitecaps game tickets :) ...

Ralph, welcome to the TTP AMSL thread. I hope you don't take any advice from anyone here on TTP... Don't forget to capotalize, speLl-cheque, inndendt, punctu-ate, and use correct Ingulash langooaage when posting...

By the way, emotion :wa: :) :rolleyes: :bronco: :D :eek: :eek: :mad: :( :confused: ;) :knvb: icons and col our come in handy in this forum... :)

Over to you Fasty ;) ...

+SC

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC,
They wouldn't put it on here if they didn't want you to use it so go to town.

On an side note regarding an AMSL game which is probably way off topic in this thread, I was so happy to hear that our 10:00AM game at Osler on Sunday got changed. Then i heard the news.

7:00PM - Windsor Secondary, North Van.!!!!!!

Are you kidding me?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently, I hold the cards for the double header game for Sunday. No pressure to make a change with our match-up against Young Guns. :rolleyes:

Yoda (colours forever)
Forget it, it's better than going out to the Osler Hop. I'm going to dig out my passport to get a stamp :D.

Dragons vs Young Guns match T.B.A. :confused:

+SC

Geeman

Apr 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, I got a phone call from Cheatside requesting a change in time. I offered Windsor since we didn't have Osler and I can get Windsor through work. I can access Windsor all day, so it doesn't have to be that late a game, but I think Cheatside's girls are in a tournament and cannot make it any earlier. They called Janice and I think she was ok with it.

Since we're on the topic, and since I have to be at Windsor to unlock everything and help put everything away, how do the Dragons feel about playing our scheduled 12:00 game at Windsor prior to the Cheatside/Buddha game? Will this work? I know some people wanted to watch some Euro games during the day anyhow.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I bid for 2pm, no ealier, but waiting on a 5pm answer from my squad...T.B.A...

BTW, I'm not playing in that very tourney on Sunday, due to co-ed commitments.

Cheatside gals are hosting the tourney via their club...best of luck with it! ;)

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's late and just got home from work not that anyone cares!!Spoke to Geeman at 12:30am and he still had not heard from Dragons.So the game is on at 12:00 at Osler.Too late for me to start making changes,people can record the France vs England match!!YG will be either short or just have enough,so I'm not gonna make changes on the fact that A)people take too long to make up thier mind b)it's not enough time for me to let YG know of the time change!!As for Yoda I agree at 10:00 at Osler is a shitty time to play but why the late notice??If Cheatside girls are hosting this tournament did they all of sudden just realize that they wouldn't be able to field a team :rolleyes: Just a side note to all teams out there it sucks to play short and not have your players out for a game,but it's also a big headache to change games around!!So if you know in advance you will be short don't wait 2or 3 days before your game cause the team you play against has to make changes that may not be convienant for them!!I'm not against helping teams out(i.e.july8th BDGCvs Cheatside now)but let's be fair to each other ;) I know people are gonna slag me for this post,but you're probably the ones who don't organize and just show up with your boots!!

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor...

Conductor... I just got home from the skybar and just wanna say your a prick !!! lol.... i love u and i ll see ya tomorrow night... Rumour has it you bought a new top from men's club.. I heard tomorrow night your gonna be every man's nightmare and every womans DREAM... Rock ya high and rock ya low and tomorrow night at the onyn we are gonna see who wants to go... I am outta here and heading for the fridge for a bottle of water.. adios.... :wa: :wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as I'm aware, there are 2 "organizers" for the league and they are Geeman and STD. So who the fcuk are you?

Put a cork in it,

~Regs.
Conductor said:
It's late and just got home from work not that anyone cares!!Spoke to Geeman at 12:30am and he still had not heard from Dragons.So the game is on at 12:00 at Osler.Too late for me to start making changes,people can record the France vs England match!!YG will be either short or just have enough,so I'm not gonna make changes on the fact that A)people take too long to make up thier mind b)it's not enough time for me to let YG know of the time change!!As for Yoda I agree at 10:00 at Osler is a shitty time to play but why the late notice??If Cheatside girls are hosting this tournament did they all of sudden just realize that they wouldn't be able to field a team :rolleyes: Just a side note to all teams out there it sucks to play short and not have your players out for a game,but it's also a big headache to change games around!!So if you know in advance you will be short don't wait 2or 3 days before your game cause the team you play against has to make changes that may not be convienant for them!!I'm not against helping teams out(i.e.july8th BDGCvs Cheatside now)but let's be fair to each other ;) I know people are gonna slag me for this post,but you're probably the ones who don't organize and just show up with your boots!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, it's been a request from another team that we make a double header. Our request was made as of 4pmish yesterday to make a change to a 2pm kick-off. We are the ones who haven't heard from the Young Guns.

Contact G, as he left a very vague answer to the request... :rolleyes:

Once again, as most of you know, I will not be near a phone nor computer technology for the majority of the day. In addition, I will be spending 12 hours supporting the Canadian Cancer Society so I have a small window frame today from 4pm-6pm to contact my entire crew prior to Sunday :rolleyes: .

