Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 RRSL Summer Division 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dartsinthebackside,

I think Parkhead will agree that it sucks when you are playing in the middle and the ref gets to the ball quicker than you do.

The day a PLUMBER like YOU or a ref gets to a ball quicker than me I WILL retire. No questions asked.

Can't get more embarrasing than that.:eek:

Parkhead

Ssweeper

Jul 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reading the rules

Captain,

While you are at it, take a look at BC Soccer site-referees/code of ethics.
As you are unofficial take it for what it's worth.
As for Walks maybe he should read it again, although I suspect he never has, specifically item 9.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's in the Code !!!!!!

As for Walks maybe he should read it again, although I suspect he never has, specifically item 9.

Ssweeper,

The Captain and I thank you for your bit on the Code of Ethics. I guess we should turn this site into 'players views only'. Check the name of the site there mate, it's Take The Piss. If my comments get you wound up where you feel you have to bring a Code of Ethics into it, then fair enough ......... I can honestly sit back and laugh when someone has a go at me because I don't take it to heart and I expect the same from players (especially when someone tells me to fcuk off). At the end of the day, we're all here for a laugh I thought.

As for the Code of Ethics, you're 100% right ....... I hadn't read it, I now have so I'll do everyone a favour and stick to the What's for Lunch Thread. If you have a problem with me and my posts / actions, PM me ........

Walks ..... out

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ssweeper et al

What's said here should definitely be taken in stride and with a grain of salt. It's suppose to be locker room banter brought on to the internet for everyone to enjoy. I personally find it refreshing to have a honest referee's perspective on things. I know Walks personally, so I guess it gives me an advantage on his personality, so I can tell you for a fact the more you TTP out him the more he laughs. (He's a bit sick that way, but for another discussion.) I would like to tell you to stick your code of ethics up your ass, for bringing it into a summer soccer thread where no names have been named and everyone involved knows him personally. This site is for laughs, if you're incapable of sensing the humor you shouldn't be here.

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Code of ethics

Walks

The only code of ethics for this site is...

Welcome to Takethepiss.com, an online athlete community portal of sorts that attempts to serve the needs of true athletes that understand the culture of everything that being a real fan is about.

Our goal is to bring the "locker-room" banter that is common amongst all sporting pursuits onto the world wide web in a manner that most other sites can't.

How so? By refusing to censor out everything that a true fan or participant would say. Don't like foul language? Find scantily-clad women in various states of undress offensive? Abhor the use of alcohol? Then take a hike. You're obviously not capable of functioning in society and TTP and it's valued members would only drive you further toward the gaping precipice that will eventually swallow you whole.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While you are at it, take a look at BC Soccer site-referees/code of ethics.

I'll get right on that. In Guatemala, we never had a code of ethics. It was survivial of the fittest. I'm not sure how I made it but I did. Could you hook me up with a section that explains the offside rule? I've always had trouble with that one. In Guatemala, the most important code we had was to walk off the field alive. That is why I can handle most abuse that is hurled my way, whether it be on TTP or the pitch. BTW, if I looked at that code of ethics, which I won't for obvious reasons, I might have to think about what I'm doing or saying. Why the hell would I want to do that?

Thanks for concern, Ssweeper.

The Guatamalan Gretzky of Reffing

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow!!

The Guatamalan Gretzky of Reffing

If only I had known I was in the presence of greatness on Tuesday night. I would have atleast asked for an autograph.:rolleyes: Now I understand the reason behind the disguise. Blinding yellow shirt so know one can get a good look at The Guatamalan Great One.

Parkhead;)

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's get back to havin a bit-o-fun in the good old RRSL div 2 league.

It's odd for guys to take this league so serious? I thought the summer was for a good day/evening at the park, bbq some dogs, banter with the other team, chat with the ref, and of course drink beer. It's summer league!

As for Ref's - Thank God they show up to some of these comedy shows here in DIV 2 RRSL and sort things out. Sure there are going to be some clashes, and bad calls at times but for the most part it nice to have someone run the game and make the calls. Hats off the Captain and Walks for showing up each week to check for cleats and shinpads and tell us to respect the other team, no swearing all the good stuff that goes with summer soccer.

As for last tuesday- we palyed Legends and lost 5-4. Beers tasted good.....

