Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003 BC High School Senior Girls

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quotes

Captain,

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Confucius

Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have axxomplished with your ability

John Wooden

#3 - the money quote

The road must be trod, but it will be very hard. And neither strength nor wisdom will carry us far upon it. This quest may be attempted by the weak with as much hope as the strong. Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world; small hands do them because they must, while eyes of the great are elsewhere.

JRR Tolkien

Ill bring them but pick which one(s) you think we should inact.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We'll use two of the quotes on Wednesday......

South Delta 3 Seaquam 0

We scored 3 goals in the first 25 minutes and kind of sat back after that. Seaquam is a young team which will be good in the next two years. Overall, the girls played okay but we're still missing our playmaker. Hopefully she'll be ready for Wednesday against a decent Fleetwood team.

How much did you beat North Delta by today, Studsup? I predicted 3 - 1?

Captain

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty accurate Captain. A strong start which is nice to see since they have struggled with that as of late. Seaquam seemed like they were all in grade nine, not just a couple. From the post game handshake it looked like their coach wasn't that much older. The ref was a shocker today. He missed several calls but that wasn't the worst part of it. Instead of showing up in cleats, he had some other type of footwear on. They looked like runners to me but DITH swore they were loafers, in any case - shoc-king.

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
results

yesterday we beat semi 1-0 in a very tight game. scored in the 72nd minute. I thought our team had an absolute shocker and we struggled to put together three passes in a row at times. Semi was decent defensivly SP??, but did not have any chances at our net as our defence was equal to the task. Will be playing north delta at home on wed which will hopefully eliminate the advantage they have on all the other teams by playing on the turf regularly. Should be a good match as they are well coached by alex. see you all at the coaches meeting on the 29th at 6:00 pm at the shark club in langley. good luck to all.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studsup,

Alex coaches them well but realizes hard work is more important. They don't play a pretty game of soccer but they will certainly be looking to free number 14 with a lot of long balls. I would be surprised if they stayed within 3 goals of you. Semi must have added several players since we played them because it was 5 - 0 and could have been 8 or 9.....We play Fleetwood tomorrow. Any scouting report for me, Studsup? A win could put us into a tie with North Delta for second, depending on how much they beat Tamanawis by.

Captain

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AA

Alright, I'm here to represent the AA girls! Anyone else involved with teams in this division. L.A. Matheson is rolling along nicely this year with a 5-0-2 record, currently atop the table with an outstanding 3 GA. :D The only competition for us this year is Lord Tweedsmuir, who we just finished playing to a 0-0 draw today, and tied in our first go-round as well.

Looking forward to the Fraser Valley's!

Studsup,

What happened vs Semi!? I heard they were sho-cking (did I hyphenate correctly Captain?)

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Skip, it's shoc-king. As for Semi, they have a bunch of players who apparently play rugby as well as soccer so they weren't there when we played them.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AA Soccer

Skip,

I'm helping/assisting coach the Fraser Heights girls soccer team on a part-time basis. We currently have 3 wins and 3 losses. We have losses against Holy Cross, Archbishop Carney and Fraser Valley Christian, and have beaten North Surrey, Pacific Academy and Holy Cross. Three teams from our division could potentially qualify for the valleys, but it will be a struggle for our young team. We are comprised of mainly grade 8, 9 and 10 girls, with 3 seniors (Grade 12) and 1 junior (Grade 11).

No provincial team superstars, just community soccer players playing gold and silver, with 2 playing metro. The girls have improved and are starting to play some good footy at times, but their lack of physical size makes it very difficult in the offensive third. Our sweeper is in grade 8, but she's doing extremely well. Good luck in league and best of luck at the valleys. We are going to Campbell River in a few weeks, should be some good team bonding for the girls for years to come.

Cheers

Gilly

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly,

We will also be in Campbell River! Where are you staying and we MUST hook up. It is usually a brilliant time. I look forward to it. Max Cameron was there last year(I believe they were 'AA') and they were an excellent team. There really is very little difference between the top teams.

