Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome beerman,

It's about time someone form the Ravens showed up on the site.

I most of the guys pretty good.
Give us a hint as to which player you are.
How's Eddie...sonny:D He must have a permanent woody now that he has picked up another good forward and a good goalie.

JB's,

WUS are a cheap team. You will experience alot of shirt pulling and elbows to the back. They also have some skill. They do lack the killer instict though. Although as the game went on and both teams got nackered, the cheap fouled started to happen (for both teams). Our game was tied until the last 15 min in the game. So, either we have improved (possible :confused: ) or they are not as good as the hype shows. They have a young goalie who can hold his own. He made a great save (game saver) on a header labeled for the top corner. Hmm. I predict a tie:rolleyes: .

On a side note, I'm hoping to some field closure (our game) as due to the long weekend, we will be missing some key players. I tried to get the game moved to Saturday but apparently, if you are not the home team, you cannot do this. I'm rather pissed at the league right now. I sent a polite email requesting a date change. I also asked if the league has ever considered not having games on long weekends. I got a cold response of "You are not the home team", "We have no other fields available" and "We have always played on long weekends". Tranlsted, we don't care if you will be short, we will not try to accomodate you and we will not discuss not playing and long weekends. I guess being a Div 2 means we don't have as much pull as the higher divisions. Thanks VMSL...for nothing:mad:. Ok I feel better now.

EW 3-0 Champlain (will Vinnie get to taste victory this year?)

It is in the works. We will win a game this year. Maybe not this weekend. We have inlisted the help of a witch-doctor to lift the curse. Does anyone know where I can find eye of newt, bat's feet and a chicken?:(

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Halloween

Vinnie, great pic, is that what you're wearing out trick or treating... don't scare too many kids.

I'm sure you guys will get a few wins this year.... just hope its not against us. Thanks for the info on WUS, should be interesting as we've got a couple of guys who can play pretty cheap if they have to. Hopefully it won't come to that and the ref will be able to keep things relatively controlled.... Guess it all depends on the man in the middle!!

Right now it doesn't look good for your rainout, but the weekend is suppose to be pretty wet so who knows what could happen!!

Welcome Beerman, look forward to your results from this weekend. I think everyone in 2C is hoping for a draw in your game. You guys have always been good drinkers and used to have the coolest cooler, look forward to playing you guys in a couple of weeks, just wish it wasn't at Strathcona!!!!

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
New format!!!

It seems that almost everytime I log on to TTP lately it keeps getting harder and harder to get through all the new security screens that have been added??WTF

WUS are the cheapest F**KS around. And to top it off they load there sideline with more fellow homelanders. Ready to jump you as soon as you get to the sideline.

I'm all for a little shirt pulling, etc... to gain a bit of an advantage but what they pull every weekend is disgraceful. AND THE WHINNING!!!!!

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I figured the new site format out now I just saved a different screen to my favorites. Any hints on cutting down the time it takes to get to this thread after going to TTP home site???

joker

Sep 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
back

But Seahawks are playing San Fran this week, anyone want to buy a ticket?Here we go Porky, first game back since the I got those really cool body piercings. Lets see if we can get all our key boys out for once to a game. Oh yeah, we have to get a few in the twine to shut up Oscar The Grouch, or was it Big Bird? Hmmm

B

beerman

WFC vs Ravens

Keeper,

Full value on your victory. Your team was the better side on the day. 50-50 balls were won by the rangers...
We could muster very few chances against your strong defense...
You still should have changed your cleats at half-time though...

B

beerman

wfc vs ravens

Keeper,

By the way, couldn't wait to get back to your computer to post....
Don't you guys drink a little after a victory or what?

fingers

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
pretty embarassed. looks like last year's strikers showed up to play richmond. disraceful. good ball control by richmond and nice to see them not at each others throats. tail between legs. hopefully we'll show up for our next game.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did the Nk Train do today? Rumour has it you last to my boys from the other City FC team. Apparently it wasn't that close.
Any reports from the NK boys???:D

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nk 1 - 3 City FC

First half:

NK up 1-0 on a break away goal.

City FC ties it on a highly questionable PK 1-1

Second half:

City FC pops in two more.

They were hungrier and more fit, and they seemed to have atleast 15-16 guys there. We are still missing key players from the midfield and that's where our biggest hole was today.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beerman,

You're right, we didn't need to nurse (or cry in) our beers this afternoon.

For those interested, it stayed 0-0 up to the 65+ minute mark when the Ravens dramatically slowed, allowing our midfielder to cruise across the middle of the park and strike a low ball to the far corner.

After that, their fitness (rather, the lack thereof) became an issue. Most teams, going 1-0 down late in the game would step up the pressure and fight back, but there were many times when we had possession and the Ravens did little but walk around.

At 85, we popped another and were careful to protect the clean sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0