5btthinksallthisyappinabouttherefisrubbishletsgetbacktofitbatalk

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hats off the Captain and Walks for showing up each week to check for cleats and shinpads and tell us to respect the other team

Are you supposed to check cleats and shinpads in the summer? Who would be stupid enough to wear six studs? Who wants a bad tan line wearing shin pads? Not me. Once again, these were trivial issues in Guatemala.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guatamalon Great one,

Who wants a bad tan line wearing shin pads? Not me.

This now explains the socks with the holes and runs. It's all about tan lines. GGO you always find ways around the rules.

Parkhead

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze 4 - Hammerheads 0
(i can't believe they call themselves that)

Total domination by the Blaze. I even got a shutout.

3rd Greatest Red card for Dissent ever by a Hammerhead player

and i Quote

"You ref like an old man, You Fat Bastard"

and the refs pulls out his red.

GGO, what do you think about that? Worth a red or just a yellow?

Quite frankly I'm a little disapointed that someone from the Blaze didn't come up with that.

Please note- All teams coming to Tsawwassen on Tuesday nights , are field is the sahara desert at the moment. No green grass in sight, like playing on a nice grass weave throw rug, just a little more bumpy. You can even build Sandcastles by the posts.(don't laugh, i was bored)

Ssweeper

Jul 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yellow or Red

"You ref like an old man" probably insulting old men but basically dissent = yellow

"You Fat Bastard" -offensive,insulting and abusive = red

unless of course he is fat and was born out of wedlock

;)

Referee had no choice but the red:eek:

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The field in Tsawwassen can not be any worse than South Memorial. It is basically a dirt patch with nice holes all over it. Absolutely perfect for the ankles.:rolleyes:

Parkhead

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's too much green around South Memorial. I kid you not, I felt like I was at a beach while in goal. All i needed was an Umbrella, cooler, towel and backup cooler and It would have been perfect

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Amazingly enough, it was not Walks. Maybe then it would have been Ok. Actually I think it would have been Ok if it had been said less seriously and more jokingly but he meant it seriously like he said it not like how it sounds if you know what i mean.

I just read the above. I have got to stop drinking.
60 Coronas a week is taking it's toll on my mind.
Oh well. It's all about the Vitamin C from the limes.

2nd greatest red card dissent

There's a wall and our guy is on end to screen goalie.

" hey ref, tell this fcuking faggot to keep his hands off my ass"

Greatest dissent red card.

Chick ref. Our guy's been on her all game, mouthing off other sideline, basically causing sh*t all over filed as was his job.

ref says " one more word out of you and your gone"

Reply " I've got one more word for you..... SUB!"

as he said "sub" he crossed his arms violoently in front of his face in the sub position(think basketball"

Almost pissed myself laughing as this ref had been hitting on one of my defenders the whole game(she warned him about nothing 4 times for the one on one talk) and actually asked for his number during a corner.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
13 Corona night, please excuse english. Ineed the Vitamin C

Blaze 7-Celtics 1

Not much of a agame as we scored after 12 seconds. Their kickoff we steal ball 5 touches later 1-0 blaze. Game went downhill from there. Ref was total wanker as both teams had punches throewn off ball but ref only saw one s o only one red to Cel;tics. Hope to never gt that git again. All going well at the moment for the Blaze, as even our chief plumber BR scored a hatrick on at least one of the worse goal sever. it made my OG at Manoah steves look accepatble. Goalie basically passed ball to him inside 6 yard box.

Onto Tuersday noghts game at south memorial vs god knows who. Quite frankly who cares as I'll be Getting a beating at Over 35 in Ladner. as Thistle lose yet another game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quality effort with your keyboarding skills, BlazeUrmi. Yoi onmi misswd a few qorda. :)

Who was the ref?

Club Ireland 9 A bad team 2

Parkhead with a hat-trick. I missed the first two but heard they were decent. He scored a very nice header which made the score 5 - 1 at the time, which is allowed. He was taken off right after this because the coach was afraid he was going to try and score the 8th or 9th goals. I think the Champ had 1 goal and other than that, I don't know.

Captain

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gimme a break, too much too drink. Am also playing poker right now for $150.00 tournamnet on internet. please forgive me o wise one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0