Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 RRSL Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's the same as last year: www.eteamz.com/rrsl.

Hopefully it'll have the results up quicker than last year, as it's being updated by the prez. Last year was a hassle due to the unecessary excess of information flow: ref to prez to me to website. No more (2nd) middle man.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Win for TTP Imports

TTP Imports 1 - Westside Knights 0

Great night out at S. Memorial last night with the pitch in great shape on the flanks but mucky and bumpy down the middle.
Many chances for the Imports to take the lead and put the game away, but man of the match Knights keeper closed the door.
He even stopped HOS on a PK, the first missed PK for me in the RRSL. But I was not the only one to be robbed, TheRob was stoned from 6 yards out.
The team looked dangerous up front, with both Merks and Dolly giving the Knights backline head-aches.
Kevin gave the team the win in the last 10 and we were able to hang on to the win even with the knights late push.

TTP Imports because of all the TTPers out playing for the team last night; HOS, TheRob, Notty, Kurgan, and Showtime, we missed you TB.

HOSgetsSOwithMcD'sPre-GameMeal:eek:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where do you think the Sniper that got Dolan was hiding? Behind the grassy knoll? Up in one of the trees? Over by the memorial statue?:confused:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 1 - 1 Club I

A nice close game, thankfully.

Minus a couple of gaffs, it was nice finally see the Strangers play the way we know we can. Even with no subs to Ire's two dozen or so subs (ouch, bad English), we managed to survive well enough to capitalize on a bad pass back to the keeper and make it 1-0.

I had to admire Club I's determination to equalize, though. Despite holding them in check, their right midfielder made a nice move to get free deep in the box and center a low hard pass into the six. Their striker didn't even have to make a move -- it just deflected in off his shin. Too bad for us, but a deserving result for both teams.

Also, cudo's to their sportmanship for their concern about the knock in the head I took. It's a sweet lump, but it stopped bleeding pretty quick.

Keeperwhofinallygothisfirstringinhueythisyear

ginger tours

Apr 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 1 : BINGERS 0

Late post from last week - little to say about the game, not a lot of incident, other than handbags on 90 mins resulting in 2 sent off, more to say about the pitch - South Arm is a shocker.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results from Last Night

Notty how did the Imports do last night.

I bet you are still driving around with your English Jersey honking your horn.

Becks and the boys still have to get a result from Nigeria, while Sweden will be winning the Group.

HOSwantsScores

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yet another draw

Rangers 0 - 0 Bingers

John failed to show by 6.30 to ref, so we started a scrimage in which the Rangers went up 1-0 very quickly. Eventually John showed and we restarted the match.

Bingers had lots of pressure but no quality chances in the first. We didn't do much in their end. Pretty much the same in the second except for the handful of point blank chances Bingers had and the crossbar and diving header from the Rangers. Overall, the quality of the field dictated the quality of play. In a word: bad.

Keeperwho'sbeenspoiledfromwatchingtheWorldCup

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger - Imports have a Great Battle

The Imports came up on top with a 4-3 win but a very close game on a great night.

Keeper outplayed HOS on the night, with the Rangers somehow getting the scouting report on the Chip. I got done in the first minute on a lucky chip by one of the Rangers players. It didn't stop there, a guy tried to do me from 30 yards out and hit the bar. I had enough when a guy yelled "Chip Him" when I was standing on the goal line.

Imports where down 2-0 early in the game but cam back to tie it at 2, just before the half. Merks goes in the pipes and HOS puts on a Blue top, to get revenge on the pitch.
We came out flying in the second half, carrying most of the play, going up 4-2 with two quick goals, one a great header by the "Sultan of Co-Ed" TheRob.
We held off the Rangers for the rest of the match, but did allow them to get one back.

Be nice to the Refs so when you go and muck it up on the park, like I did last night, you won't get booked, the Ref will just laugh and call the foul.

Great win and good revenge for an earlier defeat to the Rangers earlier in the year.

HOS

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers / Imports shootout .....

A bit of a surprising start by Rangers nicking 2 goals in the first 10 minutes. After that though, Imports controlled most of the play. #13 up front proved a handful for the Rangers backline as the older fella spent most of his time chasing him or else grabbing his shirt. Some individual errors on the Imports backline should have been punished with a goal or two but a lot of the danger was eventually snuffed out.

