Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Credit to their keeper

All i can comment on is that their keeper was good,or maybe in a good day but he got the points for them.Congratulations PGR keeper.Tsquere nice to meet you i didn't get to meet bandcamp, does he hate me that bad?Erion with 2 chances but no he misses again:wa:

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGR v NK H

An interesting game played on a decent pitch for once. I thought there was a fair bit of decent play by both teams with some excellent attacking, especially in the first half by NK. Erion had two crackers. The first on a great header and the second on a nice chip. Our first was a rebound on a nice save by McDirty. The second on a PK (that was no dive McD...cscott may not have been able to knock it in, but I repeat Not a dive.) McDirty got a hand on the PK but it still trickled in.

Our third was a knockdown off a free kick. NK had a chance to tie it up with a PK about 15 min left that our keeper stopped and that was the game. A couple of odd man rushes gave us one goal. Then McDirty lost his head. I'm not really sure why... a 4 on 1 that he stopped. .. then proceeded to scream at the ref and gesture rudely as he stormed off. Maybe he thought it was offside? Clearly not though. NK played with 10 men, but still got one back at the end off a free kick where we had the worst wall I haave ever seen in place. Four men covering the middle of the net with both corners wide open. Take your pick.

NK probably deserved better but so have we most the year so we'll take the points. I wish I could have played for more than 25 minutes, but the knee wasn't holding out. Oh well, it was fun and that's what Div 2 is all about.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
pgr/nk train

good game to play in yesterday. kurgan with some quality minutes and a brilliant set-up on cscott's (man of the match)rocket. awesome goal.

mcdirty - what can you say? you lost it and really for no reason. you were playing fine until that point. have fun letting the board know what you think of the ref. you'll be speaking with alex bell who happened to be the ref that sent you off yesterday :eek: .

mental note for next time - once you get a card for mouthing off it doesn't do you any good to keep yapping as it only means they'll throw more games at you. and now you know what the disiplinary chairman looks like (DRUNK LIMEY i believe?)- say hi to him for me on thursday night at your hearing :D

btw - erion, nice couple of goals but where'd you go after that? and who was your new superstar? #20? not a bad player on the ball but he was invisible after the first 30 minutes too. clearly not the best player on the park and by no means the best player in the division :confused: .

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: PGR 4 NK TRAIN 3

Originally posted by mcdirty
It's troublesome when you deserve to be up 2-1 at half and you get the wind kicked out of you by some DRUNK LIMEY (The Ref)!

FYI - The DRUNK LIMEY, who is a frequent lurker on TTP, Alex Bell, head of the referees, is Scottish! ;)

Good luck with your hearing! Oh, and while you are at it, tell him you are a Celtic supporter!

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp!

Oh so bandcamp two was't enough i created chances too don't forget and being honest we did't deserve that. We missed a pk plus more chances missed not by me though.And yeah i am not the greatest player but i like to think i can score and create.But fair play it was an exciting game you got what you missed in the first game 0-1 and good luck.I feel like i have done what the team excepts me to do and i am happy about my game so far.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
disappearing act...

...erion - as mentionded, 2 nice goals but then poof - you went away.

nk took it to us early but then pg sorted it out and dominated the 2nd half. the ref missed a few things (both ways) but was by no means shocking enough to warrant mcdirty's snapping routine. mcdirty can only blame himself for that one. again, have fun at the hearing letting them know how terrible the reffing was :D .

good luck the rest of the way.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocking Referees

I would have to say that the JB's have faired well when it comes to referees to this point in the season. Perhaps it is the Monday Night games that add to this as the pool of available referees is probably the greatest.

Our game this past weekend, however, had some very interesting refereeing. The bad calls were not only disruptive but in some cases they were just plain backwards. Westside got the worst of this as they had a player sent off. But I could not believe some the yellow card infractions that the ref was issuing to both sides.

As for the gameplay...I think that our first game of the season against Westside saw better gameplay and more intensity. It was very fortunate that we scored the first goal and scored it early as this really took Westside off their game.

For the most part the JB squad played a good match but a keeping error made the last 10minutes interesting. We should have been able to pot a coffin-nailer 3rd goal as Westside were pushing forward quite a bit leaving gaping holes in the back but were unfortunate not to.

Personally, I had shite game and the only good touch I had was one that led to our first goal. My Hammy said Goodnight Irene at the half which wasn't all bad cause I was the first one into the beer cooler.

The Ranger decided to go easy on me so I have no new injuries to deal with this week. Thanks Ranger :D

Next weeks game against Signmaster should be a dandy on the turf so I am hoping Xmas comes early and with that my bionic replacement parts. Advil and tape arent going to fix my problems....

