Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Referee

But whatever battle managed to appear out of the match-up was nullified by the ineptitude of the official. He issued, what seemed to be, more than half a dozen yellows in the first half alone. Most of them being pulled from his imagination.

Sounds like the f#*&ing donkey we had two weeks ago.

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Angryman how is things going.It's Paul still playing for you lot.If so tell him to come to coal harbour sme times.By the way where is my friend bandcamp haven't heard from you.Damn ou was right about finishing 9th this year.Enjoy your stay :knvb:

B.R. KELLY

Sep 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
CALLING OUT PORKRIND:

Whatsup man, cat got the tounge. All year you've been one of the biggest posters on TTP, now that you guys lost, you got nothin to say???Whats your take on the loss etc. Re-attach your balls - time for your 2 cents. Dont be such a spoilsport.
out

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BR Kelly.

Thanks for pisstaking on the blaze behalf. I've been in Cali and missed out on all the info.

West Van showed up with 8. Was their little dark haired muppet there. I would liked to have a go at him.

Fireboys are done. Now down to Primos versus Blaze battle assuming the Primos max out the rest of the way. That will br a good game.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
BR Kelly.

Thanks for pisstaking on the blaze behalf. I've been in Cali and missed out on all the info.

West Van showed up with 8. Was their little dark haired muppet there. I would liked to have a go at him.

Fireboys are done. Now down to Primos versus Blaze battle assuming the Primos max out the rest of the way. That will br a good game.

Hope it will be a good game, but we also have to deal with B United as well, so there are a few variables before we meet.

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Busy week, dobber down!!!!!

The following info is not full of excuses just responses to BR Kelly.,because he asked!! After the poor effort against Power rangers in the cup game, Most of us figured that we would have a few weeks off before we start playing league games. so needless to say that Thursday nights practise had 4 members present. Then Friday night was the big phone list episode notifying everybody that we had a game the next day. We owned B United, there are a few teams that are below them in the standings that should be higher than them. We couldn't put the ball on net!!!! They got a PK that tied it up and then a very nice header in the final 10 minutes for the win. Our goalie was out of town for Valentines Day affairs and our back up keeper was unavailable for the match so we put one of our midfielders in net for the game. But he didn't have a chance on either of the goals.

I just checked the infamous site and it has us sceduled for another makeup game I guess I had better start phoning the crew now instead of Friday night to give them some warning before we end up in the same predicament.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers Gurps

Hey Gurps- I agree seeing as how ( in my humble estimation) your third goal was the only decent goal for you guys. Although the miss hit quasi bicycle was very creative, our keeper did not do well on that one. Our lack of finish did us in (damn that xbar, again!), combined with the ugly deflection by our fullback. Always enjoyable playing you guys- a classy bunch-great finish on your third goal-he's quality. Sorry I took so long to have a look at this thread. Check the cup thread!

Erion- Paul is basically a goner-too many missed games I guess-we're playing well although struggling to score-did I see on the discilpline page that Mcdirty got another 4 games?

taco

Feb 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team meeting

Attn: All Point Grey Strikers.
Team meeting is scheduled this Friday night at one of the nuclear subs downtown between 9pm and Johnnys Pizza. That includes "Joe in Surrey" and "King 5 Sports" no excuses.

Pork and beans. Bang in trouble.

P

Put it on the board

Practice????????????

Easy now Fireboy. Only four lads out for practice hey:rolleyes:? Well when you lose this weekend to pgs'A; just remember that we had '0' lads out for thursdays practice. In fact there never has been a practice:eek:. Well not if you count night before game at the pub, haven't missed that kick about all year:wa:. Fireboys excuses are weaaaaaaaaaaaaak.

porkchop said:
Busy week, dobber down!!!!!

The following info is not full of excuses just responses to BR Kelly.,because he asked!! After the poor effort against Power rangers in the cup game, Most of us figured that we would have a few weeks off before we start playing league games. so needless to say that Thursday nights practise had 4 members present. Then Friday night was the big phone list episode notifying everybody that we had a game the next day. We owned B United, there are a few teams that are below them in the standings that should be higher than them. We couldn't put the ball on net!!!! They got a PK that tied it up and then a very nice header in the final 10 minutes for the win. Our goalie was out of town for Valentines Day affairs and our back up keeper was unavailable for the match so we put one of our midfielders in net for the game. But he didn't have a chance on either of the goals.

I just checked the infamous site and it has us sceduled for another makeup game I guess I had better start phoning the crew now instead of Friday night to give them some warning before we end up in the same predicament.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Practice????????????

Put it on the board said:
Only four lads out for practice hey:rolleyes:? Well when you lose this weekend to pgs'A; just remember that we had '0' lads out for thursdays practice. In fact there never has been a practice:eek:. Well not if you count night before game at the pub, haven't missed that kick about all year:wa:.

6 Point Grey Strikers "A" 14 5 3 6 20 23 18

Maybe that's why you guys are doing so well :rolleyes:

TS

P

Put it on the board

Re: Practice????????????

Check the fishrap on monday richmond, figure that out.

