Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 RRSL Schedule: Division One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's all the fuss about ??

Good game Walks, don't take my jibes serious, even if Chris Farley was a gut and a half offside!

No worries Blakey, you were probably right as my sunstroke was kicking in about then .......... :D. Maybe Mr. Army can confirm whether he was offside or not ?? My bad .........

Overall, a very clean game and nothing stupid considering what's been posted here over the past few weeks. I'll agree with Inspector that JR (big man at the back) was their backbone. He was excellent, winning many battles and laying a good ball. Westside missed the Inspector though big time in the 2nd half after hurting his back and lost their creative 'impetus' (big word of the day).

Good game lads, best of luck to Blaze in Vernon this weekend. Sorry for not sticking around for a pint after, had loads of work to do ......... :rolleyes: .

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Grandpa Shamrock, Williams will be playing again next week. I'll make sure to give you a call and let you know to confirm

Please do, so I can come out and watch. I will miss my Thursday night 'runaround' to come and watch. Seriously. BTW, the Grandpa call was fcuking tre-men-dous. :rolleyes: You've outdone yourself again.

JR will be wearing the hoops of Club Ireland this winter and he will be a great fit. BlazeRep1, are you interested? Come out to the first practice. That's all we'll need. Good luck in Vernon.

:wa:

Monk

Nov 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers vs. Imports

Rangers had plenty of scoring chances in the first half but Bun made a couple of excellent stops. Final score should have been about 6-6 except for the keepers. Imports capitalized on some defensive lapses in the second. Catliff sent a pk off the post, and we sent some sitters over the bar. It was an unlucky outing for the Rangers.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers had plenty of scoring chances in the first half but Bun made a couple of excellent stops. Final score should have been about 6-6 except for the keepers. Imports capitalized on some defensive lapses in the second. Catliff sent a pk off the post, and we sent some sitters over the bar. It was an unlucky outing for the Rangers.

And the score was?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks, i still haven't ran past the guy on the far side off the field.

In your defense he was behind you, you couldn't see him.

As for us in Vernon, We shat the bed. We go up with 14 players and lose 2 in the first game. We had the run of play and lose 3-0. We hit 4 posts and crossbar 3 times, 3 cleared off the line. Talk about meant to be. I stopped a penalty and was quite good, no chance on any of the goals. After that lose it seemed the hearts of many of our players were no longer in it as i was one of the few positive guys afer the game. Anyway, overall a good learning experience that will bode well for our team in the future.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
quite bad

Originally posted by BlazeArmy
We had the run of play and lose 3-0. We hit 4 posts and crossbar 3 times, 3 cleared off the line. I stopped a penalty and was quite good, no chance on any of the goals.

Come on blaze, you dominated the team but lost 3-0, but the keeper was quite good:rolleyes: .
Come on man, thats like saying that Celtic dominated in the SPL, but Rangers managed to do the Treble:p .

Good to here the CA boys doing well.

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
thats like saying that Celtic dominated in the SPL

They did dominate financially , Hands of Pus. How much are the Huns in debt now? 90 million quid? 100 million? Oh it doesn't matter. They should be able to bring in a lot of talent for the upcoming season. So far they have only lost 3 players, but who is counting?

As for the Blaze, unlucky. I remember winning that title a few years ago in the rain out at Burnaby Lake. Actually, that was a 4th trophy that year. Oh the memories. :)

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, I know it doesn't make sense.

The game made no sense at all. We had 75% of possession and maybe 60 % territory advantage. We were down 2-0 about 20 minutes into the game. One goal on a corner where i was pulled down(back of my shirt was over shoulders but noone grabbed me :rolleyes: ) the second goal was on a tremendous finish on a no chance. He volleyed it, his foot being maybe 6" in front of defenders foot. We had chances and chances but could never score. From that point on we were pushing guys forward but couldn't break thru. It was a weird game that is for sure.

shamrock Rovers won the tourney from our 1/4 of the draw.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Badly sprained ankles. One could barely walk Saturday the other couldn't plant. They did however make a good performance in the Girls Gone Wild --Vernon edition.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knights 2-3 Club I.

With the score tied at 2 and Club I down to 10 men and only 3 minutes left says it all-we're not a thinking team! Full credit to Club I, as I truly believe they're the team to beat. Fielding probably not their strongest team tonight, they were still deserving of the win. I think it was John Lawrence with the trick. Great first goal from JL from an equally great feed from Club I Champ! I only hope we learned from our mistakes tonight, otherwise it's going to be a long 2nd half of the season for the Knights. Cheers Club I, and great game J. Lawrence.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goals one and three were nicely finished, but sh!t almighty, that was one of the most annoying games I've been a part of. Constant fcuking whining from both teams, crap ref, unnecessary overly-physical checks, and poor play.

