Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry pork chop there will probably not be any damage to my sparkling GAA as my self and our other older wiser keeper split games, so I may be subbing in late up front in order to give us a spark if we need it and hopefully push us on to victory.

I am not saying that the firefighters are going to go away. I am saying their inability to score more than two goals in a game is going to come back and haunt them. Also their defence is strong, but so is most teams when they put 11 players behind the ball!

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie,

I know it's been discussed before but it started bugging me again the last few weeks.

Porkchop

I'd be surprised if either us or Primo's can put 3 goals by the other. If we score 3 goals there is no way can lose the game. If primo's score 3 goals I'd say there's no way they could lose, I'm sure they feel the same way. I'm thinking it's going to be a one goal affair either 2-1 or 1-0. Who wins, who knows?

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I agree with that ... odds are it will be a very low scoring game, unless 1 team is down a man or two due to some officiating decision.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's 3 C-Men 1

The Beam offense finally showed up. A little late, but better than never. C-men jumped out to an early 1-0 lead off a very nice shot about 20 yards out that bended and slipped by Bonefish. That seemed to wake us up. We started moving the ball the way we should have, and it started to create more chances for us and less for them. They battled hard. End of half it was 1-1. We got a quick one into the second off a corner with a beaut of a flick off the head. Soon after could have been a 3-1 lead as Dapotayto went hard to the net in his trademark run and was pulled down.........penalty shot! Goalie saved it, and the rebound was blasted off the cross bar. Then finally Bonefish, getting a break from playing keep, took the ball hard to the net with C-men defenders bouncing off him and potted his first of the winter.

Good game, with good officiating. Nice to have everyone on the same page this week.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NJB's vs WC-Men

Last night was one of those nights to test a goal keeper's fortitude. It rained the entire night with the only break in the deluge coming as I exited the change rooms following some celebratory beverages. The win monkey is off our back and JimBeam is looking to claw its way back up the table.

The game went along pretty much as Therapist described(Except for the goal count and when they came). Westside lacked some intensity in some positions but did string together moments of good soccer. I had little chance on their goal which came after a turnover. It was a well hit ball that was struck from an angle at the top of the 18 and went opposite corner. This knotted the game as we had taken a 1-0 earlier on a nice through ball and a finish by KB.

In the second half we took over more of the play and the opportunities started lining up. After playing my EHrmmph "one half of soccer" in goal, with 15minutes left Mickster took over keeping duties to let me have a run up front. It was nice to get out of the cage and see if my legs still worked. They sorted of did as I was able to sneak one past the westside goalie but missed another open opportunity. Rusty is my middle name.

Next week is WUS so this weeks training will consist of close-quarters combat training along with a video entitled "What to do when the opposition Dives and Whines like two year olds".

-Bones Out-

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper Duties

Bones, my watch must have been broken and thats why you were in net for so long..... A 2-1 halftime lead wasn't enough cushion to take you out unfortunately, as you were the best we had available last night. Granted you didn't have tons of work to do but we didn't want to blow our first victory. You did well once you got a run in and the 4-1 score line could have and should have been much worse. Nice to finally get the win and hopefully some of our injuries will start to heal by next week. Ravens vs WFC looks to be the match of the week in 2C with the Primos vs Blaze being the other match of the week in div 2. Looking forward to climbing the table.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze vs. Primos

It's going to be a dandy, the first real competition we've had all year, it will be nice to finally play against some competition with good skill.

From what I remember last year Primos were fast and had good first touch. The biggest pain in the ass was trying to keep little Joe in check, so it's nice to hear he won't be making an appearance. We did beat Primos 3-0 last year...and since then we have made some serious improvments and additions to the squad...but I think Primos have as well. Looking forward to a close game on a good pitch. Hopefully the rain lets up...a postponement would be tragic.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze Rep 1,

Yeah we could definitely use Joe this weekend, but I guess he'll have to wait to make an appearance the next time we meet (after Christmas). :D

Oh yeah and of the teams we've played so far, I would have to say that the Firemen probably have the best players. I'm still trying to figure out how we tied B United. The Firemen have a few players with good skill (especially the redhead guy).

