Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 RRSL Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lex

Keep the Vodka-Red Bull away from Walks unless you feel like having your collerbone dislocated.
Code:
canyousaybarcelonaemergency

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're going home in a Catalunyan Ambulance ......

Que pasa amigo ??

That was just a slip Pesci, the 45 Red Bull & Vodka's I consumed that night had nothing to do with you being hospitalized ..... You still got the X-rays ??

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Outplayed with 4 against Keeper

Originally posted by Keeper
It was an amazing save,

HOS, you were right the first time: I did out play you. :D [/B]

Keeper, the shot by Dolly was a terrible angle, and it was high at your hands. You should have tipped it over the bar or like I do, hang onto the ball.

I thought you had a good first half, but second half had a foul smell to it.

HOS

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I blinked just as he shot . . . :rolleyes:

Right again: the second half had a horrible smell to it.

Prediction: you guys will take the league trophy this summer.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See TheRob? It was in before I pulled it back to you. :D

I wasn't aware there were photographers at Manoah on Thursday

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ref john was absolutely SHOCKING! and no he doesn't deserve proper punctuation. :rolleyes:

Knights 0: Richmond 5

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland / Firemen

One word: Battering ............ 6-0 Club I

Not really sure how to describe this one as I nodded off after about 50 minutes (good thing as I was ref) ....... it was 5-0 at half with the Captain gracing the pitch with about 5 minutes to go in the first ........ adding a touch of class to the somewhat debacle of a game as Club I suited up most of their 15 year olds against Firemen's Blind, Dumb and Deaf Hall ........ In reality, there were a few decent players for Firemen but were overshadowed by a few that look like they've never seen a soccer ball let alone put their foot on one ......

Club I completely dominated the match with the Captain controlling the backline spraying balls out to the wingers and in quite honesty ...... taking the piss completely ........ there were a few Ireland players out as well stretching their legs before this weekend's excursions at the Nations Cup ......

I myself have just awoken at the corner of the pitch and am late for work .........

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strangers 1 - 0 Delta Utd

Not the best Westside outing I've ever seen, but we managed to get the job done for the second week in a row*. Two games left, then the cup run -- we're pulling things together just in time. :rolleyes: Stopped some guy named Chewy on a PK -- I understand he'll be at the Nation's Cup so feel free to hold that over his head this weekend.

Next week, the Knights. Number2, you'd better be there for that one.

* I forgot to mention last week's sweet sounds of silence on the Club I side lines after we came from behind to win 3-2. After all their yapping and taunting for most of the second, it was pure joy watching them eat crow at 85 minutes. Special thanks to the Club I coach for demonstrating what a conniption looks like.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imports 2
Binger's 1

Or that's the message Notty left on my machine last night. He probably hasn't posted it yet because he somehow found my post about him in another thread offensive :rolleyes:

Grow a thicker skin... and I'm not talking about another layer around your waistline!

:D

~Regs.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF

Why did the Imports play Binger's again?

They beat us last week and I thought they were scheduled to take on the winner of Knights/Firemen this Thursday. Was this a make up game of some sort?

I must re-check the schedule.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thursday, August 8th - Quarter Finals
A Soccer Imports v. Richmond United A @ M. Steeves #1
B Firemen v. Westside Knights @ South Arm #1
C Club Ireland v. Delta United A @ Association Park
D Binger’s Army v. WFC Rangers @ M. Steeves #2

Thursday, August 15th - Semi Finals
1 Winner Game A v. Winner Game C @ Association Park
2 Winner Game B v. Winner Game D @ M. Steeves #1

Thursday, August 17th - Final
Winner Game 1 v. Winner Game 2 @ Association Park
Right then. What gives?

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll help ya out...

The Imports and Bingers tied for the top spot in the league. The tie breaker was the game played last night.

There ya go.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, I see. Thank you.

Should've been decided by number of wins, though. And I guess it was in the end anyways. :rolleyes:

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
THE FINAL IS SET!

Well...here's the skinny (REGS)

Imports managed to pull the win out-a the hat in overtime after a few squandered chances in the front of the net. That being said...Club I also had chances but as they say in the homeland..."Aghhhh ye can finish ye dinna ya mucka".

Final score...Soccer Imports 2 - Club I 1 (in Overtime)

And if anyone is interested...the result of the Mingers - Firemen is........are you ready for this......stay tuned.....are you sitting down....Firemen 6 - Mingers 3!

Where did these guys come from? Tragic season...with a total of 1 win and 1 tie... but somehow make the finals????

Do I hear Cinderella story???

Imports best be keeping minds in the final!

~Notty

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
..."Aghhhh ye can finish ye dinna ya mucka

Would that homeland be Scotland? ;)

It was a good clean game except for Regs' challenge on the Captain. I thought he was trying to end my career which is already over. :) Notty failed to mention two obvious infractions which led directly to the OT winner. I'm sure Walks will verify this so it doesn't sound like 'sour grapes'. Walks, please verify this. :confused: Anyway, good luck to the Imports as they look for their 40th cup win in the last 42 years. I can't believe the Firemen beat Mingers. We outscored them 15 - 0 in the two games. There must have been a few 'new' players for the cup run.

Captain who is very sore, hence the 5:00 posting.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Up The Imports!

I'm glad The Imports have kept winning. I was a little concerned after I went down with a bad knee against Richmond.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was concerned as well but the replacement we found for you has done a good job filling you shoes. I think he has something like 8 goals in the 3 games that he has played. Someone said he is the all-time leading goal-scorer for the Canadian National team :D

The game last night was thoroughly enjoyable though I was a bit disappointed in not getting a piece of the Captain better... I even tried pelting him with the ball as he stood at the corner flag ala the infamous Rivaldo incident but missed by about 10 yards.

He had to go chase it though by the freeway :rolleyes:

Parkhead for Club I is clown. I put him and that Will idiot from the, erm, Idiots in the same category :eek:

~Regsfeelingtiredafteraboutofextremelegcrampsat3am.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imports / Club I

Decent game lads ....... very even for the most part even though I'd say that Imports probably spent a bit more time in the attacking third than Ireland.

Imports did bounce one off the post in the first session of OT with an excellent shot that had the Ireland Keeper beaten. Also, there could have been grounds for a PK as well as Notty was laid out in the area by one of the young kids as he went up for a header. The youngster just went through him not even looking at the ball ...... might have been soft but I thought more would've been said .......

However, I will concur with the Captain as there was a 'foul' that led to the winner. I believe it was Tak who did his best impersonation of an NFL Special Teams player by blocking a high ball with both hands. Mind you, he is only 5' tall ...... I would've called it .......

Shocked over the Firemen result to say the least ....... every time I ref'd them, it was usually a battering .......

Should be an interesting final Saturday ........ I will once again take on the inevitable task of hanging out on the line looking for some decent through balls to run onto .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0