Completely forgetable.

FYI: 1st Knights PK - can't comment, couldn't see it. 2nd PK - legit. 1st Club I PK - should've called the first dive, but the stomping afterwards was worth a PK.

3 PK's in one half: garbage.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze 4 - Richmond 2

nice start to game. I'm trying to get a story in with a decent pisstake in the end and we fcuking score before I had time to finish. Damn goal in the first 30 seconds. after that I went to play over 35's and missed the rest of game. Apparently never clsoe with the blaze in control the whole game.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 2 Soccer Imports 3

Unfortunate loss for us in a game where we had 75% of the play. Our final ball stunk for the most part and lots of bad decisions all over the park resulted in a very frustrating game for Delta. Yours truly picks up the only yellow of the game after a real dodgy call by Walks in the play previous to the foul. No excuse on the card though, frustration got the better of moi. Imports keeper came up big at the right time with Dolan and Merkl both playing out on the park. Must be nice to have back ups like those two.:D

Cheers:(

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game Inspector.Why couldn't you score goals for the hoops when it mattered:

That ref. makes Dante look world class. They all make mistakes and that is fine, but when they make questionable calls from 70 feet behind the play, that's when we get upset. I think all or most of the cards on both sides were simply for dissent of his shock-ing calls.

Thats one game apiece, maybe we can settle it in the playoffs.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
unnecessary overly-physical checks

Are you having us all on? I can only remember two challenges that were remotely on the dirty side, What game were you watching? Unless you count how many times the Inspector stopped running because he thought he had been fouled, his arms flapping all over. :p

FYI: 1st Knights PK - can't comment, couldn't see it. 2nd PK - legit. 1st Club I PK - should've called the first dive, but the stomping afterwards was worth a PK.

The first PK was a weak call but it had to be made. The second however was diabolical on the refs part. Our PK, however dodgy it may have looked, was weel deserved:rolleyes:

A win is a win:wa:

CIC

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our PK, however dodgy it may have looked, was weel deserved
Only the first dive was "dodgy". He was smart not to call that. Why our left back continued to kick him while he was down, I'll never understand. Cost us the game, he did.
I can only remember two challenges that were remotely on the dirty side, What game were you watching?
It was going both ways: from behind, cleats (well) up, your keeper throwing body checks instead of worrying about the ball, and such and such.

Incidentally, Sidewinder, one of those yellows -- don't forget -- was for your keeper handling the ball outside the box. I heard one of your players (don't know who) questioning (read: whining) why it deserved a card. Trust me, I know: it does.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta United / Soccer Imports

Yours truly picks up the only yellow of the game after a real dodgy call by Walks in the play previous to the foul.

Crafty ...... had no idea that was you, should've introduced yourself mate !!

Was the call in question the one that I pulled back after there was no advantage after the fella' was fouled ?? If so, you'll remember that I called one exactly the same for you guys after your big man (Mike I believe) got pulled back very late in the game about 30 yards from goal. Anyways .........

Surprised to see the Imports' team this year, quite a bit different to last year .......... many lads missing (ie. Regs, Notty, Tak, Catso, etc., etc.)

Nice to meet TTP'er 'Peter' at the match ......

Very clean game really with nothing nasty (other than Crafty's challenge :D). Well played by both teams ........

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
your keeper throwing body checks instead of worrying about the ball, and such and such

So your saying our keeper is dirty? Cheap? Too physical?

Throwing body checks is for hockey. Our keeper challenged for the ball everytime it came in his box, meanwhile your player(s) do not make any attempt at stopping before the keeper, or stepping aside.

Therefor our keeper decides to stand his ground with the ball already in his arms, instead of himself stepping aside. While your guy continues his run and ends up flat on his face when he hits into our keeper.

The problem isn't our reckless keeper throwing body checks, but your bloody forwards going full tilt into a keeper who is protecting himself.

CIC

CICwhoplaysthesamewayingoal:rolleyes:

Monk

Nov 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers vs. Bingers

Final score 2-1 for the Rangers.

Rangers struck a few minutes into the game when a pass back to the keeper was about 15 yards short, sending Jammo in on a break away. Binger's scored off a corner early in the 2nd half to make things interesting. Our second goal came with about five minutes to go, when Phil banged in a rebound. A five minute drizzle made South Memorial slippery as well as lumpy and cement-like. Its a good thing they had that pitch closed all winter. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0