Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 Kamloops August Long Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good work Stew

Well then Stew, until you give the clearance that you are willing to share, I'll be sure to respect your greed, errrr, wishes and keep my charm back at a reasonable distance...:p

Has anyone heard what the grand total of teams is this year ? I think last year it was around 84......

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
silly Mr. Brown.....

Last thing I heard from Mr. Piva was that he was anticipating about 90 teams this year, with the new over 35 category. Still haven't received a schedule from him yet, either. Has anybody else?

The sister-in-law has been at our place for the last couple of days; she confirms that the le Chateau talent will definitely be in attendance and that the girls have been buzzing about the dance at the store for most of the last month. She claims, however, that the girls "just aren't the same calibre as in the past" and she's had better crops of them previously. Why, some of them have even had to resort to getting implants to pick up the guys.....:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Looking forward to what the Pokes will be wearing for portable entertainment this year:D Haven't had enought time to do anything special for Slack-Assed United, so we'll just be our normal beer-garden-hooligan selves (look for the loudest group of buffaloes in the garden; it'll be us:rolleyes: ) BTW, I'm still accepting players at the wreck level; it's suitable ball for legends and soon-to-be legends alike:D We've lost a couple good ones due to injuries.

Down with the sickness,

Stew:cool:

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Calling all Wrecked Players

We, ChUMplain Heights, are also looking to fill some spots in the "I can drink beer and attempt to play soccer at the same time" rec division. Had a couple of wankers pull out. As most of the manager know, everyone is interested 2 and 3 months in advance but when it comes within 2 or 3 weeks all of a sudden they can't make it.

So, if anyone is interest in playing, PM me.

Cheers
Vinnie

Fruitloops bound

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excited for this one. Looks like the Highlanders have a pretty good team of drinkers, and footballers.
Juice and I are heading up Friday, I think.
Miller,
Big Burns and Nick Simon can't come now.
But Joel's brother John would like to come. Young and quick. plays outside right. gotta go.

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to hear about the implants Stew....we may have a few extra players kicking around, but none of them will commit to playing yet, so might be beer garden availability on game day. As for loudest group, that one could be interesting. Had a few people note me as being a bit too normal last year, may have to look for redemption to keep the masses happy.....

Lion, the Juice has decided that driving up to the 'loops as two greasy wops wearing track suits in your camaro was not the way to go, a ride and round of golf with yours truly was obviously much more appealling:p

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie bad.....

Is that like cougars but for guys

Vinnie obviously has not heard of the time-honoured tradition of the Kamloops Buffalo Club, and will need to be inducted over the long weekend:D :p Dumbass wop....:p :p You need to get out more often..... :D

Still not sure yet if the Beer Bull will be accompanying me...depends on his mom:rolleyes: If that is the case, not only will we be the loudest group, but possibly the most obnoxious as well. Koko is in fine fettle after warming up his lungs in Seattle and leading most of the remains of the SouthSide Sixers in battle hymns. He is also looking to defend his Tournament Fish Award from Victoria last year, and Kimmo has him training hard. We will be sadly missing Miss Murphy this year, as he has been led astray by an English bird he met in el DF....:(

Captain, we'll even take you, gammy hip and all. It may not be hoops, but we're still green:D

7 sleep-deprived nights to go.....

Stew:cool:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to know. We just purchased some nice new Kappa suits too. whatever.
I am sure young Dave will need a ride. If not, me myself. So yah. if there is an extra seat open anywhere, get back to me. ciao

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, we'll even take you, gammy hip and all. It may not be hoops, but we're still green

Stew,

The phone has been ringing off the hook with offers for me to go to Kamloops. :rolleyes: So many teams are interested in me and the bottom line is...I just don't know who to choose. :rolleyes: I would love to go but I'm injured(for a change) at this point in time. My pocket book is injured to as it has done very little over the last few weeks. Two reasons that I can't ignore. Have fun and few pints for me. Cheers.

Captain

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
groups....

What teams are in the competitive side and what are the sides???? Anybody??......Temple will be taking a team up this year...hopefully 20 guys do the job:rolleyes: ...personally, I can't wait for the barn dance

Hard Ballz:wa:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The schedules were released last night by Mr Piva.

Open division is different again this year. 7 groups of 3, with top from each group and best 2nd place team going to A 1/4's. Looking forward to getting up there but not looking forward to 8:00 am Saturday game. The Blaze once again draw our nemesis the rock'n'firkin who knocked us out 2 years ago. Damn Kamloops teams.:rolleyes:

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Highlanders cannot complain about a 1:15pm and 6:30pm round robin games. Hopefully win the group and play at 12pm on Sun.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
we had that draw last year. It sounds good but it can be decieving. The long time to the game ensures plenty of time drinking and becomes a problem if you can't get enough sobber (sober enough, at least)players.:cool: The lateness of the second game means not much time afterwards to enjoy the beer garden. Minor problems i do admit but ones to look forward to.

we're hoping to win our group then play the best :rolleyes: 2nd place team. i;m not sure how that ones gonna work out I'm thinking there's going tobe some serious tiebresking procedures neccessary.

One year I would like not to play a damn Kamloops team. they are always screwing us in the end.
Last year wasn't so bad as our Monday opponent was working at dance. They weren't drinking, PANSIES! Free booze for us thoug as they were not accepting our tickets!!!:D

Where is everyone staying up there this year?

Anyway I'll see everyone at The Blue Max or the beer garden i'm sure.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could someone with the draw's mind posting them? I know our group (RUFC) have no intention of playing soccer at this thing but it would be nice to know when we are expected to be standing on the pitch:rolleyes:

Cheers,

~P~

Oh and I hope to god the powers that be didn't put us in the competitive division, for obvious reasons!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John

It looks like RUFC and Delta will be fighting it out in the beer gardens @ 6pm to see who's squad actually want to leave!!! I doubt any of us will escape the famous Saturday beer garden!!!;)

See ya there...Guinness

BTW, Loving the late start, I play much better @ 6:30pm when I'm pished!!!:eek: Ask Knowone, Red Dragon or Mileslong.:rolleyes:

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hotels

How many teams are staying at the Executive Inn ? I heard it's Delta, and the RUFC guys and girls ?? Others ? Just crawling into work today after a nice bender weekend, touched off with all day at the Pier (old mavericks on waterfront) for Indy, beers, and babes.......getting warmed up to launch the 'loops beer garden into oblivion

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm guessing they grow tomatoes...

We're grouped in with Lethbridge Azzurri ?? What the fcuk ? A bunch of greasy farm wops ?? Play them at 6:30pm after all day in the garden. Hope LION and Juice don't sell us out to their brothers. PG seacor in the first game too, man, tough group....

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
downtown

Parkhead told me Saturday there is no way you will make a single game for Kamloops, something about finding you passed out on the field at the end of the Nations Cup?:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0