Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Province Cup (Men)

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of bringing in players...... WAB, what are you going to do if you run out of air miles?

It sure is nice to finally get some company here in Notty's back pocket. I was starting to get lonely. ;)

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh well

Good game today.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Shitty way to lose

The Argies are a skilled bunch but they sure do give up a lot of chances. We had ample opportunities to finish them off in regulation and in overtime, but came away empty handed.

Girth, I agree that the Argies had more possession, but when you look back on the quality chances by each team, I think Poco had more.

By the way, that was the best officiated game this year - BY FAR! I wish I got the ref's name. He was great.

The Monkey

Good luck against Surrey, Peace Arch. I guess it's old home week for you boys.;)

The Monkey is sad because he missed the deciding PK :(

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Air Miles

This will only become a problem when Hearnesy demands his family accompany him. Ha, right!

Notty No more?
Notty left the game with 20 to go. Looked like a groin injury. Elvis left in the first half after attempting to kick a Peg player while he was on the ground.

Regs,
True enough, you have done it in the past without them....so why sign them in the first place.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No way to lose

First off I want to say Regs I'm just having a go, Remeber last week when you said " I once did a bicycle in high school" that really got on my tits, cause what you've done in the past does count in my books.I really though you guys would be there in the finals, but football is a funny game.

Monkey I couldn't agree with you more pks are a tough way to lose. We know. I think it was you who scored both against us.

Anyways good season poco,unlucky

Cainy is looking forward to the homecoming, my guess is there won't be a parade

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy,

You're mis-quoting me... never did I say 'I once did a bicycle in high school... please don't do it again :rolleyes:

As for getting on your tits, we're even now ;)

WAB,

They are signed because 1) it is a long season; and 2) they have always played for Peg in the past... quality players tend to lift the level of play of those around them even when they are not there.

Except for today, of course :rolleyes:

~TB

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, where's my...ah fcuk it!

Captain:

If you get knocked out in the first round, how is it considered a 'run'?

Just to clarify, that's not a slag on me at all. If it was, I'd be pissed, and do this:

:mad:

But I'm not. :)

And the Rangers did win a league (albeit, the reserve league). And don't tell me you wouldn't have secretly loved to have qualified for the BC's through the Imperial Cup, and it wasn’t a motivation for entering. You only found out at the last minute that you couldn’t use your best U-21 players, correct?

This, hopefully, points out your seasons were very similar. Neener, neener, neener.:p

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBY (AKA Caps)

Regs, WAB, KNVB, Who ever else…Thanks for the props…

First of all, cheers to the “Gents” on PEG…many battles each way! A few knocks taken from on the Peg side but in good stride. Doddy had another blinder (despite the turbin (sp) he ended up wearing in the second half) and showed true poise by finishing the game! Pints to Macey for shanking the sitter…he just earned a few extra points discount!

That being said, BBY lads felt confident and finished on 2 out of 8 quality including breakaway chances. Hate to toot our horn but…toot toot!

Nothing else to be said except…three to go!

~Notty
:)

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sideshow bob?

I don't watch cartoons anymore, I stopped watching the when I stopped shatting the bed.:p

Who is the Texan? If he is like me he must be well hung:D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU vs. PAU

This will be a very interesting game to watch...a number of ex teammates going at it...and don't forget about the Foden Factor;) Of course PAU will be in tough but what the hell (too bad PAU's beer fund couldn't fly puller in:p )...it'll be fun to see Fenian kick knvb and see if Peter can secure the high ball of the game award.
Cainy gets a chance to step over Deacon's two footers (he probably won't need to bring those out of the toolbox though.)...maybe hoss will provide the bangin'
G will tower over cuddler but will he get skinned by the speedy fella?
If you do score, you better have a quality show for the fans Sage...Skip will definitely have to watch for the SU speed(Dormer et al.)...it'll be a good test for Hibee to play against some better quality.
If PAU win I guess there's no doubt where Pete and Carse will be going to play next year;)
More importantly this could be the preview of the Kelowna Tourney final this May :D

At the end of the day I'm sure there'll be beers and cheers all around...no offense SU boys but I'll be cheering for the underdogs:cool:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How could you Aves? .... We should drum you out of Surrey United. Twat.