TS said:
6 Point Grey Strikers "A" 14 5 3 6 20 23 18

Maybe that's why you guys are doing so well :rolleyes:

TS

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 2 - PG 0

What can i say, PG are a better team than B UNited. But there is a reason why they only have 5 wins. Too whiny are they can't hit the net. Every sniff of an opportunity that we gave them they managed to shank the ball. Last week B United had two chances on net and they capitalized on them both. We played a very solid first half and put 2 away. The second half we they were able to hold the ball a little more but that was about it besides the ref allowing the game to get much more chippy than it should have been. Close to the end of the game one of there defenders recognized my handle and made a brief introduction but I was unable to catch who it was besides #17 I think. Any Hints????

Strike17

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
porkchop said:
Firemen 2 - PG 0

What can i say, PG are a better team than B UNited...

Official PG Striker Press Release... (or before another Striker member takes a piss)

Well the Strikers certainly wanted a good showing today (especially to back up some of our previous chirping on this page) to round out the season matches with the Firemen. Yep...no finish by our side on some decent chances but really not the reason for our 5 wins. As mentioned...half the team is new and rare for us to get all our side out. Last few games previous to this one are encouraging going into summer and then next fall. But back to this game...
Actually a good game on a fairly decent pitch up at Trimble. First half goals really had us scrambling in 2nd half (1st goal offside Firemen ?) and the play from us really looked that way. Chippy game yes...whining no...but there were alot of comments going both ways...ref, strange! (Porkchop I had to have a laugh to myself after we both went up for the ball, you were backing me off and out of mere frustration from the game I thought screw it and went up to grab the ball with my hand....and you got called....kind of says it all about the ref.)
Anyhow...good to see no serious injuries to either side and that your Keeps is ok after that really ackward fall off that collision.

Good go the rest of the way.

Out

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I don't understand is how the hell the Power Rangers are in front of Strikers in the standings??? From the games we've played, the positions should be drastically reversed...

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, it looks like 2A will be decided this weekend with the Primos travelling to the swamp in Tsawwassen to take on the Blaze in hopefully an epic tilt. Of all weekends I'm going to be away it's this weekend ... and it's not exactly like I can come back early as I'll be in Europe. SO good luck to my boys - I'm even considering giving my video cam to one of our injured players just so I can watch when I get back ;)

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze advance to Div. 1

BLAZE 2 - PRIMOS 0

Blaze have completed their season on a high note with a shutout victory over the Primos 2 - 0 at the swamp in Beach Grove. A decent game with the Blaze dominating possesion and chances at goal. Could have easily been 5 or 6 nil with plenty of great missed opportunities. The game was never in doubt with the Blaze taking the 1 nil lead five minutes into the game...a great strike by Bantu from 25 yards out. A PK 20 minutes later and Blaze were well on their way to the win. Honourable mention to the back three - Rainz, JR, and T-Huk....steller performance boyz.

Looking forward to playing against the likes of Cliff Ave. and Club Ireland next season. Our goal will be to stay in Div. 1 with plenty of stiff competition. Well done playaz.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Blaze advance to Div. 1

Blaze rep.1 said:
BLAZE 2 - PRIMOS 0

Blaze have completed their season on a high note with a shutout victory over the Primos 2 - 0 at the swamp in Beach Grove. A decent game with the Blaze dominating possesion and chances at goal. Could have easily been 5 or 6 nil with plenty of great missed opportunities. The game was never in doubt with the Blaze taking the 1 nil lead five minutes into the game...a great strike by Bantu from 25 yards out. A PK 20 minutes later and Blaze were well on their way to the win. Honourable mention to the back three - Rainz, JR, and T-Huk....steller performance boyz.

Looking forward to playing against the likes of Cliff Ave. and Club Ireland next season. Our goal will be to stay in Div. 1 with plenty of stiff competition. Well done playaz.

Congrats to the Blaze on the promotion. I did predict it awhile ago. They actually have a decent bunch of guys(except for DITH) ;) and deserve to get promoted. Well done, Blaze.

B.R. KELLY

Sep 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Motha F'n BLAZE

Pretty fitting that on the LEAP day of a LEAP year, the BLAZE LEAP upto div. 1. All over the Primos from the first whistle...our goalie dednt even need to make any saves all game. We frustrated the shizzle ouuta them all day long.Hey #22 - you have a really small peenis. NICE cheap shots fagggit.Dont worry, the champagne is numbing the pain anywayz. Other than that dork, the primos have a pretty class team, was a clean game for the most part. We honestly should have burried 5 more sitters where their butterfinger goalie tried to set our guys up, but 2 was all we needed on this day. 3 games vs. primos. - BLAZE 8- Primos - 0.

WE DESERVE IT
-out :wa:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Blaze advance to Div. 1

Captain Shamrock said:
Congrats to the Blaze on the promotion. I did predict it awhile ago. They actually have a decent bunch of guys(except for DITH) ;) and deserve to get promoted. Well done, Blaze.

Cheers Captain. Hope to see you boys next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0