Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Army, keep an eye on your sheep, Home Wrecker is in the house;)

If Sign stays 2nd and we stay 7th we'll get to do this all over again next year:D

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Signmaster Suspension

3 games for exchanging pleasantries with the ref.... almost comparable to the McDirty incident.. but not quite. Even Bandcamp made the notorious list!!

TS, are we on for our "1 hand delivered beer" bet for this weekend? Are you even playing, or have you been a bad boy too? See you Sunday, another tie perhaps;)

Should be a good battle at Hillcrest this weekend between WFC and SM with the victor taking a big step in the promotion direction. Good luck to both!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the list...

mickster - good eyes. yes i don't have to chase the ns falcons punks this weekend so that's nice.

blaze - be nice to our pitch pls. i notice afc/fury are also playing there this weekend :(

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
November 22/23

Div 2A: (26/44, so far)
United Nationals v. B United
City FC Cobras v. Maplewood United
Norvan Primos v. LM Firefighters (stingy D on both sides)
West Van Royals v. PwC Rangers (6 goals in 8 games: rusty)
Point Grey Strikers A v. City FC Blaze A

Div 2B: (22/43, so far)
Bombastic SC A v. Persian United (Bombastic angry from last weekend)
City FC Rangers A v. Alemania SC (ze German’s roll ends this weekend)
Norvan Falcons v. Point Grey Rangers (with only win, Norvan ain’t got the confidence)
NK Hrvat v. Shaheen SC (shooting each other in the foot)
Nomads FC v. Westside Knights

Div 2C: (23/44, so far)
Point Grey Strikers B v. Champlain Heights (they just seem to want it more)
WFC Rangers A v. Signmaster SC (midfield picks it up a notch as Keeper sits)
Westside C-men v. Ravens FC
Western Union Sarajevo v. Elephant Walk (depends on where the move the game to)
Richmond FC v. Norvan JB's (JB’s are proving tougher in the second half)

Match(es) of the Week:
2A: (#2) Norvan Primos v. (#3) LM Firefighters (tight checking and not a lot of goals . . . if you like that sort of thing)
2B: (#7) NK Hrvat v. (#3) Shaheen SC (not much to choose from, but this could have some fireworks and a ref may get punched)
2C: (#1) WFC Rangers A v. (#3) Signmaster SC (as good as it gets . . . for Div 2, anyways. WUS/EW good alternate)

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hrvat vs. Shaheen

No punches being thrown in this one ,as the only one on the NK team who has enough of an edge will be at home punching something else! ;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's going to be a game time decision to be sure, but right now I'm not happy with my propects. :(

What really sucks is that even if I don't play, I still can't watch the Heritage Classic. Thank God for VCR's.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My turn!

Yeah Im not to happy about my "propects" either keeper! Isnt it so much fun pointing out peoples spelling mistakes?God I live for this stuff !:rolleyes:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK Train Derailed

McDirty have you derailed the NK train through suspensions?

Furthermore, McDirty - all players normally attend whether injured or suspended.

Maybe you had one too many irate pisstakes that carried over to a match??

;)

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Earth to Reccos!

This is Div. 2.

Players who are suspended or injured do not attend training. Nor do players with jobs, families, hangovers, anger problems or without rides.

Nor keepers.
:)

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos

What the heck are you babbling about now?Kurgan how is the knee BIG man?Hope it's better ,your a solid player!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain won a game.......ok no season of no wins for us.......hopefully we can get a few more before seasons end......I think the key is for me to be absent every week thru injury......last week against Richmond I wasn't there and they held it to 1-0 before the eight players got slaughtered and today they won albeit 3-2 but still a win.......let's roll boys

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickster

I'm not sure if I can make the game tomorrow, I've got a physio course at UBC. So our bet may be off. I haven't played since we tied WFC 0-0, damn hip flexor. I'm gonna try to make it, and if I do, the bet is on. You'll know if I'm there, I'll be the guy yelling from the sidelines or rolling around on the ground in pain because I came back from injury to early! On that note, if anyone needs physio advice, or even treatment, I'm a physiotherapist, so just let me know. My clinic is located in sunny Slurrey if that helps.

On a side note, more discplinary actions by Azzi and Co. as one of our guys got 3 games for his tirade against CH. Horrible considering we were up 5-0 at the time. Ah well, at least someone else can coach if I can't make it ;) .

TS

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC Rangers A 2 - 1 Signmaster

Huge win for us today. After our last two outings became utter shambles, today was make it or break it for promo.

First off, 80% of the field was decent. A bit firm under a soft layer of grass and a little slippery -- but decent. The other 20% (read: the goal mouths) were akin to barren tundra in March. Regardless, both teams managed.

First half was quite evenly played; in fact, despite the glorious chances we had to go up by 2 or 3, I'd be so humble to say that perhaps Signmaster had a little more possession and creativity in our half. Nevertheless, we were the first to go ahead on a tragic play by the Signmaster keeper: he went up to grab a near-post cross, bobbled it and it was an easy tap-in for the "young veteran", Matty Mullen -- his first of the year. I say "tragic" because I believe (I've said it before and I'll say it again) the Signmaster keeper is a quality player. He's big and mobile, and 999 times out of 1000, he'd pull that ball down with ease. But for whatever reason, he couldn't hold on. A gift really.

But deservedly so. On two other opportunities -- both from mere yards out -- we just couldn't pull the trigger. The first sailed magically on a 89° angle over the bar, while the second was a lovely short ball across the 6 that our POG literally jumped over. Hard to judge a bouncing ball on tundra, I'd say.

After that starting goal, we seemed to relax a bit -- but a bit too much. Eventually, one of their 300+ lbs midfielders lumbered over the 18, lost the ball and collapsed from exhaustion. PK: 1-1. Oh, so very dodgy. Superbly taken, however: head-height, curling away towards the right (his right) netting. Very impressive. Had I gone the right way, I might've had a nicer view.

Halftime.

In the second half, Signmaster disappeared and failed to return until the 85th minute. All Rangers, all the time -- and it was glorious. Despite scoring only a single goal, we dominated and dominated in a Meraloma-esque fashion. Even more so, in fact: it must have been well over 81% possession.

2-1 came on off our centre-backs belly, I'm led to believe. At least, that's what it says on the website.

As mentioned, Signmaster woke up, reappeared, reincarnated, or just plain started running with 5 left and gave a good push at the end for the equalizer, but none was to be had.

The best part about it all is the realization that Signmaster and WUS have yet to play each other. A split or a tie in their somewhere and we'll be back in the driverseat. The very seat we so ridiculously gave away this month.

Signmaster is, quite frankly, a decent team. It's unfortunate that we're now battling Sarajevo for the title rather than them. They play a total team style, much as we do -- unlike the 2-awesome-striker slash fat-shitty-defense system that WUS plays with. That, and they don't grab your nuts.

C'mon E.Walk, we're all pullin' for ya tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0