Again, the request has been a 2pm kick-off, so fcuk you all if it doesn't work out.

+SC

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,my apologies to you
there are 2 "organizers" for the league and they are Geeman and STD
You are correct,but each team also has someone to organize there own group.Like SC for you guys.
so I have a small window frame today from 4pm-6pm to contact my entire crew prior to Sunday
Myself for YG,like SC,I am busy as of 1:30pm today and will not be able to call and contact everyone.So to be safe I'm sticking with the original time!SC I had a call yesterday from Geeman at lunch time about this change so either you didn't get the message until later or the other team didn't get ahold of you until later!!!Don't be upset with me,YG didn't request the change!!!
BTW, it's been a request from another team that we make a double header. Our request was made as of 4pmish yesterday to make a change to a 2pm kick-off. We are the ones who haven't heard from the Young Guns.
BTW that's 2 fcuk's for me in the last couple of posts,hopefully I'm as lucky tonight!!LOL :D

Geeman

Apr 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's all the info I know. STD can let me know what he thinks.

Yesterday morning, SC e-mailed offering a 2PM start since YG can barely field a team Sunday morning. She also noted that some players on her team wouldn't mind watching England/France.

I e-mailed Bernie and told him what was up.

Bernie looked into it and learned that 2PM made no difference. The same people from YG would not be able to make it, and it was actually worse since some players have 4PM games in other leagues.

4 PM I get a call from Cheatside requesting a change. I offer Windsor and tell them that from a personal standpoint, Windsor might work as a double header. See my previous post.

Turns out that 5PM is not great for YG. Neither is 2PM. Therefore, Bernie makes the executive decision that it's easier to play game as originally planned. He declines the 2PM offer and the 5PM offer and tells Geeman that he can go and set up Windsor on this own for the one game.

If Dragons want to reschedule for another time without penalty, they still have that prerogative. Each team has this option. Buddha does not have to oblige to reschedule since Cheatside has previously rescheduled one game. If Buddha want the free points they're theirs, but I'm assuming they'll want to play.

Buddha, Dragons, STD, let me know what's up so I can call Herb.

Otherwise, I'm assuming that 1) there will be a 12:00 game at Osler and 2) there will be a 7:00 game at Windsor.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clear as mud or in AMSL terms, Notty's special BBQ pasta sauce.

~Regswhohasthegreenlighttoplayatanytimesoitdoesn'tmattertohim.

Geeman

Apr 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
More Scheduling

I just got a fax from Herb. He's got Gates Turf Tuesday night at 6:30 and 8:30.

First game is between Buddha and Beefeaters (moved from Gates "C")

The second game can be between

Cheatside and YG. I need to hear from Cheatside on the ASAP. If Cheatside cannot make it, then maybe that contentious Sunday 12 noon game between YG and Dragons can be played?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geeman said:
Therefore, Bernie makes the executive decision that it's easier to play game as originally planned.

Otherwise, I'm assuming that 1) there will be a 12:00 game at Osler.

DRAGONS VS YOUNG GUNS

Sunday JUNE 13th, Osler 12pm Kick-off

See everyone there! :)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't forget to line the field Young guns :) ...

+SCwho'stryingtosavethegamechangeforJune27thEuroquarterfinals...

Geeman

Apr 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: More Scheduling

Geeman said:
I just got a fax from Herb. He's got Gates Turf Tuesday night at 6:30 and 8:30.

First game is between Buddha and Beefeaters (moved from Gates "C")

The second game can be between Cheatside and YG. I need to hear from Cheatside on the ASAP.
Well, Herb and I could not wait any longer for any sort of response from Cheatside, so the 8:30 game is no longer available. Instead, the game will be between YG and Gunners (taking the place of their game at Windsor next Sunday). A reminder that the Union Jackers/Barely There match on the 20th at Windsor has been moved to the morning, somewhere in Poco I believe.

Apologies for using this thread for league information items, but some team managers don't appear to be great at giving out info. Or, maybe none of their teammates pay attention to it.

STD is going to e-mail team managers regarding rescheduling procedures.

From my standpoint, I'd just like to add that I have no problem assisting teams in finding new venues and times. However, I really do need the team that cancelled to make a more concertive effort in finding a new date and time that works. On two separate occasions, Herb has gone out and found fields for make-up games, assuming that these times were suitable for the teams involved. On one of these occasions (both, if not for the Gunners), the field-time went to waste at the expense of the league.

Therefore, I'll leave it with the Beefeaters and Cheatside to take the initiative and find new dates and times for the games that they postponed.

Cheers

G

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC,

You're not really planning on having a team tomorrow, are you? You realize the France/England game starts at 11:45? :confused: If it was only Croatia/Switzerland, I could see no one caring but the Euro 2004 champions will be on display. BTW, what happened to my reffing gig? I've been working on cutting down my perspiration levels, to fit under the league maximum of 7.3 litres per half. Cheers.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0