Gilly, I will guarantee you a winner in ONE of the horse races on Friday night, right before we go to the Voodoo Lounge.

CaptainwhohopesthisisthegillyIthinkitisandnotmickeygilley

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly,

Thanks for the update. It's always good to know what's going on in the other zones. I know your zone has a lot more quality in it than our's does, and Fraser Heights has begun a nice soccer tradition there already for being such a young school. Good on ya.
Stickley sure has made it hard on us in the lowly "Surrey" zone though, in terms of the Fraser Valley's! ;) Granted we are a weaker zone, but only one garaunteed (sp?) berth into the Fraser Valley's....with a VERY arduous three game play-off with the other zones for the second place team in our zone just to get the final wildcard berth!!? Bust our humps to enter the tourney as the 7th or 8th seed doesn't seem fair, while 2 or 3 teams are making it in from other zones, and being seeded above us. :mad: Next year, I'm attending the meting at LSS! ;)

What's going on in Cambell River?.....and why wasn't I invited? Sounds like a good piss-up.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a decent tournament, Skip. This is the fifth year in a row for us. There are always good teams and it is a great bonding session for the team and a great laugh for the coaches. The fields are always excellent and we seem to have good weather most of the time.

Captain

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campbell River

Sounds great. I'll have to get the contact info from you so I can get our girls in it next year.

Does it conflict with Fraser Valley's though???

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No. The Fraser Valleys take place during the week. The only thing it interfers with is softball :rolleyes: and Coastal Cup finals. We have two players (coincidentally probably our two strongest players) who will not be able to attend. IT's good because you leave on Thursday at lunch and come back on Saturday night. Two solid nights in Campbell River is ALWAYS enough time.......The guys name is John Jebson and he teaches at Carihi. I will ask for you when we are up there, if I remember.....:confused:

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No

The SDSS senior girls were victorious over Flying Phil and the Fleetwood Park Dragons. A 4-3 win that flattered Fleetwood who simply lumped the ball as hard as they could upfield whenever they got the chance. I missed the first half due to a cnuting meeting but in the second we played very well. The ref was atrocious, the same guy we had against Delta, missing a ton of offsides as well as making some curious calls. Hopefully we don't see him in the playoffs since he has the ability to ruin a game. As for Fleetwood, they were very physical but lucky to score as many as they did.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart,

I think we watched the same game today! :) We took the piss out of them for the first 25 minutes of the second half. We scored two to make it 4 - 1. We dominated at the start of the first half too. It was a good intense match with one team trying to play football and one trying to play ping pong. They do have some pace up front but a very suspect in the back. Our 'star' had a field day today, as I think she scored 3? Our 4th goal was a fcuking cracker. Our sweeper, who played her best game of the year, sent a probing 40 yard ball to one of our strikers who read the ball beat the defender to it and slotted it home from about 20 yards out, on an angle, into the top corner. Great stuff. Our creative midfielder played a bit today, which was good, but we didn't have our grade 9 phenom. Both teams worked very hard today but the better team definitely won. I think we finished 2nd with that win, assuming North Delta lost to Earl Marriott....Stupsup, any word?

Captain

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phlying Phil Phrom Phleetwood

Seriously, the posse had seen a number of shocking individuals in their day but Phlying Phil Phrom Phleetwood might be near the top.

Hey Captain word has it that Phil asked One Dart phor your number aphter the game as he imphormed OD that you guys were tight now.

Anyways, the match result was dephinitely phar phrom the game that was dominated by a much more intense quad that looked like they finally had game in themselves.

See ya 2morrow posse.

An hope to see Parkhead if that eyelash doesn't get in the way.

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm back

sorry boys, was on a three day bender and haven't been on the computer lately. EMS did beat north delta 1-0. I would like to go up to that tourney to skip with you and el capitan. Does anybody out there have the standings for the north and the east/west divisions??

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0