I thought it was a fairly decent game with some very good challenges (notably HOS's crunching tackle on the touchline). Did far too much running in that heat and should've booked a couple for yap but at the end of the day ......... what's a few words between friends ??!

earsstillburningfromdoley'soffsidecallathalfway

da ref

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great to hear views from a ref........even an idiots ref no less:D

Tell me Walks, does it really help to play it up to a ref before and even during a game, in order not to get booked for the odd dodgy challenge in a game? If so I might start to change my approach:cool:

daplayer

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks,

I felt sorry for the little guy in the middle of the park who seemed to have lost his handbag. It's important to me that you know that I don't normally push off of a girl marking me.

Reputations and all that :rolleyes:

~TB.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You had a good Walk in the Middle, Walks

I think guys get a little carried away in that SUMMER league, we are supposed to be out having fun, not a moan at the Ref.

Having a go at you about an Off-side is crazy, you can't see the exact line that the players are standing on. With out linesman, how can you make an accurate off-side call on all the thru balls that given all night long.
Any way that it is called, one side is going to be pissed-0ff. The front runner or the back line. Just go with the call and stop having a moan, it is SUMMER League, go out have a run, play hard, and have a beer after.
I guess guys get caught up in the moment some times. Like when I two footed that guy in the box. All in good fun.

hos

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocking comment .......

P,

Don't know if it helps that much to play it up with a ref before / during the game but I'll be honest and say that it probably doesn't hurt. Mind you, knowing your two feet challenges at knee level ......... you could be buying me pints for a year and it's not going to make a difference. I find that if someone questions a call with a reasonable tone (like Nuke did last night), I'd respect that and there would be no harm done. But, if some twat comes at me f'ing and blinding, well ....... I'd probably clamp down on his ass and look to book him ....... hey, idiot's have feeling too ........

Regs,

Almost felt sorry for the wee man as the comment about the shirt pull and the carrying on afterwards was nothing short of ludicrous ......... couldn't help but laugh to myself as he completely embarassed himself .........

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What if someone Calls you SunShine

That was a classic last night, how can you get angry with Jam-O, you have to have a laugh at that.

SunShine

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunshine ........

HOS .......... had a good chuckle at that one I must admit, not every day that I get that one ...... usually it's a F*&kin' C*nt !!!!

I was a little shocked though as I thought Jam-o was trying to clean that guy's teeth with his studs ..... thought it was a clear cut foul but who am I ??

I'll give you the two footer in the box since I felt bad for you on that chip in the first 10 seconds ........ and the sun was at the back of you !!!!!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS, surely you jest. You might have been chipped from 30, but you didn't give Doley a weak, short-side from a sharp angle. I hate to burst TheRob's bubble in public (sorry, buddy), but it was over the line before I blindly scooped it out to his head. Most decent refs would have seen that easily. ;)

I didn't know you were out there last night -- I would have said hello. Now that Swedish-coloured GK jersey makes sense.

It was nice to TheRob and his entourage after the game -- any time your dog becomes too much to handle I'll be glad to take him off you hands for you. :)

Regs, no one can get on you for being bald anymore. As Elaine Benness once said: "He's not bald . . . He's balding."

As for the field . . . I can feel my feet anymore. The Richmond Parks Board needs to invest in the Gold Claw and soften it up a bit.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John,

If you want to get on Walks good side when he's reffing, just make sure the cooler is well stocked with Vodka and Red Bull.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crack in a can .......

Jinky,

Now we're talking .......... two footers are fair play if there's Red Bull around.

As for the ball going over the line and then headed back in ...... I'm blaming the Richmond Parks Board as well .......... dodgy job on the lining of the field ........... yeah, I'll go with that one ......

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I personally don't think it was over the line in the first place. It was a great save by the "keeper." He was just a little unlucky on his clearence. That's a pretty tough header for an FVSLer.:rolleyes:

Walks,

Check your PM's.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On second thought, I'm not quite positive the ball was entirely over the line. It was an amazing save, and I was unlucky to not have any defenders marking that 5 foot, four-eyed midfielder wandering down the left side. ;)

HOS, you were right the first time: I did out play you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts