Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BLAZE 3 - Primos 0

I really thought the Primos would have given us more of a game....we totally dominated the entire match from start to finish. Blaze Army is right, it could have been 5 or 6 nil. The Primos had one chance off a corner...our keeper made a good save but that was about all the work he had. Nice 2-touch soccer from the Blaze today, picking our way around their midfield and defence.

It started to a get a little chippy at the end but everybody managed to keep their cool. The field was in good shape but if this weather continues every field in the north-shore is going to get shutdown.

B.R. KELLY

Sep 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
good good

SHALUM,

BR KELLY finnally figured out how to work his computer to post sumthin. yea, the Blaze did what they came out to do today, showing that they really dont belong in this division at all. primos didnt really ammount any sort of an offence against us, with our boyz shutting the door down every single time. our back up keeper came up big when he needeed to ....once. reffing was decent for a change, i dont think the primos could disagree with that either. anyways thats all i know, so thats all im gunna say. he HATES the Blaze rep 1 , SHUT UP B,
OUT!

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan JB's 0 WUS 1

I wasn't there for this one, neither was Mickster as we both had to play dad today. Heard through the grape vine that the WUS goal was actually a cross that got caught in the wind and caught our keeper off guard. No intensity from the JB side today. LOTS and LOTS of whining from the WUS. That's all I heard. Bonefish, Dapotayto and Creedence, care to fill us in on the rest.

Oh and I bet Sunset was a real beaut to play on.:rolleyes:

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple more things about today's game of Primos vs. Blaze ...

First, props to the 2 big d-men of the Blaze - by far and away their best players with size, skill and pretty good speed to boot. 00 was very very impressive ... I even had a conversation with the ref (during the game) and he was stating he's never seen such skill from a big man before. The other 2 players who stood out were the smaller centre midfield and the guy up front (#9 I think) ... although #9's antics after scoring on his PK were pretty lame ... cheering like he had just won the world cup or something. The most amusing thing is that none of his teammates were really cheering (showing good sportsmanship), which made me chuckle a bit.

We totally faltered on offence though, and the Blaze came right at us through the middle, relatively unscathed. I have to say it was one of our poorer efforts of late - very similar to the way we played in summer ball: Lacksidasical, flat and with no desire. Go figure - the biggest game of the year so far and we came up way short.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WUS vs JB's

The score line of this game should really read:

JimBeam - 0
WesternUnion - 0
Divine Intervention - 1

...and by the condition of some of our players on Sunday I would say that none of them went to Saturday Mass. Bonefish actually made it to the game 1 hour before. Banjopete was second and that was it until about 25 minutes to, as the majority of our team showed up with about 15 min to the opening whistle.

For those of you who know Sunset, you know the condition of the field takes away any cohesive passing game. Sundays conditions were such that the slick uneven ground made it difficult to move the ball in a manner no where near what one would call an accurate pass.

The huge dilemna was this, given the fact that the wind was gusting to 20km/hr....Do I play the ball on the cornfield or do I chance it in the air? We did a little of both and the goose egg in our goal column speaks to the success.

Actually we did have some chances and were unlucky not to tie it up in the first half. The WUS keeper made a nice save on a shot to the far post and there were a couple of goal mouth scrambles that were oh so "pass me a horeshoe" close. But alas it was not to be. Our eleven+1half man sqaud(Dapotayto showed up at half) tired by the mid part of the second half and were not able to mount any great scoring chances. We did have one header sail by the goalpost.

Full marks to WUS, they played gritty albeit with some whining and moaning reminiscent of a Civil War Field Hospital but they did enough on the day to win. There was some shirt pulling but I think the conditions of the field made it difficult as most everyone was trying to keep the ball at their feet wihile staying upright...I almost forgot....Their goal was, now what is the word..DIVINE. Their outside mid was moving deep down the wing at about the 16 yard mark and crosses the ball. An extremely strong gust of wind catches the ball, which had been moving to the 6yd line, and bends it goalward on a high arc that found that 1ft by 1ft slot by the post that all goalkeepers fear.

