Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creedence

Nov 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a weekend. With the exception of the WUSSY vs Richmond game - not a bad weekend. Always nice to see HomeCrossDresser and Signmaster eat it. All that big offence you were so eager to talk about seems to have gone the way of the Canucks power play - love it. And all that trash-talking about the JB offense, and yet our records are so close now ... hmmmmm. Hindsight is a bitch isn't it. Hope the good fortune continues for you.

Not a bad game tonight. We definitely felt the holidays and didn't come out with the strongest performance. But still managed to keep things rolling. Ravens aren't bad, but they bitch constantly and kill their own momentum. JBs put on the pressure here and there and made it count. If only we started out the 2003-04 campaign with the same drive .....

Good luck next week!!

fingers

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
champlain keeps-
i know how you feel when no one shows up for your games.
we had 8 guys total on saturday. sucks. lost 2-0.
time for some changes...

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A makeup game at 2pm on superbowl Sunday. Sacriligeous. Please be rained out. I goto beer to drink and wings to eat that day.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Oh, come on.

knvb said:
What makes Superbowl Sunday different from any other day for you, Blaze?

Good point. However, Being SuperBowl sunday there is a group of guys from Ladner who have been having a party every Superbowl for 17 years so far. Me being part of that group have worked my way up in the hierarchy to get a seat on the couch in the front row this year.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze V. Firefighters

Well looks like the primos might have "donate" some stellas to the firefighters for their help this weekend. Any recap of the game from either side??

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze did everything they could to give away 3 points.

The field was horrible!!!! The first half was fairly evenly played with a couple of yellows thrown at Blaze, Halftime score 1-0 Blaze. Second half Blaze go up 2-0 on a free kick from 22 yards out. Lovely hit. Then the Blaze started taking more yellows. Next you know they're down to 9 men and Firemen get 2 to take 2 points away from the Blaze and leave with a tie. Unfortunately for Firemen we are still 5 points back.

Lets hope PG Strikers can look after NV Primos today and keep the race down to 2 teams.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why don't you guys battle it out for promotion??

porkchop said:
Lets hope PG Strikers can look after NV Primos today and keep the race down to 2 teams.

And they did. Tell you guys what why don't you guys go on to promotion and we will stay here cuz we don't really want it that bad.

At least that's what our play against PG said today as they handed us a 4-1 embarrasement making us look more like a quality 3rd div. team then a quality 2nd. div team.

We shite the bed numerous times in the box missing 3-4 footers with ease and also let their forwards and midfielders run past us whilst trying to play catch up but our obviously rusty legs couldn't make up the difference this day.

To sum it up they scored their chances we didn't. They were up 2-1 at half with our lone goal coming in the last 10 min. Second half saw them pot the third of a penalty just outside the box and the man on the ball doing everything except pointing to the guy he was going to cross it to. And they put the icing on their primos cake with the fourth mid way through.

Hopefully we can regroup for cup play.

thebirdbeginsdrinkingfeverishlyinhopesofforgettingtheghorroroftheday

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Why don't you guys battle it out for promotion??

Big Bird said:
our obviously rusty legs couldn't make up the difference this day.

I guess not playing a game in over two months will do that to you.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze, Primos, FF

Not the weekend I would have predicted on Friday. We should have handled the FF easily yesterday but shot ourselves in the foot playing 2 men down in the second half. The ref was a complete donkey and tried his best to hand the game to FF. The FF battled hard and there was no cheap shite like the previous match.

I'm surprised to say the least regarding the outcome of the Primos match with Pt. Grey. Primos have basically handed Blaze promotion with that loss.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're welcome ... Bird summed it up - they were ready for us, and we were not ready for anything. It was pretty bad ... horrible actually.

P

Put it on the board

Re: Why don't you guys battle it out for promotion??

"We shite the bed numerous times in the box missing 3-4 footers with ease"

Easy now home boy. Numerous 3-4 footers??? I'll give you 'numerous' 20-30 footers maybe.

Whatever, our jerseys cause us to see two different games. Bottem Line 4-1. Last four games for the strikers.... 12 goals for... 2 against. Not bad for a 'shite' team. Now when do we get to smack the fireman around?

2 reds for Blaze??? NO WAY!!

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FIRST OF ALL
Many thanks to PG!

You have helped us out so far in our quest for promo......

You have done us a few favours since the break.
BUT...... Me thinks that you might have "peeked" tooo soon.

Can't wait for the rematch....

And lookin' forward to the CUP draw!!!!!!!!!

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time for Primos to redeem themselves with a win over Blaze and for West Van to show for at least one of there games against Blaze and I think FF will be whistling into Div 1 in no time!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Strike17

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soooo, with that...14 games into our season the Strikers 'A' have found a bit of a stride to our game. With half of the team leaving before the start of this season we had to fill the roster quickly during the off season, and now have a bit more of a comfort level to where each player feels comfortable playing. With that and the goal we set going into the last bit of this season, we will now take on the role as the "sploiler".

I'd have to concur with my teammate (?) that we had the better of the chances yesterday afternoon against the Primos. It was a good match, good weather and field conditions up near Grouse with no cheap shite from either side. Good group the Primos.

So to the Blaze...we'll take that big "Thanks" for our effort. Actually after playing most of the teams at least once this season, the Blaze (like it or not Firemen and Primos) seem to have the more complete team and should move up this season. But remember "what goes up must come down" and me thinks that we'll see the Blaze back after a year...they'll never really find a home...and do they really deserve one?!!

In closing...to BigBird, Mr. (BR) Kelly (I think he used to run that corner store) and the rest of the gang from Sesame Street, all the best to the remainder of this season and Cup play...but watch out...we're lurking...

;)

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turning point of the Primos - Strikers A game yesterday wasn't the first goal, nor the second or the third, but the corner at the beginning of the second half when our striker put a bullet into the six yard box and our guy put it wide from 4 feet out ... two minutes later the ball was in the back of our net off a nice free kick to make it 3-1. After that we pressed and left our defence wide open for their 4th goal ... game over.

Oh well, on to the Cup which should prove interesting yet again this year. Last year it was all 2C in the Cup, which division will shine this year?

B.R. KELLY

Sep 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear Porkrind,
As per your call on the 2 horse race left, you have about as much of a chance as all the rest of the teams do of catching us- NONE.
Start concentrating on the cup buddy, thats all you can aim for now. B utd. will bite yor ass this weekend anywayz.

Much love to the primos for their display over the weekend, about as shocking as ours. They lost to the boys from PG who we saw at the bars 2 nights in a row when we were out booziing aswell. OUCH. actually, i spiked their drinks with STEROIDS, so if Tom was wondering why he played so well.......youre welcome.

OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0