QUARTER-FINALS--2002-04-20/21

Surrey United vs Peace Arch United

Croatia SC vs Rino's Westside

Burnaby Canadians vs Sapperton Rovers

Gorge FC vs Argentina Athletics

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia next

should be a good, close game. we had a good battle with them a few weeks ago.

Croatia 36-0 Westside

#30 GEU

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argentina vs Pocomo

Hi,

Im Justin #18 on Argentina. Hi to all the ttpers. This is my first time posting.

Captain and team congratulations.

KNVB I am the "prick" that split open your teammates eye. It WAS an accident. I didnt feel good and I apologized during and after the game.

Winning in PK's is nothing to brag about. It is a shitty way to lose. Poco very easily could have won today.

They had a two-man breakaway after one of us tried dribbling at the back. Our goalie made a HUGE save as he dove across helplessly. Prior to that, our goalie stopped another one labelled for the corner. To top it off, he made two saves in PK's.

However, we all know that Argentina is weakest on defense (that is where I play).

In my eyes Argentina was the better team today.

We all agreed that Poco was nothing but class before, during, and after the game. Every player on the field went into every challenge a 150% (around 40 slide tackles in the first half alone). They wanted to win! I am one of the fatter guys on our team and I have the unfortunate job of having to play physical (many people know that Argentina is not a physical team). I went in as hard as I could on more than one occasion expecting to deter Poco's slide checks, but it didnt work.

A great game for the Poco fans to watch, but Im sure that the honest ones would agree that Argentina had many, many more chances.
Not to take anything away from Poco's performance, as it is true that they missed one sitter.

There is my first ever post on ttp

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU booster club

Knvb,
I'll turn in my booster club card for this weekend but does that mean I'll have to send a special op force out to penetrate the SU beer fund??? Or will the cooler be thrown in the dressing room at the half?;)
Maybe I'll just bring my own...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB I am the "prick" that split open your teammates eye. It WAS an accident. I didnt feel good and I apologized during and after the game.
#18, that was like 6 months ago wasn't it? I'm over it. So is Wilkey. ;)

Aves, hopefully things will be going our way and the cooler doesn't need to be thrown. Better bring your own just in case.......:rolleyes: Your a dirty rotten traitor and I hate you, but I'll never turn down one of my best customers. ;)

Maybe now Cainey and crew will go get the ball when it's kicked out into the parking lot.Fcukers.

Yours with inside jokes, KNVB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome aboard, Mr. Rettig. Congrats on your win today. A win is a win and your down to the final eight. That is all that matters. Also, congrats on your first child. I haven't seen you since then.....

Captain

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey KNVB pretty good analsis of the match. Throughout the season what helped make us so succesful was Spencer and Alex and missing them really does hurt us. We only had JJ for about 6 games so we are used to playing without him somewhat. I do disagree with your shout about the officiating though. She botched the penalty call when Drew took me down on the breakaway. With the score 2-1 and us surging at the time if she had of called it it certainly would have made things interesting. Another call she botched was that attrocious jump kick by Dal near the end of the game, it should ahve been a red. Our younger players did do well for us and with three u-17 players out there i think that we did alright. But most importantly what was up with the lack of a sing song at the end of the game? Not that i really missed it though.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Darby

I think it was a good non-call on the penalty shot...the keeper got the ball with his arms and got the player with his lower half as he was sliding through...but then again I WAS cheering for SU on the day...anticipating the much anticipated homecoming match. I thought the ref did well...heck she even apologized for not giving an advantage after your sideline and a few players screamed at her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0