-BuddaBingBuddaBoom-

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey Bonefish were you the goalie if so tough luck I know what it feels like as EW's second goal caught me.........you are telling me that for once WU didn't play cheap :confused: .........times must be changing

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: wfc vs ravens

Originally posted by beerman
Don't you guys drink a little after a victory or what?

We finished quite a few beers off after the game.... but, having a nice, warm, dry pub as a sponsor beats the hell out of the change room!

Good game fellas! You will need to play better than that to get wins against Norvan, Signmaster and Richmond! These teams have the abilty to do well but only if they bring their A game...

Good luck!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Free Willy

Bonefish was set free from the cage on Sunday but I might as well have been in net as I finished with a triple '0', no goals no assists, no pancakes. Their goalie was about 6-4 and with the weather as it was I was not up to 'Don Quixote' like charges at a Windmill sized keeper. But I have had those goals scored on me in the past and it is like a knife to the spleen every time.

Next two weeks will be telling ones for the JB squad with games vs decent squads. Maybe skipping practice this past week was not the best strategy.

-Bones-

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
City was a better side!

Hey guys i haven't posted for a while cos i was waiting for kepper to teach me some english but he didn't mention it any more.Anyway when i joined the NK team i thought we had a good team to compete for the 2b but now i realise we will not get any close to it.When we stop bitchin about each other we might just might win some games.Most of the games we have played we have taken the lead early but our defense can't hold it for 5 minutes.When i missed a few break ways every one tryes to teach how to score but when they let the opposite walk all over them nothing to blame only unlucky and they are not that good.City walked all over us and they have 16 commited players but we we don't have 11 to start with.We have been lucky in our 2 wins i mean very lucky not the ref to blame not any one else except us. We can't hold the ball for 5 sec and we have no vision what so ever.Most of us say hey Niko is fast and has ball control just give him the ball and he will do the rest.It does't work like that and you are qualified to judge ........Who is the idiot that qualified you an anyway.Let's be real City wins promotion NK 6th place if luck is in our side .............Take care

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I even had a conversation with the ref (during the game) and he was stating he's never seen such skill from a big man before.

That's probably one of the reason's why you lost the game Teelay, it seemed as though some of your players were intimidated of our more skilled guyz; worried more about our game than your own.....especially your defense and goalie....they must have given the ball away more than a dozen times when they had the easy outlet pass.

although #9's antics after scoring on his PK were pretty lame

He has a bit of an attitude problem yes...but after getting hacked in the ankles most of the game and having some jokers yell at him from the sidelines (some spectators) telling him to go back to Surrey after he was hacked down in the box for the PK...he was happy to put in the insurance goal.

I have to say it was one of our poorer efforts of late

Although I haven't seen any of your games this year, I'd have to say I expected a much more spirited effort from your boyz. A combination of your lack of effort and skill and our better team play and endurance resulted in the victory. However, I have a feeling we will still be competing against the Primos for promotion this year....our next match will be a good battle.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is in reply to Reccos comments posted about our team using the east dressing room. By the way Reccos, the reason we did not go out and start warming up was because the Primos did not have jersey's, thus there guys had to wait for white shirts, which were going to take awhile to arrive. The ref informed us of this, that is why we were taking our time. As for us using the changerooms, there were three rooms, are we not allowed to use the changeroom?:rolleyes: Four teams, three changerooms, you do the math.
I PM'ed you Big Bird and I will talk to the guys on our team. However, I can assure you that if anything was taking, there is little chance that it was one of our guys, as that would totally be out of our character. Check your PM's.

I do agree with you, whomever has done this has zero class, and should return the equiment right away. I had my requipment stolen in a similiar manner this past summer, and it makes you wonder what people are thinking. As a side note, after we changed, we took out all our stuff, and brought it with us to the sidelines, and none of our players entered the changerooms from the time we left till after the game, when we changed in the middle changeroom, so we did not even enter the east changeroom after the game. We brought all our stuff back with us from the sidelines.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2b

pg rangers - 4
nomads - 1

feels good to outplay a team and actually get 3 points to show for it.

erion - finally coming around hey? one of your wins was against us and i'm pretty sure your team felt lucky stealing those points. 6th is a little optimistic i think though :D

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 6th place if luck is in our side

How is he being optimistic there bandcamp..........did the turkey get the best of you........at least he's honest and said if luck is on their side........otherwise he is predicting a lower finish for his team

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze Rep 1,

FYI - I was the subject of similar catcalls from the same guys on the sideline (the guys on the sideline with the stands). They weren't with us - and I have a feeling they were cheering for a tie (B United maybe??) For the record I was #15 (outside left mid).... and where exactly did you pick up your two horses at the back? :D

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 4: PGS 0

Not even close. We were in their 6 yard box on the first play of the game and shite the bed on the finish. To their credit, PGS fought back and hit the post from about 15 yards out when it was 0-0. That could've changed things, for a couple minutes. It was a hard-fought, classy game, with the only blemish being one of our defenders taking 2 dumb yellows and getting the boot. My apologies to the PGS guy he ran from behind. No reason for it, we were up 4-0, but what can you do. The score could've been higher but our strikers insisted on shooting at the target on the GK's chest. If we could get them to ping a corner, we'd be set. But it's coming together nicely, slowly but surely. I hope we can use the win to springboard us to the top of the table. I think I'm out for a few weeks, damn hip flexor forced me out again after only 10 minutes. Focus on coaching now, so not all bad. Off to the C-men. Any hints, or are they the same group as last year. BTW, do they still wear red? We're lacking a second set of jerseys. We had to pull out some old-school forest green GN (FV premier) kits against signmaster. Don't ask where they came from. Predictions to come shortly.

TS

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
They weren't with us - and I have a feeling they were cheering for a tie (B United maybe??)

I doubt it was B United, could have been some players from the previous match. B United doesn't have a hope....they will finish middle of the pack. We will hammer them in our next match....3 or 4 weeks from now.

The "big horses" are local T-town boyz (Tsawwassen)...we're all friends dating back to high-school. # 00 only played half a season with us last year....very skilled player, has played lots of Premier ball as you can tell. The big change in our team this year from last year is depth...which should help as the season drags on.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
intimidation factor negative

Blaze Rep 1. I think you are mistaking intimidation for respect.

I don't see how you can say myself or our defence was intimidated. It was our defence and myself that kept the score from being the 5 or 6 nil that you seem to think the score could have been. You guys didn't get enough shots on net for that score line anyways your other two goals came when I was off my line to cover the through ball.

As for the giveaways I don't know which game you were watching. The midfields/forwards are just as much to blame sending through balls to nothing and not being able to string 2 passes together.

As for number 9 getting hacked in the ankles all game you should get a better seat cuz that wasn't happening, he got hacked in the box and that's why the pk was called.

As for the facts yes we stunk it up. Yes we should have and will put up more fight next game. And if I were number 9 I would have celebrated like that too if I had barely squeezed it past the keeper. Your two touch game was on and ours didn't even show up.

There's a whole second half of soccer to be played and anything can happen I mean you guys did lose to B united 4-1 after all.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Bird

Hey Big Bird that totally sucks about the kit being stolen. But why oh why would you leave your bag in a public (public being that there were 3 other teams) place? I for one always (as well as the rest of the JB's) bring our bags out with us, unless we have a padlock. I guess we're paranoid, but still that sucks. Hopefully someone will turn it in for you. I couldn't imagine having to spend the dough twice over.

Good luck!

B

beerman

ravens vs champlain

Yo Vinnie!
The goated one is really looking forward to our game...as is the kurbinator...Eddie's having a little trouble remembering who you are...I'm on the shelf, broken foot and all...

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beerman,

Looking forward to the match also.
I thought that kurby was done, with the bionic knees and all.
I still don't know who you are? Could you be the goated one's best bud?
Hey, the goated one should not be late for this one:rolleyes:

Blaze,

Do you still have that cnut "Zoolander" playing for you?
Is he the guy who scored the PK against the Primos?

that was it until about 25 minutes to, as the majority of our team showed up with about 15 min to the opening whistle

Hey that's early for our guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0