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
low scoring indeed

Yes pork chop we have 20 and 18 goals for respectively but look at the more glaring statistic that I'm sure you can identify with "goals against" a strong defence is just as good as a potent offence.

Yes having little joe for the game would be nice but instead we have his bigger, faster brother..... of another mother, just as talented and has a ferocious cannon.

For last years 3-0 defeat we had some key players away or injured, now we are healthy and hungry so the game should be much closer.
Going to be a great tilt between two heavyweights.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
a bit late

Originally posted by Keeper

If RFC continues to play like that, they'll be quickly rising.

Thanks for the kind words, keeper! I just checked the post-game reports now. It was a well-fought game by both teams and could've gone either way. Some poor finishing by both teams, especially us. What will it take to get some goals this year?! Snake-bitten we are. On to PGS and a chance to get the scoring monkey off our back. Promo is looking tougher and tougher with all these draws, but it's a long season and anything can happen.

TS

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You dink

Originally posted by The Ranger
Richmond worked hard and would be rewarded more respect if they would take the tackle and quit the whining and shirt pulling! The RFC keeper was pretty soft and stopped the play on a few occasions as he required sideline assistance.

First of all, you guys were just as guilty of the whining and shirt-pulling as we were. It was a tough game and that comes with the territory. Another thing, you should've been sent-off after that 2-foot tackle at midfield, and you're lucky that we didn't take out our frustrations on your shins.

As for our goalie being soft, are you nuts? Next time your goalie comes sliding out and gets studded by both feet by a player who has no chance at the ball, I'll be there to call him a softy. Have some class, you dink.

Anyways, I just had to get that out. Good luck the rest of the way. I look forward to our rematch. Hopefully I don't get hurt 15 mins, like I did this time. It was killing me to have to watch the rest of the game from the sidelines. At least it let me make subs from the outside as opposed to having to make them while playing. On that note, anyone know somebody who wants to coach?!

TS

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dink? Ha, ha.... whatever...

My two foot tackle? The grass was wet and I slipped.... Okay, so that wasn't one of most graceful tackles, but, I had no intent on injuring anyone and was honestly going for the ball....

Your keeper went down on another occassion which stemmed from.... punching the ball out?

Anyways... no big deal.... see you next game!

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We would NEVER shirt pull!

I can't comment on this until we play the wankers from the Westside.

Richmond worked hard and would be rewarded more respect if they would take the tackle and quit the whining

This I can atest to.

TS,

After playing you guys for 2 years running, the whinning is still the same. I will admit, I don't hear you spefically, but that might be because, we are both D-men. I did enjoy intimidating one of the younguns on the front line.

On another note, why are there games scheduled for long weekends. I know of at least one other league (WCMOTL) that has decided not have games. Again, another one of those VMSL things that is annoying.:mad:

Anyways, best of luck to all this weekend

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
week 6 predictions

2 A

PWC Rangers 1-3 B United (united continues their roll)
UN 2-1 Cobras (battle of the bottom feeders)
Strikers 1-3 LM FF (too big and strong)
Royals 2-2 Maplewood (2 weaker NS teams)
Primos 2-3 Blaze (good game, blaze a little stronger)

2 B

Bombastic 1-3 Shaheen (the bomb just not that good!)
City 3-1 NKH (NK's scoring woes continue)
Nomads 2-2 PGR (what happened to PGR of old?)
Falcons 2-3 Knights (experience pays off in this one)
Persia 0-3 Alemania (not really close)

2 C

WFC 1-1 Ravens (I'm not the only one hoping for a draw)
Strikers 1-2 RFC (closer than TS thinks)
EW 3-0 Champlain (will Vinnie get to taste victory this year?)
Sarajevo 1-3 JB's (should be entertaining)
C-Men 0-2 Signmaster (sign stronger than everyone thought!)

Hopefully the field closures won't start this early......:rolleyes:

B

beerman

shirt pulling

OKAY... SO FOR MY FIRST POST LET ME JUST SAY THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF SHIRT-PULLERS OUT THERE....AND A LOT OF WHINERS IT SEEMS...BUT THERE HAS BEEN SOME GOOD FOOTBAL PLAYED IN 2C...
THE RAVENS RULE THE ROOST IN 2C...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0