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, not only our first win on grass this year, it was our first goal on grass this year. Thanks Keeper:D I agree with Bones that it didn't measure up with our first game but thought we played well enough for the win.

Wish I could have stayed and watched the finish of this one but alas I had to depart at the half and was glad to hear we kept the lead and got the points.

How is the injured WFC knee anyways. When I was talking with him at the half he had the ice on it and was thinking it was just badly twisted....any updates?? Hopefully you guys have enough in your beer fund for anger management classes for #7. For his 2nd yellow he was walking away from the ref muttering something and although I don't think it was directed at the ref he still should have kept his mouth shut.

Looking forward to a rematch vs Signmaster on the turf. We need to redeem ourselves after our first match shutout. Hopefully Bones and Led will be ready to roll;)

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
MCDIRTY SUSPENSION POOL

MCDIRTY lost it!? Not possible:p I'm betting 3 games. Och aye- Bell will make a new sporran out a ye! You don't even have to bait NK for them to bite like spawning salmon-take the piss out of one and another thinks it's about themself:knvb:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some more on the Blaze-B game from yesterday.

One of our forwards hit a beautiful volley during the second half. Unfortunately it was the keepers face he kicked and not the ball.(Classless move #1250) Needles to say a red card was given as well as to the guy on theur tean whi attacked our guy. This incident had a lot to do with shitty reffing. The frustration levels that were felt by both teams by a ref(Old Drunk John) who clearly finds Div 2 soccer to fast for him to keep out to were unimaginable. Phantom calls, calling fouls and giving them to the wrong team. IE our guy got hacked down and he apparently fouled the guy swinging his foot at him. Unbelievable. Anyway I watched a bit of a div 1 game on Saturday and they seemed to have a sober, younger ref than we usually have. I realize that it probably won't get any better but one can hope. I almost drean of the FVSL days and having Tin Po Au reffing us. That's how bad it has got.

Nice to see the JB's finally scoring some grass, oops, i mean on grass:D

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
in the end....NK vs PGR, one home, one away...one win 1-0, one loss, 4-3....even goals for, even goals against.

looks pretty even from here, if we don't count suspensions...:rolleyes:

maybe a meeting in cup play will finally dedcide the better team

manager

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you guys are counting on LUCK to win your games. Why don't you just flip a coin and hit the cooler. This way no one gets any cards

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NO Cards means no revenue for the fools at the league office.

I just got notified that we got a $50 fine for a comment that our coach made to the ref during an earlier game in the season. If the ref had a problem with our coach maybe he should have said something then or maybe he should ahve given him a yellow or red card????

Go figure, if a player says something and at worst ends up with a red he is only going to get a $10 fine:confused: :confused:

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

2A

Maplewood vs Blaze Blaze are PISSED
Power Rangers vs Primos although could be a tie
Firemen vs Leeds United not at liberty to divulge that info
B UNited vs Cobras
PG Strikers vs West Van Royals could go either way

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Bird,

FYI

We didn't pull one out of our arses! We've started to put our shite together. It's too bad that it took this long.
I'm not sure if you meant that as a slag or not.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk if we tie the Power Rangers, I think I'll shoot myself :D

Where is the WV/ PG game played? If it is Strathcona, I call it a tie, if it is Ambleside, I call a West Van win.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp!

Talk about a dissapearing act,Who and where the HELL were you?You were nowhere to be seen, ohhh yeah you were the guy watching from the sidelines for all but 10 mins.:D !For a guy who hasnt seen the field for a couple years ,you sure talk good smack on TTP!Get some playing time and then tell the div.2 b scoring leader he sucks hahahahahahahahaha!I dont give a shite who the head of the board is either ,Frankly I'm glad I will get a chance to tell that DRUNK BASTARD that he is useless!Why am I not surprised he is in charge of referees,who else would hire that guy to ruin games other than himself,it sure explains a lot to me ;) !Bandcamp you SUCK and I pray we meet you in the cup,You make a great spectator :eek: !

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice try...

...but as always, you're wrong. played 90 on sunday but was a spectator to your 'roid rage. you're much too skinny to be on the juice.

ref wasn't a factor - deal with it. pg score 3 straight goals to go up 4-2 and nk get one back with no time on the clock. not sure how you feel you were robbed.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SURE!

You guys were lucky to get the W! You guys scored on one nice shot, a couple of miscuse,and a weak pk call!Both teams played hard but even your players admit to stealing a Win.Im not much to Skinny to kick your ass,Weasel ;) !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts